Vamo V1 and V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I am looking to order the V2 form China and I want to find out how I can identify the V2 version. I saw in one Vamo thread that it needs to have a longer spring and the red insulator around the positive contact. As far as I know the second picture represents the spring for the 2nd version. Is that right?

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 264

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
From the little research I've done about them, yes. The v1 looks like the first picture, and v2 the second. Also, I believe v1 had plastic buttons instead of metal ones.

Your are correct sir. I've got both v1 and also a gun metal v2. I used a piece of untreated very thin cardboard and cut it out to fit the inside of my v1 so no worries about using flat top batteries. A little trick I found out is that if you use 2 spacers from an xtar charger you can use a 18500 battery in it also. Don't really know why I found this out but I did. (Hey sometimes I get bored) And to the OP I'd like to say Welcome to ECF.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Your are correct sir. I've got both v1 and also a gun metal v2. I used a piece of untreated very thin cardboard and cut it out to fit the inside of my v1 so no worries about using flat top batteries. A little trick I found out is that if you use 2 spacers from an Xtar charger you can use a 18500 battery in it also. Don't really know why I found this out but I did. (Hey sometimes I get bored) And to the OP I'd like to say Welcome to ECF.

Lol, we all like to play with our toys. Actually, I have a vamo on its way, and was curious about whether 18500s could work. I was going to try throwing an extension for a bolt on the tube, but my guess is the threads and/or tube diameter will be different.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
No need for the extra extension. If it's the Vamo it will have a sleeve already with it. You can use the recomended 1 18650, or 2 18350's or remove the sleeve and use just a single 18350. The 18500 really doesn't need to be worried about with those three combinations. It was just fun to see if it would really work. The 18500's I have go for the Kicked SB without the extension. I'm thinking the bolt extension will be completely different than the vamo. I know the SB's is.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
So, since the spring seems shorter, will there be any movement in the single 18350 mode using the flat top battery? The one I found has the metal button, but I guess they can easily put that instead of the plastic one.

Don't worry about any rattle, I use a single 18350 with my v1 and don't have any problems. Yet. Besides you can always pull and streatch the spring if you really need to.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
No need for the extra extension. If it's the Vamo it will have a sleeve already with it. You can use the recomended 1 18650, or 2 18350's or remove the sleeve and use just a single 18350. The 18500 really doesn't need to be worried about with those three combinations. It was just fun to see if it would really work. The 18500's I have go for the Kicked SB without the extension. I'm thinking the bolt extension will be completely different than the vamo. I know the SB's is.

Oh, I know. I just have several 18500s lying around and was curious about whether I could find a way to use them by using a shorter extension than the one provided, because 50mm - 35mm is equal to 65mm - 50mm. But, as you said, I'm sure the tubes will be too different for it to work.

gregzbobo

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Oklahoma City
Ive seen vamos with color buttons also. Is there a differance.

My chrome Vamo has colored buttons, sort of a pastel blue, it has the gold colored large spring, and the reddish insulator up inside around the positive pin. I bought it used (3-4 days old) but he had no documentation for it and the box just says "eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread