Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Got 2 more Icons to go with my stainless one... [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji16]
e3d1d9d3495f3cb9ff9fc1a6f41bf37e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have the GeekVape dual18650 squonk coming(I wanted to grab the drone but money has been super tight) I got it for $40 shipped. I cant wait to throw the icon on top of it though as everyone has been telling me it squonks amazingly
I guess you got it unstuck?

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I guess you got it unstuck?
No ....i had to order another one it was $22 so i said .... it. Unfortunately the gold plating is starting to come off about half of the Vandy vape products that i have with gold decks is anyone else experiencing this. It's happening in the Perseus,my icon and my kylin 8(

Sad news i still can't get the damn black icon off of my SOI Shorty i have tried freezing it using grip tools everything i am so ...... i cant even look at it lol

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
No ....i had to order another one it was $22 so i said .... it. Unfortunately the gold plating is starting to come off about half of the Vandy vape products that i have with gold decks is anyone else experiencing this. It's happening in the Perseus,my icon and my kylin 8(

Sad news i still can't get the damn black icon off of my SOI Shorty i have tried freezing it using grip tools everything i am so ...... i cant even look at it lol
Haven't had any issues with the gold on mine. Just to ask are you using acidic juices or something?
Only issue I have had is having to tighten the negative screw on the bottom due to post wobble. But only a couple times.
Wild that yours is that stuck, was your build so hot they fused lol.

Rebelfan6976

Jan 24, 2016
Are you guys really serious about the icon RDA. I've had since it came out. I absolutely do not like it at all. Flavor to me is poor at best. The airflow all the way open way too much to get any flavor out of it. I have 7 wrap dual fused aliens in mine and flavor is so blah. I have tried about 7 different builds in it since I've had it and haven't cared for any. Mine does not get the heat you are speaking about. For me I rather spend $50.00 on an RDA that is awesome then 25 on something meh. To me this RDA Does not compare to my Goon, Druga, Pulse, Petri, or imo Best RDA my Recoil.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Are you guys really serious about the icon RDA. I've had since it came out. I absolutely do not like it at all. Flavor to me is poor at best. The airflow all the way open way too much to get any flavor out of it. I have 7 wrap dual fused aliens in mine and flavor is so blah. I have tried about 7 different builds in it since I've had it and haven't cared for any. Mine does not get the heat you are speaking about. For me I rather spend $50.00 on an RDA that is awesome then 25 on something meh. To me this RDA Does not compare to my Goon, Druga, Pulse, Petri, or imo Best RDA my Recoil.
Wow... The chamber is shorter and a bit more condensed on the icon compared to the druga and Goon and the to me has better flavor (not by a huge margin but noticable) also the airflow is more restricted on the Icon then the Druga imo and comparable at least in volume to the Goon. I love the Icon but i also love the atomizers you mentioned and feel in some ways they share very similar vape qualities which makes me a but suprised you would love those atomizers but hate the Icon.

We all have different tastes so there's that but im thinking there is something else causing your issue maybe your build (however you mentioned trying multiple builds) so i am stumped

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Can you post a pic of your current build? As mentioned I'm having a hard time imagining your issue.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Yes I really like my Icon. I use it everyday. I have a Goon and it sits on the shelf. The Goon is horrible. The airflow on the Goon is too restrctive but the build deck is nice. The build deck on the Icon is easy to build on and the airflow is perfect. The flavor from the Icon is sooo much better than the Goon. Yes I would say the Icon is a Goon killer. I obviously don't have any problems with the Icon. I must say I like my Elite Gen 2 the best. My Mason Gemini is a close 2nd but I can't find a bf pin for it yet.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017

Yes. My Icon performs just fine, my go-to build is simple 26ga Ni80 a/f closed halfway the way I like it, and the flavor is just up there, not the "ZOMG FLAVORZ" kind, but it's good.
though I do agree with you Recoil is much better, my best performing RDA to date.

Beemerlvr

Jul 9, 2017
I love my icon!! Got it in a box from a website called vape-box.com. Easy to build on, I get great flavor just like my Goon V1.5. I've thrown some Staple aliens, Staggered fused claptons, and fused claptons all 5-6 wraps and 3mm. Never had a heat problem either using a Goon style driptip from Half Moon Mods. All in all I haven't had a problem other than being a dummy and drip to much sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread