Vamo HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
So I have had around 6 Vamos, sold them all on, but I decided I wanted a SS for myself
It arrived and it won' t fire up
It turns on and all of that but it doesn't any ohms for my clearos, Vivi Nova and so on.
\Must be some kind of connection problem.

Anyway, I could send it back to China where I bought it from, it was a Chinese Vendor, But that will cost me money

Hoping someone out there has a fix for this.
Thanks

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, the protection circuits in Vamos don't play nice with protection circuits in protected batteries. The Vamo usually won't fire with a protected battery, especially if you have the voltage or wattage cranked up high.

You need unprotected, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries in a Vamo. Check the Vamo Batteries thread in the Vamo forum.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
Also, the protection circuits in Vamos don't play nice with protection circuits in protected batteries. The Vamo usually won't fire with a protected battery, especially if you have the voltage or wattage cranked up high.

You need unprotected, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries in a Vamo. Check the Vamo Batteries thread in the Vamo forum.
Only use not protected in all my PVs....

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
cheers
So why do you have to cut the washer?

I believe so it will fit properly. But before you go to all that trouble just try wiggling the center post up with a small screwdriver or some such. Sounds like it may have gotten pushed down a little and you just need to raise it a little higher. I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Chakthi

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Only use not protected in all my PVs....

If you do choose to use unprotected batteries, you might consider at least investing in the Vape Safe, Vape Safe 2, Short Stop, or some other safety fuse. I use the Vape Safe 2 in my Vamo with zero problems, and it gives me a little bit of peace of mind - kinda like putting my seatbelt on before I drive. ;) I might still die, but at least I have a layer of protection that just might save my life - not that you're likely to die if something goes wrong with your battery, but better safe than sorry!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I do believer I'd take a few minutes and a digital meter to check it over.
If the center pin is not contacting the outer area, you should get a Volts reading. If not, it may have internal issues that the ohms fix isn't going to correct.
Could be as simple as the v+ wire not soldered to the pin - seen it before.

pdxtechdoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
pdxtechdoctor
I do believer I'd take a few minutes and a digital meter to check it over.
If the center pin is not contacting the outer area, you should get a Volts reading. If not, it may have internal issues that the ohms fix isn't going to correct.
Could be as simple as the v+ wire not soldered to the pin - seen it before.

Will you even get a voltage reading with a voltage meter? Shouldn't the Vamo just go Lo and not fire?

I haven't pulled out my meter since I got the vamo since I can measure ohms without it.. I'm curious now and will have to try it sometime.

I would definitely try pulling up the center pin some to see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread