Garbage, Garbage, Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
I've coined a new acronym: RCA. That stands for Rebuildable Crap Atomizer. I am now on a streak of four defective rebuidables in two weeks. Two bottom flow rta's (Geek Vape Ammit Dual, Vandy Vape Kensei), A top flow rta (OBS Engine II) and a mesh (Digiflavor Themis). The two bottom flow RTA's seem to have the same design defect. They don't leak when cold but, after warming and expanding, unscrewing the fill cap breaks the vacumn and they leak through the bottom airflow. The OBS Engine II shorts out when you fully tighten it (in spite of appropriate coil placement). And the Themis had such a bad bottom cap fit that I couldn't rescrew it once.

And as long as I'm venting ... There may be three million companies selling vape equipment but, its possible that there's only three real manufacturers. The Themis and the Engine II are remarkable similar in appearance, having similar base and internal machine pressed bell chamber. And as to the two bottom flow leakers, there identical defect and and fill cap leads me to the same conclusion.

And, other characters deserving a poke in the eye. Chinese businesses that want pictures and videos before they'll except a return. And how about You Tube reviews? This pack of worthless idiots should suffer unmentionable acts for misleading the public. I think that covers it.

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
I've coined a new acronym: RCA. That stands for Rebuildable Crap Atomizer. I am now on a streak of four defective rebuidables in two weeks. Two bottom flow RTA's (Geek Vape Ammit Dual, Vandy Vape Kensei), A top flow RTA (OBS Engine II) and a mesh (Digiflavor Themis). The two bottom flow RTA's seem to have the same design defect. They don't leak when cold but, after warming and expanding, unscrewing the fill cap breaks the vacumn and they leak through the bottom airflow. The OBS Engine II shorts out when you fully tighten it (in spite of appropriate coil placement). And the Themis had such a bad bottom cap fit that I couldn't rescrew it once.

And as long as I'm venting ... There may be three million companies selling vape equipment but, its possible that there's only three real manufacturers. The Themis and the Engine II are remarkable similar in appearance, having similar base and internal machine pressed bell chamber. And as to the two bottom flow leakers, there identical defect and and fill cap leads me to the same conclusion.

And, other characters deserving a poke in the eye. Chinese businesses that want pictures and videos before they'll except a return. And how about You Tube reviews? This pack of worthless idiots should suffer unmentionable acts for misleading the public. I think that covers it.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Your problem is that you are using RTA’s. Switch to an RDA and a Squonk mod. I have and haven’t looked back. No more tweaking how much or little wicking I have because of leaking or dry hits. It really is the best way to fix all those garbage rta’s. Use rda’s

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
By design, some attys are just prone to leak when the top cap is removed to fill. It's the vacuum that keeps the juice from leaking out the air ports. Once the top cap is off the vacuum lock is broken and the juice can enter the chimney through the juice ports. The natural outlet then is out the air holes in the bottom.

Lots of people complain about bottom fill designs, but it's the best way to keep the juice in the tank as you add more. A juice flow control should be standard. The Coppervape Skyline is a good example of Juice Flow Control allowing top fill without leaks.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The two bottom flow RTA's seem to have the same design defect. They don't leak when cold but, after warming and expanding, unscrewing the fill cap breaks the vacumn and they leak through the bottom airflow.

More wick could solve that. Also don't leave it open for too long. Like open the liquid bottle first, get it ready, then open the tank, pour in, close tank, then close juice bottle.

Nearly all tanks will leak some when the ambient (outside) air pressure changes enough. Such as going from a cool house to a 120F+ car in the summer.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I've coined a new acronym: RCA. That stands for Rebuildable Crap Atomizer. I am now on a streak of four defective rebuidables in two weeks. Two bottom flow RTA's (Geek Vape Ammit Dual, Vandy Vape Kensei), A top flow RTA (OBS Engine II) and a mesh (Digiflavor Themis). The two bottom flow RTA's seem to have the same design defect. They don't leak when cold but, after warming and expanding, unscrewing the fill cap breaks the vacumn and they leak through the bottom airflow. The OBS Engine II shorts out when you fully tighten it (in spite of appropriate coil placement). And the Themis had such a bad bottom cap fit that I couldn't rescrew it once.

