Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I don't know why the guy gave me wrong info, especially since he owns the vaping store I freqent
Sad commentary on some of the vape shops today. If you have the option of shopping around, do so. There are some great shops who have knowledgeable owners/employees in some cities. Unfortunately, it's hit of miss, in many smaller communities.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I don't know why the guy gave me wrong info, especially since he owns the vaping store I freqent

He probably doesnt sell Vamos at his store due to their reputation of being less than dependable. If you havent already gotten a backup I'd highly recommend getting one before spending the money on an RDA.

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
you CAN rebuild on the more limited APVs (more limited imo - vapes between 1-3 ohms, around 3 amp limit, 11-15w max).

I was happy with this setup for quite a while (on a SmokTech SiD - similar specs I'm sure): 1.4 ohm single coil setups worked great for me! It's nice to have a wider range though - my Cana mod lets me go down to like .6, and my mech will go as low as I want it! (I dont like much below .7 though.. built a dual at .5 once the vape gets HOT).

you can take shorter hits at lower ohms because the coil doesnt take as long to heat up.
Its all about what works for you though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mark-in-dallas

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Dallas, TX USA
I was at my local vape shop yesterday and 1 worker told a guy that he couldn't use an RDA on a Provari and another told a girl that she couldn't use one on her Vamo. They seem to be conditioned into thinking that RDA's are sub-ohm only, or just forget that they can be built at whatever resistance the user wants or needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread