Vamo Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Hey all, so I ordered a Vamo V7 from Alibaba $21.

I was wondering what other peoples exp has been like with this version. I hear about a lot of buttons dying and other things on other versions dying out or falling apart. Are the Vamo issues mostly fixed on the V7 or do they all have a short life span, in terms of this or that ceasing to function?

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I'm confused by the title -- is the vamo raping things, or is the vamo the victim?

Regardless, there was some good stuff added in the V6+ like a floating 510. But it's still a pretty cheap mod, where some people will have no issues for 2 years and another will have it roll off the table and break into 3 pieces. It is what it is -- but not something I'd count on for my only mod or would run around with or expect to be very durable in any way. On the other hand, it's $26.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
owned 2 V3's both died from being dropped from less than 3 feet off the floor ( 1 out of my jacket pocket as I leaned over and the other off of the coffie table...)

had both for less than 4 months, I got an SVD and its still going strong after more than a year and it has taken many falls, knock overs... etc.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Gunmin!

I have a V6, but I've been pretty fortunate with it. On rare occasions does it seem to be fiddly with the resistance reading and overdrive the coil I'm currently running. However, I love it. I tend to use it more at home (and because I'm using predominately glass tanks, I try to be REALLY careful when I set it somewhere so there's less chance of it falling....)

Valroize

Dec 26, 2014
Taiwan
Welcome Gunmin!

I have a V6, but I've been pretty fortunate with it. On rare occasions does it seem to be fiddly with the resistance reading and overdrive the coil I'm currently running. However, I love it. I tend to use it more at home (and because I'm using predominately glass tanks, I try to be REALLY careful when I set it somewhere so there's less chance of it falling....)

My friend, A Lanyard is your friend my friend. LOLZ!

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
I'm confused by the title -- is the vamo raping things, or is the vamo the victim?
lmfao :)

Regardless, there was some good stuff added in the V6+ like a floating 510. But it's still a pretty cheap mod, where some people will have no issues for 2 years and another will have it roll off the table and break into 3 pieces. It is what it is -- but not something I'd count on for my only mod or would run around with or expect to be very durable in any way. On the other hand, it's $26.

Hey DrunkenBatman,

That sux to hear, but I can't say it's news to me. I've heard that about many of the vamos of all versions. I'm on a super strict budget. The misses is watching me. My little story goes like this. I had a Vision Spinner 2 (lasted about 2 months then battery died) so I spent nearly $50 on batteries, chargers and a Vamo v7 as my only replacement + 15 on a Fogger v4. Blowing another $30 before the first Vamo even gets to me, I think would raise flags for us both that vaping is costing way more than its saving (at least in the short run.) That plus $40-80 spent on e-juice in the last 3 months. (moving into DIY real soon ... well a few weeks after the vamo arrives)

I have to keep my V7 in great condition and never let it fall or roll off anything and make sure it survives for more than a few months. :vapor:

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Need info on V7 not a comparison on other models :p

I was under the impression that "Vamo" was a generic style of mod, so the quality all depended on which company manufactured it?

Otherwise how is there a V7 listed on one site that is 30W, and one on another site that is 40W and another site that said the V7 isn't even out yet?

That's the thing... saying a Vamo V7 is like saying 1100mah eGo. Same product, a million different companies making them all at different levels of quality.

Where did you buy it? Site, company, manufacturer? That will allow you to get more accurate answers.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
That's the thing... saying a Vamo V7 is like saying 1100mah eGo. Same product, a million different companies making them all at different levels of quality.

Where did you buy it? Site, company, manufacturer? That will allow you to get more accurate answers.

I got mine from E-Cigarette Supermarket (Good Will's store) on Alibaba aboot $21.71. China.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Get a 510 to 510 adapter - extender and your VAMO will out live you. Just screw it on and leave there - FT sells them for under $2.00.
    510ThreadedAdapter2__24216.1405377157.1280.1280.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread