Not open for further replies.

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
I got my VAMO3, NiteCore charger and Panasonic batteries today in vapemail from fasttech and it's great!! You "nay-sayers" can talk ..... about them all you want but, for the price, they can't be beat!!! Pretty fast delivery all the way from China too. So, go ahead and buy your gear from local B&Ms (that get their stuff from the fasttech, or some place comparable, then double the price) and I'll spend the money I saved on more vape stuff. I'm not trying to be contrary but it amazes me how many folks say "I'd rather spend my money doing business with local vendors" and pay double for the same thing you can get from fasttech. the Chinese are getting your money regardless so why not try to save several dollars when you buy something that you want that's available on FastTech? I just don't get it.:confused:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The difference is you have someone who's local who depends on people like us to stay in business. Yes, it's going to be more expensive as the overhead is completely different than an online store. But you also get the satisfaction of getting it now as well as supporting a local business.

What I don't get is the crying that happens when the local vendor folds because people preferred to spend online instead and they can't get something immediately because theirs broke.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I agree we should support the local economy whenever possible but your opinion would change if you went in any of MY local vape shops. these jerks need to be sent home for what they charge, if you want to argue go ahead but 10 bucks for a ce4 clearo? really? and 15 bucks for 10ml juice? supporting locals and being bent over are far different things around here lol.

HDVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
I agree we should support the local economy whenever possible but your opinion would change if you went in any of MY local vape shops. these jerks need to be sent home for what they charge, if you want to argue go ahead but 10 bucks for a ce4 clearo? really? and 15 bucks for 10ml juice? supporting locals and being bent over are far different things around here lol.

Case closed! THANK YOU, Thrasher. Exactly my point.

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Try writing corporate offices if you don't agree with the pricing. I have a local store that is trying to stay competitive with other stores and online, but of coarse you will pay more just because of the overhead. I buy some at local shops and some online. I'm waiting on a package from fasttech now and it's been almost two weeks. I also went to the local shop and bought a few extra tanks. The same ones I've ordered from fasttech. So I do both. Sure you can get things cheaper online, but its the convenience and the service.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I agree, I am not goign to pay five prices for anything. I don't need it that fast - that's why we keep backups of our backups. Now I don't mind my local B&M asking 8.00 for 10 mils of juice, it's good and I know where it's mixed and who's mixing it. Not often you find a place with the quality to have fresh mixed never need steeping, even the tobacco flavors are good right off the bat. That is worth paying a bit more for but, 60.00 for a 650mAh ego clone kit?!?! and 125 for an iWand?!?! Not to mention the 200.00 e-pipe. GAH it isn't even VV, I can buy a Provari (clearance section) for less.

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
With my stores here I've tried to help them as far as juices to get and supplies. I've mentioned other places selling the same stuff at a cheaper price or someplace I've seen online that they could order from to cut their cost on their stuff. They have been adjusting their prices on stuff to become more competitive.

fred1sa

Jul 9, 2013
South africa
The difference is you have someone who's local who depends on people like us to stay in business. Yes, it's going to be more expensive as the overhead is completely different than an online store. But you also get the satisfaction of getting it now as well as supporting a local business.

What I don't get is the crying that happens when the local vendor folds because people preferred to spend online instead and they can't get something immediately because theirs broke.

So then their should surely be US based online stores with competitive pricing.
I am from South Africa and all you get locally are bottom of the range ego style batteries and ce4/5 and vivi novas, etc

HDVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
I'm glad you're happy with your gear and will be vaping away like a dragon! Let's just hope your charger doesn't have a problem. :)

I thought NiteCore was a good charger. But if I do I have trouble I have three or four other ones. The only one that I really worry about is the Trustfire. I just can't get next to any e-cig product that has the word "fire" in their name. Regardless, every item/device I have is pretty much disposable IMHO, except my ProVari with is at the "hospital" as we speak.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I thought NiteCore was a good charger. But if I do I have trouble I have three or four other ones. The only one that I really worry about is the Trustfire. I just can't get next to any e-cig product that has the word "fire" in their name. Regardless, every item/device I have is pretty much disposable IMHO, except my ProVari with is at the "hospital" as we speak.

I've heard quite a few untrustworthy things about batteries and chargers with fire in the name. ;) I didn't realize you had other chargers, my comment was meant as where would you get one if the only charger you had went out. I hope you got the ss finish. I got the black chrome - oh oops! The finish wore off down one side in under a month.

ETA: I have a Nitecore and and Xtar. I like them equally.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Not wanting to de-rail anything here, But just thought I would chime in on the "fire" batteries and my FT charger. Early on, I bought all my batteries from FT..and an "intelicharger. Anyway, after reading many posts I was convinved the AW's were best etc. After a coupkle months of the trusfires and AW's in my rotation, I not only see no difference, but I have one battery that has a very short life, and that is the AW. ... so you just never know.

Sorry for de-railing a tad...

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Not wanting to de-rail anything here, But just thought I would chime in on the "fire" batteries and my FT charger. early on, I bought all my batteries from FT..and an "intelicharger. Ant way, afyer reading many posts I was convinved the AW's were best etc. After a coupkle months of the trusfires and AW's in my rotation, I not only see no difference, but I have one battery that has a very short life, and that is the AW. ... so you just never know.

Sorry for de-railing a tad...

Have you seen Bad's pictures of the ones that went thermal? It can happen to any battery, but the pictures are scary.

Sorry for the derail...we will now rejoin the program already in progress.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
If I've got someone good who I can trust locally that only charges a little more than an unknown online source, then they'll get my business. I'll take face to face sales over a computer screen and keyboard any day, so long as the local guy isn't out of line with his prices.

I only have one "vape shop" in my area. They have no shortage of "water pipes," "hand pipes" (as they call them), and tobacco. But they only got one generic eGo battery, generic Vivi novas and one line of juices. The hardware is priced twice as high as authentic name brand stuff. Did I mention the guy smokes cigarettes all day in the shop, has more fingers than teeth (and is probably missing a finger), smells like he hasn't showered in a few days and his eyes light up when someone inquires about how a "water pipe" performs?

Yeah. He totally diserves my money. Until a respectable vape shop comes around with respectable prices, gear and most importantly juices, I'll give my business to cyberspace. Halo, FastTech and EVCigarettes haven't wronged me yet.

HDVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
I've heard quite a few untrustworthy things about batteries and chargers with fire in the name. ;) I didn't realize you had other chargers, my comment was meant as where would you get one if the only charger you had went out. I hope you got the ss finish. I got the black chrome - oh oops! The finish wore off down one side in under a month.

ETA: I have a Nitecore and and Xtar. I like them equally.

I did get the stainless steel V3 but I have a black chrome V2. So far (knock on wood) the finish is in tact. But, after reading your post, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Thanks for the info. :thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread