ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive actually found the Revolver to be very easy to wick, not finicky at all.
Its actually one of my favourite rta's at the moment because it is so easy to wick.
I dont have any special tips to offer because it doesnt seem to matter too much how I wick it, it seems to work okay.
The only problem I have had, twice now, is that it has leaked while sitting in a warm car(its a hot summer here)
Just took the tank apart to look at the deck and while doing so remembered that when I first got it I ran the wick too long and it hit the bottom of the well, this resulted in a few dry hits. Since then Ive cut the wicks to just sit inside the wells without sticking down past the deck. 3mm id seems to work better on this deck for me than anything smaller. I havnt had to fuss with thinning and combing or cutting the wick in anyway too special.
If I extend the wick down like in this picture I do get dry hits. Cutting it to the thread line seems to fix it.
I dont know if any of that helps.
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Revolver-RTA-Wicking3.jpg

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
after reading the first page, i am extremely worried. i just ordered a vv revolver on christmas. i felt buyers remorse setting in as i read this thread. really hoping yours was a fluke, but that's doubtful. lol

edit: unrelated, but does anyone know hoe to get this broken image thing out of my signature? nothing shows,up in the edit page besides the sentence i typed.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
after reading the first page, i am extremely worried. i just ordered a vv revolver on christmas. i felt buyers remorse setting in as i read this thread. really hoping yours was a fluke, but that's doubtful. lol

edit: unrelated, but does anyone know hoe to get this broken image thing out of my signature? nothing shows,up in the edit page besides the sentence i typed.
It is a no problem tank . Easy to work on deck and generally no fuss to wick.
The air flow options work but once you find a setting you like you don't really need the other options.
Flavours are good and vapour production is good.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
I aint no expert but, try profile/ edit signature/delete or try putting in an amusing or semi amusing quip.

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
Just took the tank apart to look at the deck and while doing so remembered that when I first got it I ran the wick too long and it hit the bottom of the well, this resulted in a few dry hits. Since then Ive cut the wicks to just sit inside the wells without sticking down past the deck. 3mm id seems to work better on this deck for me than anything smaller. I havnt had to fuss with thinning and combing or cutting the wick in anyway too special.
If I extend the wick down like in this picture I do get dry hits. Cutting it to the thread line seems to fix it.
I dont know if any of that helps.
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Revolver-RTA-Wicking3.jpg
Thanks I will try that today, I ended up re-wicking it 6 times yesterday.

It either flooded or dry hit hell.

Partner was annoyed that I spent so much time with the damned thing

What vg/pg ratio do you use also?

I’ve noticed air bubbles coming from the air channel screw adjuster, and wondered if that could be one flooding issue area?

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
after reading the first page, i am extremely worried. i just ordered a vv revolver on christmas. i felt buyers remorse setting in as i read this thread. really hoping yours was a fluke, but that's doubtful. lol.

Trust me, if something can fail, it will do it with me.
Yours will probably be fine, especially if it’s just my wicking.

In the past 2 weeks, I had my motorbike jacket and winter jacket fail on me (zippers fell apart and it’s -15’C here right now), MacBook Pro battery and hardrive epically fail, my old OBS engine 2 ( whole inner chimney fell apart into 3 pieces for no reason), found out that the presents my family sent for us have been destroyed by customs as they were ‘suspicious ‘.

So I’m kind of used to .... not really going my way, but it makes me very determined to get this tank to work for me

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Thanks I will try that today, I ended up re-wicking it 6 times yesterday.

It either flooded or dry hit hell.

Partner was annoyed that I spent so much time with the damned thing

What vg/pg ratio do you use also?

I’ve noticed air bubbles coming from the air channel screw adjuster, and wondered if that could be one flooding issue area?
I just spent a bit of time vaping and trying to see if I could get bubbles around the air channel screw adjuster but couldn't. Maybe there's something going on with yours, maybe not.
I mainly use vg and 11% distilled water, not sure what ratio relates to with pg/vg....40/60 perhaps. I also use 100%vg juice with no real problem.

Edit: Hey Ben, I didnt see your above post before I posted this one. Congrats. Hope it hangs in there for you. The revolver is a really good vape when all is right.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
View media item 431633View media item 431635View media item 431637View media item 431639View media item 431641View media item 431643View media item 431645
Success!

Thank you so much everyone for your help.

It now wicks and hasn’t leaked yet.

Ran it up to 60w with no dry hits.

I also when filling it, closed the air vents first, then filled it, then placed the cap and inverted the whole tank before screwing it down.
Good stuff!:thumbs:

None of your links are working btw

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Trust me, if something can fail, it will do it with me.
Yours will probably be fine, especially if it’s just my wicking.

In the past 2 weeks, I had my motorbike jacket and winter jacket fail on me (zippers fell apart and it’s -15’C here right now), MacBook Pro battery and hardrive epically fail, my old OBS engine 2 ( whole inner chimney fell apart into 3 pieces for no reason), found out that the presents my family sent for us have been destroyed by customs as they were ‘suspicious ‘.

So I’m kind of used to .... not really going my way, but it makes me very determined to get this tank to work for me

oddly enough, i know exactly what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread