Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Just ran across VVs new MESH rda. First I've heard of using wire mesh as coil material, as opposed to wicking material.
MESH RDA1.png

Apparently they have their own line of Mesh wire Ka, Ni and SS.
MESH RDA.png

MESH RDA build.PNG

MESH RDA2.PNG

Anyone built a "coil" using Mesh wire?? I'd imagine flavor and vapor production to be intense... Maybe. Thoughts?

Full details here: Mesh RDA - VANDY VAPE

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I just saw this today too! Ceta makes a mesh rda. Bunch of reviews out on YouTube and stuff. People seemed to think it was a cool idea but it wasn't revolutionary or that different of a vape. Maybe this one will be different. I like that it can use could too.
Yeah, the fact that you have the option for coils is a plus. I'll have to check out the ceta rda and those you tube reviews of mesh heating elements...

Reactions: Heartsdelight

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
If we use mech wire,do we need to wick on this RDA?
I would say yes, since it doesn't look like rolled mesh that would be used for wicking. But what if we layered the mesh... and instead of an arc, like the picture shows, we create a "dip" or wave that gets the wire closer to the base....

Reactions: Verb

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I'll admit I haven't looked into it but now that I know Cthulhu is behind it, my interest just peaked a bit more...
Now this is more like it:
Ceto Mesh.PNG

@MMW Not your average squonk pin:eek:....
Ceto Mesh ST.PNG

A concern for me would be the thin mesh wire as it degrades from use and abuse. Thinking out loud, bits o'wire could eventually (the frayed edges especially) break off and be inhaled...
Ceto Mesh CU.png

Reactions: Verb

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Another downfall would be having to deal with Vandy Vape to get mesh. Their customer service sucks.

Why does it have to be sourced from Vandy Vape? SS mesh is available from many sellers.

I may have to try the Mesh RDA just because it's different.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
The few people I've heard talk about these say that there us too much cotton as mentioned.
And all of them said a dry hit with that much surface area will put you on your .....
I like the idea but just don't think it's there yet.
I could try to wick a 12 mm vertical coil now not using mesh and I imagine it producing massive clouds but drying fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread