Vaccum on Reload RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Mendiola

Jan 2, 2017
Mexico
Hey guys, once again with some discussion topic.

I recently bought a Reload rta (beautiful RTA I must say, amazing flavor and vapor production IMO), but after a couple rewicks I just seem to keep getting dry hits after 5-6 pulls with around 10 second intervals to let juice flow.

I fluff the ends and make them a bit thin just as the reviewers say and tuck the cotton in real smooth, not tight but not too loose.

But I found that by opening the top fill I get bubbling -sort of like a burp- around the wick holes at the bottom and the juice flows into the cotton fast!

TL;DR: How can I have less of a vaccum on my RTA without having to unscrew the top fill/having it kinda loose?

• Optimistic
Reactions: VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Griffin RTA Dry Hits/Slow Wicking Issues RESOLVED.

You should read the link, the Griffin fills and the top cap screws on just like the Reload. I strongly suspect that you're overtightening the cap after filling, just barely snug is going to avoid the air lock. You also have to close off the air holes at the bottom when filling, that step is critical to solving your problem.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jose Mendiola

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
It might how the other poster said. It's tightened down too tight. But, I think you might have too much wick in the wicking slots. The chamber(where you inhale) is a direct path to the tank. AIr should be able to go into the tank. If it's blocked off with a lot of cotton it would be hard for the air to get in there.

Also, the size of your coils matter. If the inner diameter is too small it would dry up quickly when you take a puff. I woud recommend 3.0mm or larger.

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Jose Mendiola

Jan 2, 2017
Mexico
Griffin RTA Dry Hits/Slow Wicking Issues RESOLVED.

You should read the link, the Griffin fills and the top cap screws on just like the Reload. I strongly suspect that you're overtightening the cap after filling, just barely snug is going to avoid the air lock. You also have to close off the air holes at the bottom when filling, that step is critical to solving your problem.

Thanks, I’ll check that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread