Vamo v3 and Innokin SVD 18350 battery consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Wondering if anyone else has noticed the same. The vamo 3 seems to use much less power than the SVD at the same voltage. I can take my vamo to work with a freshly charged 18350 and at 4.2v, it will last me around 6 hrs. If I bring the SVD in, my fresh battery at 4.2 volts and same atomizer, lasts less than 4hrs! I do notice the vamo seems to pulse the atomizer where with the SVD its a solid popping on the coil. Could this be the cause or do I have an issue with my SVD? Both devices are great, but im reluctant to take my SVD out because I can never gauge how long my batteries will last.

Any input appreciated.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have much respect for both of my SVD's....great and well built mods, but I have since moved on to Provari's and the batteries last at least 3 times longer in the Provari's. They really do.

I have heard it said that batteries last longer in the Vamo than the SVD. I will have to say that statement is probably true from what Ive read here in different threads and my own expedrience changing to a different Mod.

Last edited:

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I'm using a protank mini 2 on both in voltage mode. I etched a bio hazard logo into the glass and like it most on the svd as it looks like a sci-fi medical device that freaks my coworkers out ;). Both the vamo and svd are great, I was just worried something was wrong with the svd as I ran outta batteries both times I took it to work. No worries if it's a known issue, I'll just gear up accordingly. Thanks all for the insight.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I've noticed my vamo lasts a bit longer as well with the same battery....but I think it may be more of a function of the accuracy of the chips ability to accurately read the ohms and power/voltage.
I only run mine in wattage mode.
How about you?

Savageman, man, thanks for bringing that up. I didnt even think about trying wattage mode. Switched to wattage mode 7.0 for a 2.6 resistance coil, and my battery lasted over 8 hrs and the performance is more consistent as well. Much appreciated!

Jackstraw

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2012
Out West
Why / How does that fix it? One mode affects the others' setting doesn't it?
I am not challenging the results. If this is true, I just want to learn why.
Thanks

Savageman, man, thanks for bringing that up. I didnt even think about trying wattage mode. Switched to wattage mode 7.0 for a 2.6 resistance coil, and my battery lasted over 8 hrs and the performance is more consistent as well. Much appreciated!

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Jackstraw, while I dont understand the electronics behind it, I have literally doubled my battery life and then some by switching the SVD over to wattage mode, so that part is definitely true. I wasnt able to get 4 hours out of it in voltage mode and I can go just shy of 11 hrs now. I thought my first test was maybe on a less stress day, and hence didnt hit it as much. Today I intentionally chain vaped, so much that I made myself kinda sick, and the SVD button just now turned yellow at 19:44 and I stuck a fresh battery in at 8:30 this AM. Is it possible there is some conversion taking place for voltage mode and that conversion chews up the charge, where wattage mode is straight up? Hopefully someone will chime in cuz I would have a hard time believing it too if I didnt test it.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
The reason I like wattage mode is because it will read the resistance of the atomizer and adust the voltage accordingly.
So 8 watts is 8 watts regardless of what the resistance of the atty is.

When in voltage mode, it doesn't do that.
It just sends whatever voltage to the atty that you set.

There are optimal voltages to run for a given resistance, and unless you know what that voltage is, you could be running too high or low, giving either a weak vape, or a burnt vape.

Wattage takes a lot of the guess work out.
You just set to the power you like, and it converts to the proper voltage.

Is this more efficient, I dunno, but it is more simple imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread