Status
Not open for further replies.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I've had my V5 Vamo about a month now.

Other than a different display, a removable top with eGo access, and slightly different menu, no real change on the Vamo since version 2.

Just like the older versions of the Vamao, if you torque down on your delivery system you will end up shorting it out because they still use a cheap insulator between the center pin and the body of the 510 connection.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
I've had my V5 Vamo about a month now.

Other than a different display, a removable top with eGo access, and slightly different menu, no real change on the Vamo since version 2.

Just like the older versions of the Vamao, if you torque down on your delivery system you will end up shorting it out because they still use a cheap insulator between the center pin and the body of the 510 connection.

I'm sorry but what do you mean torque down ? I have a v2 and a 5 coming today but my v2 misfires very 3rd or 4th press and at times shuts off..I'm hoping the 5 lasts longer.. ....also does the new display plastic piece wiggle out after 3 mths like the 2?

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
You may not have as long a wait as you think. I ordered my V5 on 10/15, got it today. Been trying to get comfortable with it all day, it's a bit different than my SVD.

good to know!!!

so how do you like the v5 in hand? what finish did you get? how is the quality of finish?:toast:

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I got the Stainless. Not as nice as the SVD. For some reason I can't keep my finger from hitting the - or + button. I spend a lot of time in front of the computer with a mod in my hands. I almost fried my Protank head when I had it set to volts and before I knew it, I was @ 6 Volts. I changed to watts. I don't like that you can't lock the power settings. It's a back up mod for my back up. For the money, it's a good mod and I hope that I will like it more as I use it.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I started out with 18350 batt and didn't like the feel, changed to 18650 and like that better. Tried pro tank II but settled on the iclear30 as topper. I am looking for a better fit as neither of those fit snuggly. 1st thing I did was lub the threads lightly with Noalox. I did a lot of reading beforehand and that was recommended

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
image.jpg

So I got mine yesterday and I tell ya the thing hits hard...I got it with to free glassos to test and I love it...vamo kicks my mvp2 and svd's .......it just hits hard I miss it (have a old beaten v2 I stopped using cause misfires) how do u check if I'm on rms mode now..same as b4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread