Vamo v3 vs tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I'm trying to decide between these 2 mods, going to be buying 2 of one of the 2 of them in the next few days. So far the Vamo v3 is in the lead for me because of the 5 amp limit, where the Tesla has a 4 amp limit. I'm planning to try to use this with a RSST rba, so the extra amp of power is a pretty big bonus. Which one would you all pick, and why? I suppose we could also throw the tesla clone in the mix here too. Its cheaper than both, I wonder if it performs as well as the real tesla?

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I suppose we could also throw the tesla clone in the mix here too. Its cheaper than both, I wonder if it performs as well as the real tesla?

I wouldn't if I were you. It hasn't gotten rave reviews... I like my Tesla, but I'm not trying to push it at 5A. I got the Tesla specifically because I liked the look and the good reviews. I have no experience with the Vamo, so I can't really help you with a comparison there. The K200 I would avoid:

Review: The Kamry K200 - Vape Squad

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Go and read the Vamo specific sub forum to see what kind of problems owners are having. The reliability is questionable. I did a lot of reading about all of the popular mods and beside the Provari, the Tesla has a much better reliability status. 5 Amps is good, but not if you have to keep replacing the mod every few months. From what I've read there have only been a few people that have had problems with their Tesla's. The majority of those were fixed by making sure the end cap spring was in its proper groove. After that there were no more problems. The functions are the same as the Vamo, except for the 5 amp limit. The Tesla is also built stronger so it probably survive multiple drops. After all of my reading I decided to order mine this Friday. Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread