The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vamo V5 in short mode - battery or not meant to be?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by MizK, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's a good thing; the mean mode was just because whoever was programing the chip knew computer programming but didn't know electronics; afterwards when they discovered that the numbers were wrong, they added on an rms mode and called the existing mode the mean mode.

On my vamos, sometimes when I make power changes as in changing from 7.5volts input to 4 volt input my vamos might reset to factory default, which puts them in mean mode. You won't have that problem.

2. Monotremata

Monotremata Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Covina, CA
    RMS is more accurate anyways, you would want that.. Good to hear about the purple Efests.. Just bought a v7 and 2 of the purple 350s, which I plan on stacking.. I'm hoping it'll last all day since I'll go nowhere near that 40w it has!

3. MizK

MizK Full Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't even really know the difference, but glad to know that having just RMS is a perk. Thanks for all your info, edlyle. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :D
    No more separating and then stacking same batteries ... yeah. Error code: n00b

4. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    True, but better to find out in this fashion, than by a shoddy battery going postal on you... :shock: I got some batteries that turned out to be counterfeits, and yeah, I'm pretty pissed about it, since I have no idea what those batteries REALLY are, so I don't dare use them -- they're in the back of the drawer for "extreme emergencies only" use. :facepalm:

I agree though about the length of the Vamos; I prefer the size with a '350, but I prefer even more not doing musical-batteries all the time, so I keep a '650 in mine. Actually the extra length fits my hand well, so my thumbs hits the button just right. But what I'd REALLY like for Vamos is a shorter extension tube, so that the middle size batteries could be used -- I use those in my Sigelei and it's a nice size, and 1100 mAh beats heck out of 700/800.

If you want some *actual* AW batteries, I know that desertvapes.com and sweet-vapes.com are both on the 'authorized seller' list. desertvapes.com has a slightly better price.

Andria

5. edyle

my vamo, sigelei zmax, and my chiyou all use m21x1 threading;; so between the 3 of them I could put anysize battery on my vamo (ok I have not actually tested that because I don't have a bunch of different sized batteries); anyway there's also the kick tube on the chi you; I actually ordered 5 of them because of this; with 5 kick tubes (they are really just short stackable m21x1 tubes) I could adjust for any size I want. The spring in the bottom cap will make up for any 5mm offset.

6. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    So you can buy the chi you extension tubes separately? I might try that, when I get a stainless Vamo -- I have a v6 in mind. My current Vamo, a V2, is 'gun metal" (black chrome) so it would look funny on that. :D

Thx!
    Andria

7. edyle

Chi you kick tube:
    [​IMG]

$2.31
    or
    5+ for $1.99 each
    at fasttech

will work on an m21x1 mod

Oh; gun metal heh; well you can add some snazzy GOLD to that!
    [​IMG]

8. Monotremata

Monotremata Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Covina, CA
    Go for the 7! Varitubes already got em! They're $34.95 til the end of the daily special then they go up $5. Sweet-vapes should have em 'early December' for a couple bucks more..

9. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    There should be no performance difference on any 15W Vamo in 18350 mode or 18650 mode other than battery life. :2c:

10. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Hmm, that gold WOULD look great with gunmetal. Think just one of those would be enough, to use with a flat-top 18490?

The top one actually looks more chrome than stainless -- maybe it would look better with a chrome vamo, than a stainless? I was just thinking the stainless would look better with a kayfun. But chrome would look better with the Smok UDCT tanks I like. I use the gun-metal UDCT with my current Vamo, it looks terrific, also with a gun-metal driptip, the large Ming.

Andria

11. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Really don't need that much power; I've never yet gone past 11.5w, so even the 20w is overkill. Mainly I like the customizable button-press time, is the only reason I wouldn't just get another v2 -- I really prefer the v2's absolutely flat top, than the slight bevel, but for the ability to set the button-press time to suit myself, I'd put up with the bevel.

Andria

12. edyle

The kick ring adds 14mm length.
    1 regular vamo tube adds 31 to 32mm length.

2 vamo tubes total 62mm.
    To use a 49mm you want 65-49=16mm less = 46mm
    31+14=45 close enough
    yep!! One vamo tube + the kick tube will be perfect for an 18490 to use on the vamo.

and yes those kick tubes on ft are brass; one with chrome and one with gold color.

13. edyle

The same kick tube can thread on the top instead of the bevel-top; my bevel-top is measuring.. 13 to 14mm, so just .... oh, almost the same size;; the kick tube is actually more like 19 to 20 mm total because of the male side threads

14. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    So the later edition Vamos also have a removable top ring? Hot damn! :D The one on the V2 is fixed. Which doesn't bother me, since I like the flat top, but it's nice to know that later versions have that feature. :) :thumb:

So now I just have to decide which to get first, the mech I'm considering, or the Vamo v6. Decisions, decisions... :ohmy:

Thx!
    Andria

15. edyle

oh; you have one of *those* old things! My sigelei zmax is like that; fixed top thingy - which is pointless; I guess they later figured out what the function really is afterwards ('beauty ring' for 510 threaded tanks) and got it right in later versions.

16. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Yeah, I guess; as I said, doesn't bother me, since I have a 510 tank on it anyway, and I like the flat top, but it did surprise me a little when I first got it. If I still used clearos, I could get a mini PT II down into it, but the T3S is too wide -- good thing I've retired them. :D

Andria

17. edyle

Do some of your 510 threaded tanks end up with a gap between the top of the mod and the bottom of the tank?
    Thats what the beauty ring / removeable top is for; not really to remove the top but just to unscrew it upward to meet the bottom of the tank snugly

18. edyle

gap
    before and after
    IMG_20141203_143048.jpg IMG_20141203_143223.jpg

19. I just sold my vammo v5 bec I only use my mech mod. the v5 has a max limit of 15w 5 amp output. I had an aw 18350 and aw18650 . also an lg he2 18650 which is what I use in my mech. the lg is by far my best. but I could not tell the difference in them when using the vammo. as they both were capable of producing well more then the vammo's max output power. . it should deffinately not feel week. Because at 15watts it was far to much for my protank2 atomizers. but seemed good for my nautilus aspire with bvc . however some people say the bvc is ideal at 18-20 watts. which is beyond the vammos capabilities. the juice pg/vg ratio also plays a part in the flavor. some are juice to thick for the protank and nautilus when high in vg. this is my opinion from my personnel experience.

20. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    No, I could probably get a piece of paper into the gap, but that's all...

[​IMG]

Andria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.