Jeez you're annoyed aren't you :D
I got my first and last RTA when they first appeared on the scene. It leaked a whole tank of liquid in the first 1/2 day and that was it for me.

Actually, it always makes me laugh how many threads there are about the specific idiosyncrasies of particular RDTA's....you know things like ''aah well the themis leaks unless you sacrifice a goat at midday on the summer solstice whilst holding two pairs of ceramic tweezers'' :lol::lol::lol:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
and that my friend is why i switched to rda's never had any luck with a tank that didn't leak and flavor wasn't all that great....now i will say the geekvape aero tank I haven't had leaking issues with but the top cap gets stuck like a ........but flavor is awesome, then again it uses mesh coils....
but seriously get you a profile mesh rda and say forget it :D and if you don't want to carry a bottle of juice around for dripping then look into a nice squonk mod :D I am now a very happy vaper

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Never had a leak or flood with the Titan. She holds 28ml in the tank and another 5ml below the deck.
Shut off the JFC, remove the top cap and fill. The only problem is the cramp in your hand from squeezing those horrible Gorilla bottles.... :lol: Wicking is the key to a awesome running RTA, each one is different and has a learning curve.

Titan.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Jeez you're annoyed aren't you :D
I got my first and last RTA when they first appeared on the scene. It leaked a whole tank of liquid in the first 1/2 day and that was it for me.

Actually, it always makes me laugh how many threads there are about the specific idiosyncrasies of particular RDTA's....you know things like ''aah well the themis leaks unless you sacrifice a goat at midday on the summer solstice whilst holding two pairs of ceramic tweezers'' :lol::lol::lol:
RTAs are easy to miswick, and if you do, they will leak. A badly designed one will leak for other reasons as well. Each model is different. The primary advantage of a squonk RDA IMHO is it has the capacity of an RTA (or more) with the wicking simplicity of an RDA. Cost is mod size and price. Using a coil cartridge system isn’t really a way out either, because even though they are easier to wick, they will leak too. Heck even a pod system will leak.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
RTAs are easy to miswick, and if you do, they will leak. A badly designed one will leak for other reasons as well. Each model is different. The primary advantage of a squonk RDA IMHO is it has the capacity of an RTA (or more) with the wicking simplicity of an RDA. Cost is mod size and price. Using a coil cartridge system isn’t really a way out either, because even though they are easier to wick, they will leak too. Heck even a pod system will leak.

I love my squonks and all my rda's but have never been an RTA fan because they're such a pain in the *ss. Something that is that finicky needs to go back to the drawing board IMO.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I love my squonks and all my rda's but have never been an RTA fan because they're such a pain in the *ss. Something that is that finicky needs to go back to the drawing board IMO.
I agreed with that sentiment for a long time. Not so much these days but I definitely get it. RTAs are definitely more touchy about wicking than RDAs

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I won an rda in a giveaway which I’m lucky I did because I probably wouldn’t have tried one if I didn’t. I figured I’d set it up and drip (since I didn’t have a squonker) to see if it was any good. As soon as I trimmed the excess rayon and tucked them into the juice well a realization came over me. I thought “holy hell im done.” “I won’t have to put some juice in and see how I did or make any adjustment whatsoever” even though it was the first time building it and I didn’t watch any tutorials to see how it “likes” to be wicked. I felt stupid that I didn’t realize it earlier. I’d always hear folks say they wanted this brand or that to come out with a Squonk mod and I finally understood why. Better flavor, better capacity, and most of all no freaking adjustments after I build it. Having to dump juice or try saving it and making a mess just to get the damn thing to run right. Honestly rta’s seem silly to me now, I don’t want a pain in the ... only to receive, at best, flavor close to an average rda. No thank you, mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Squonk. It’s trampling out the leaking from the $hitty R-TA. We’re saving tons of time not fiddling with this garbage all damn day.
Vape truth is marching on, vape truth is marching
Glory, glory, Hallelujah! Glory, glory, Hallelujah!
Glory, glory, Hallelujah! Vaping truth are marching on

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread