Vamo 5 and flat-top battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean R

May 25, 2014
Columbia, MO
I've had my Vamo 5 for a month now and it's a great device for me. The only issue I have had is with flat top batteries.

The kit came with two no-name grey 18350 900 mAh batteries. On Day One they powered the unit up with no problems after I charged them.

I bought two flat-top 18650 Efest 2000 mAH batteries from my local vape shop and after charging them fully, found that neither would power up the Vamo, After some research here, I learned that button-top batteries might work better. My vape shop exchanged them and that did the trick.

So here's the weird part. For the past three weeks I have alternated my flat-top 18350 and button-type 18650 batteries with no problem. Then, all a sudden, my 18350 flat-tops will not work in my Vamo. I have tried running the 18350 batteries in single (both of them) and double mode. They will not power up the unit. I tried putting them back on the charger and the charger indicates they are fully charged.

I tried stretching the bottom spring to see if they would make better contact with the top post, but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Is it possible that the tops (or the bottoms) of the battery have dented and are no longer making contact with either the top post inside the Vamo or with each other? I know you said you already stretched the spring but as you have already tested the batteries, this is all I have... Maybe you can try it in 18350 mode with just one battery and see if they fire it up that way.

I always used flat-top batteries in my V2 Vamo and have never had an issue.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I run vtc3or4's in my dad's vamo and they are flat they work fine, also my mom had been rocking those Grey batteries for 6 months and they are just fine I'm actually running a fogger v4 at maybe one ohm on one right now, all good. Those batteries are OK.
But as too your problem.... Do you have any dings in the threads or anywhere on the tube of the vamo, my dad's has a dent and it keeps the battery from sliding all the way to the top and the spring isn't strong enough to push it up you gotta push it up with your finger sometimes.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It takes next to no current to light an LED
Without your Vamo in MY hand, I can't say what you are running into, but I can say Both Flattop and Button Tops work in Vamo's.

I've seen batteries read full voltage, but unable to push any amperage. It happens and can happen in Years or the first day.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm guessing reverse polarity.

either that or your positive pin on the inside of the mod has got pushed up;
I have the older v3 version
1394901-5.jpg

So in my case I can take the two tubes off and inspect the pin on the head; I don't know if you can do that on the v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread