hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I hope not but that is probably what will happen. I figured I'd give them a chance to correct it before I trash them and never buy anything they make. Heck, even the merlin worked for a while before it started seeping. This one didn't even make it a day.

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    I hope not but that is probably what will happen. I figured I'd give them a chance to correct it before I trash them and never buy anything they make. Heck, even the merlin worked for a while before it started seeping. This one didn't even make it a day.
    LoL......I haven't bought yet....and I'm them all the chances I can give......hoping this mystery version 2 is for real.....or is it just a camouflaged version 1......or is the supposed version 2 worse off or similar in issues raised.......I should just jump in feet first...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If version one doesn't work after the new base then I'm not going to buy version 2. I have bought a lot of different tanks and none has seeped as bad and as fast as this one. It kind of gets me that none of the reviewers talked about this issue that I know of. It almost makes me want to go back to the original crown tanks. I have seven or eight in storage with rba's for them all. They were a bit of a pain to wick but always worked and never leaked.

Reactions: Tekaluku

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    Now that you mention it.....(crown) I do have the crown one...and it was so good, I got an RBA for it. Yes....building and wicking on it can be tricky.....punishes you with a bad leak if you get it wrong....when you do get it right ...it's a pure joy. Reason I stopd using mine was pure aesthetic looks......it's like a rocket on any or my mods....just too long....I prefer a shotter/wider base tank nowadays (exo,Amit dual etc)...but this bottom airflow system and badly built bases are really driving me nuts (exo,kylin etc) it's a gamble..
    If version one doesn't work after the new base then I'm not going to buy version 2. I have bought a lot of different tanks and none has seeped as bad and as fast as this one. It kind of gets me that none of the reviewers talked about this issue that I know of. It almost makes me want to go back to the original crown tanks. I have seven or eight in storage with rba's for them all. They were a bit of a pain to wick but always worked and never leaked.

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    I've actually had good luck with the single coil deck on the exo. The dual deck leaked like crazy.
    I never tried the dual deck build on my exo(when it was alive)....single coil build on the shorter 2ml tank...was the perfect setup for me....flavour...clouds...lovely........then.... conductivity problems...then bust..lol

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    I did at first. I believe I resolved the problem by using less wick but the main thing was making sure the wick arms are very neatly tucked and only laying on the flat part of the deck. Every has to be nicely tucked and away from the edges of the deck.

Absolutely no leaks anymore
    You have a version 1 or 2??

Herrick

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2016
    I did at first. I believe I resolved the problem by using less wick but the main thing was making sure the wick arms are very neatly tucked and only laying on the flat part of the deck. Every has to be nicely tucked and away from the edges of the deck.

Absolutely no leaks anymore

I have mine tucked into the juice wells. You have yours laying on the deck? Like the build deck?

Holoturia

Sep 27, 2015
    IMG_2012[1196].JPG
    IMG_2014[1198].JPG

Kylin completely disassembled, in case anyone is interested

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread