Vandy Vape MESH RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I must have gotten beginners luck. I cut the mesh down a bit, came out to .22 ohms. Didn't pack the cotton in as tightly as suggested and saturated it real good, and I'm getting pretty decent hits over and over from the first saturation. Albeit I'm using it at only 50 watts with the SS319 mesh and some pretty strong tobacco blend. So far so good for me. If you have 30 bucks and change + shipping laying around, it's worth a try, quite the options for builds on this thing. I like the airflow and this my first Ultem dripper, so I must say I'm impressed.
tc it

couldnthinkaone

Oct 1, 2017
I just received my VV Mesh yesterday and am waiting on my cello-cotton wicking material to arrive. I found the wicking material on ebay, and the seller (twisted_straights) has a very good write-up on how to trim the material to make it work properly(for coils...). Looking to complete my new rig with the new IJOY CAPO Squonk box mod. It features 100W, 8ml bottle, Ni/Ti/SS TC modes and TCR, AND for only $50! Mod uses 20700 or 21700 batteries.

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I just received my VV Mesh yesterday and am waiting on my cello-cotton wicking material to arrive. I found the wicking material on ebay, and the seller (twisted_straights) has a very good write-up on how to trim the material to make it work properly(for coils...). Looking to complete my new rig with the new IJOY CAPO Squonk box mod. It features 100W, 8ml bottle, Ni/Ti/SS TC modes and TCR, AND for only $50, it comes with a 21700 battery to boot!
Grab a bag of organic, unbleached cotton balls at your local drug or grocery store while you wait...
Unravel one to make wick. amount of cotton depends on your coils inner diameter. Much greater for these mesh coils but tutorials are there for cotton wicking mesh coils, which may differ slightly (amount used) from cellucotton aka rayon

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

couldnthinkaone

Oct 1, 2017
You can also go to the local beauty supply place and get CelluCotton. I got a 500ft box of Graham Proffesional CelluCotton 44060 for $15.

Yeah, I know I can, and that is the plan if I keep the setup. The main reason I bought from the seller I did was to show my appreciation for his info on cellucotton and how to use it to it's fullest potential. His experience and expertise is worth the extra money spent, in my opinion...

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yeah, I know I can, and that is the plan if I keep the setup. The main reason I bought from the seller I did was to show my appreciation for his info on cellucotton and how to use it to it's fullest potential. His experience and expertise is worth the extra money spent, in my opinion...
Definitely agree with that. Everytime I go into my local vape shop I buy something to support them.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Well, I've had a mesh wick in here for about a month. I don't think the flavor is anything to write home about. Going to throw a dual clapton build in there. If I could go back I would have purchased their Pulse RDA cause of the deeper well. Hope you all are liking yours. If you're getting the flavor you desire, more power to ya :)

Edit: I had my wattage @ 50, the volts were something like 2.74, turned it up to 80w and I'm gettin some flava! This thing requires a bit of fidgeting to get to work the way you want it. Not going to be so quick to ditch the mesh just yet...

Last edited:
New to the whole Vaping world. Gave up smoking two months ago now, and have ruthlessly worked my way down the nic content ratings, next week, I try for zero!!!

I've been running a CeraVape Cerabis sitting atop a VooPoo Drag for most of that time now, but decided to give the VV Mesh RDA a shot. Have only had it two days, but am kinda liking it. Watched Vaping With Vic and Rip Trippers reviews (among others) before deciding to buy and several more times when trying to get the wicking to work.

Started out trying the NI mesh in TC mode (410 @ 60W), but it had a funky taste, so I ripped that out and rewicked with the Kanthal in straight wattage (thinking I'll try the SS next in TC). Currently, it's sporting Kanthal mesh at .17 ohms, started at 50 watts, currently trying it at 70, using an almost 1/2" thick chunk Cotton Bacon as wicking. I've also put in the 510 adapter and the original long 510 drip tip that came on my Cerabis, just to give me some room between the hot top cap and my lips!!! I'm thinking my next purchase is going to be a long 810 drip tip.

The reason I'm posting is I am also having a good bit of spitback on the first drag or two after dripping, even if I let it sit for several minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try to minimize the spitback?

Ok, it's been a little while, and here's my discoveries about the VV Mesh (keep in mind, still a noob here):
  • Wicking this heifer is Absolutely Critical.
    • Too much ends up singeing the cotton and having to replace it every single day.
    • too little and you end up in dry hit hell.
    • Use 3/4 of a Muji pad, for me, it's the only way to go... done that once, and this is now day 5 on the same wick.
  • When running kanthal mesh, best results for fruity 70/30 juices were at 58W.
  • on SS mesh: fruity 70/30 juices running TC at 50W/430F
  • Controlling spitback:
    • Wicking Properly!!!!!!! Watch Vaping with Vic's youtube episode on this baby will help immensely.
    • don't be an idiot and drop a ton of juice at a time, just watch the mesh, when it looks dry, give it a couple of drops till it looks just slightly wet after soaking up the juice.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ok, it's been a little while, and here's my discoveries about the VV Mesh (keep in mind, still a noob here):
  • Wicking this heifer is Absolutely Critical.
    • Too much ends up singeing the cotton and having to replace it every single day.
    • too little and you end up in dry hit hell.
    • Use 3/4 of a Muji pad, for me, it's the only way to go... done that once, and this is now day 5 on the same wick.
  • When running kanthal mesh, best results for fruity 70/30 juices were at 58W.
  • on SS mesh: fruity 70/30 juices running TC at 50W/430F
  • Controlling spitback:
    • Wicking Properly!!!!!!! Watch Vaping with Vic's youtube episode on this baby will help immensely.
    • don't be an idiot and drop a ton of juice at a time, just watch the mesh, when it looks dry, give it a couple of drops till it looks just slightly wet after soaking up the juice.
Nice tips! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread