Vanilla with a magnetic switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
I just purchased a copper Vanilla mod made by smok-E Mountain today and I already want to mod it even before it gets here (wouldn't you be excited too?) Anyway I'm curious if there's any easy way to do this like you can a Nemesis. Or better yet, can I just use the magnets that you can buy from Atmomixani? If I can't just do that, then how would I go about doing it with supplies from a hardware store? Any input would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Nice looking mod, but all I see is the exterior. Could one of you perhaps take a pic with the switch disassembled in an expanded vote to show a good way of changing to magnets?

Edit: just watched a German video on it that shows the switch assembly whole, and the guy said he had it apart to see if magnets would work and claimed it wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind helping to disprove that- if there is a spring then there is a chance lol.
Sent from my 4.4'd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I used these SuperMagnetMan in my copper vanilla mod. They are stronger than the spring that comes in it so if you want a similar feel I would find N40 in the same size. As far as installing them, it is super easy. Just take the switch apart and install 2 magnets opposing each other in place of the spring and reassemble.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Here is a pics with magnets installed.

photo 3.jpg

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
I used these SuperMagnetMan in my copper vanilla mod. They are stronger than the spring that comes in it so if you want a similar feel I would find N40 in the same size. As far as installing them, it is super easy. Just take the switch apart and install 2 magnets opposing each other in place of the spring and reassemble.

Found them in N35 that seem to be a perfect fit. I'm just bummed that you can only buy them in sets of 10 from there.

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction ambientech. Went with a 10 pack of n35 and IMO if anything they're a bit stiffer than the stock spring but I like the feel a lot better. Feels like I'm pushing on a cloud now. Also fixed a problem I was having with the spring. I think I had a hard short in the spring because it was oxidized in a spot and it also wasn't firing consistently. The magnets fixed that right up and I'll never see that problem again.

Now that I have these spare magnets, I guess I should use them for the mod project I'm working on.

gwbruce

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2012
Oklahoma, USA
I looked on Super Magnet Man site but didn't find the N35 ones. Did I miss something?

My wife has a Vanilla and it is her favorite mod, but the switch keeps getting hot and the spring has turned blue from the heat. So I figure it is the spring. We have magnets in our Nemi's so if we can get the right ones we will put them in her Vanilla also.

She really likes the soft switch so anyone that could help get me to the softer magnets would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I too just ordered a copper Vanilla...very excited!!

I would love to put a magnetic switch in mine as well....so do I need to order TWO of these N35's? Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

Just ordered 10 of the N35's.....I'll let you all know how they work when I receive them!! thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread