Vamo vs Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdix33

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
I bought a Vama and I'm very pleased with it. A lot of people love the Provari, but it's like 3x the price of my Vamo. You already stated that you don't want to spend that kind of money and I don't blame you. Vamo would be my recommendation.

But if you do choose a Vamo, you should know that the center washer is very susceptible to breaking, especially if you're using an adapter. So factor into your consideration that you will possible have to replace that washer after some time. From what I hear, it's a quick do-it-yourself fix. Costs about $2 and ten or fifteen minutes of your time.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
I think the Vamo v2 is a heck of a buy ($40 bucks at many places).

Edit: Just looked at the v3 and can only conclude the designer has sustained a recent head injury...

Only had my Vamo for a couple of days, but I love it. Works great, is super simple and you can't be the price. If you're like me and don't know if you're going to be a lifetime vaper, I'd recommend it.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I swear, this whole forum has drank the Vamo Kool-Aid. You should really check out the Sigelei Zmax. To me, it is more solidly built, a bit smaller, and is telescopic, so it takes 18500 batteries too.

yea its not hard to like a cheap a** mod that works well and leaves lots of money left over for more gear lol

just my opinion but if your gonna buy a cheap Chinese mod might as well get the cheapest one that works well.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    You guys that dont like the looks of the V3,

Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and of course, to each thier own. I own a V3, so, take that into account as well.

the pictures of the V3, do NOT do it justice. It looks silly. I was on the fence between the two versions, and eventually chose the V3 purely because I SERIOUSLY prefer the OLED screen. I think it looks so much cleaner. But, now that I have the V3 in person(In Stainless Steel.. I dont think the Chrome is that great looking.. but I do like the black chrome), Its really nice. The swirl work all comes together into one flowing design, and coupled with the stainless steel, there are NO fingerprints.

Right now its sitting in front of me with a stainless EVOD, and it looks great if you ask me.

For what you get for the money, it doesn't need to look great. However, it looks ten times better in person than it does in the photos.

All that said, Im already looking for a second mod should my V3 hit the dust, and Im strongly considering the Tesla. I love the looks, totally unique. I think the Black Chrome with a neon green panasonic battery would look beast. Ill probably grab an Ego twist or two to have for backups, but who says you can only use one mod and have the rest as backups? Itd be great to not have to keep switching EVODs/Tanks on the same mod.

Im thinking that if I had lined up in front of me, a Stainless Vamo, a Black Chrome Tesla, and a Blue Provari with green display.. Well that would be a sharp looking mod collection if you ask me :)

sailense

ECF Veteran
    Jun 20, 2013
    Pago Pago, AS, USA
    For those that may still be interested, I went with a Sigelei because Electronic Stix has them on sale right now for $75...TOTALLY LOVIN' IT!!

That's a good choice as well.

Personally, I'm with Jmanespresso, I didn't think I'd like the V3 but it looks really nice in person.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Personally, I'd go with a Provari. Tasteyourjuice.com did a review on both the Tesla and Vamo. Check them both out. He also did one on the Provari.

I think I'd be doing you an injustice if I didn't mention that if something happens to any of the above mentioned devices they are not really repairable. The Provari has a year warranty and you can purchase a second year. Even if it's out of warranty, Provape will repair it for a nominal cost. My Vamo is on it's last leg. My Provaris are perfect.

I'm sorry, but you seem to write well, so I'm surprised you can't read that well. The OP asked about a Tesla vs Vamo, nothing about a ProVari or anything else.

I love the ProVari, but its biggest flaw is its fans. Stop interjecting yourself where you aren't wanted, and start telling the truth. Consistency and build quality are the only things you are paying for for in a ProVari. No VW, not the widest range of voltages, limited threading, and limited battery configurations. It is near worth the price for its consistency though, but has no place in this thread

Mozzer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 20, 2013
    Rohnert Park CA, USA
    I'll chime in for the Vamo v2, as well. Excellent build quality - really quite solid. Versatile, with both VV and VW capability, along with various battery configurations. It's great for measuring resistance and battery voltage, all in a very easy to use interface. I also think the v2 looks fine. I have the gunmetal chrome version, and while it's no doubt more of a fingerprint magnet than the stainless model, it looks good even with fingerprints, and easy enough to wipe off. All in all excellent value.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread