Status
Not open for further replies.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
got my magnets yesterday. works perfectly. so well that i pulled the switch apart on my shotgun mod and checked to see if they would fit. the outside diameter was larger on the originals but the ID was perfect. put one on the button side and now i have a feather touch recessed button on that mod as well.

you just can't beat the info sharing on the ECF! any one considering upgrading should bookmark SuperMagnetMan Ring Magnet

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Just got my SMM magnets and did the upgrade to my new Copper Vanilla.....worked PERFECTLY...thanks to all you guys for the info!! :)

I usually don't do this - but I'm so, very interested in upgrading my vanilla switch. I have an olllld vanilla of the original SS batch #233 of the first ones made, so my design on my mod is different as well.

however my parts on my switch look to be the same, I'm just very confused on how to put in the N35 magnet before I buy it... I assume I'm taking out the spring, and putting in the magnet...

Do I need to do anything else, or it should just fit?

If it doesn't fit no biggy, i'll go back to a spring, but the only thing I don't like about my vanilla mod in it's current state is the switch, and that's because it's old now, and it has had thousands of hours being used sub-ohming.

Anyone have any pictures of before and afters? with the spring and without, with the new magnet installed?

Thanks for any help you guys/gals can provide

AnonymousUserName

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida
Magnets ordered, now i wait impatiently.

It worked for me and they were pretty cheap. Tempted to do this mod to every spring switch I own

Sent from space using science

I usually don't do this - but I'm so, very interested in upgrading my vanilla switch. I have an olllld vanilla of the original SS batch #233 of the first ones made, so my design on my mod is different as well.

however my parts on my switch look to be the same, I'm just very confused on how to put in the N35 magnet before I buy it... I assume I'm taking out the spring, and putting in the magnet...

Do I need to do anything else, or it should just fit?

If it doesn't fit no biggy, i'll go back to a spring, but the only thing I don't like about my vanilla mod in it's current state is the switch, and that's because it's old now, and it has had thousands of hours being used sub-ohming.

Anyone have any pictures of before and afters? with the spring and without, with the new magnet installed?

Thanks for any help you guys/gals can provide

Just got my SMM magnets and did the upgrade to my new Copper Vanilla.....worked PERFECTLY...thanks to all you guys for the info!! :)

If anyone has some extra magnets from their 10 piece minimum order let me know, I'll be more than happy to buy a pair.

I just swapped out the crappy spring with n35s I got from supermagnetman and the button feels way better. I wanted a little more resistance in my button so I put 3 magnets instead of 2 and it works like a charm. And I have left over magnets for anyone who is looking for some. Just shoot me a pm.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

hectomaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
Somerset, Kentucky
If anyone has some extra magnets from their 10 piece minimum order let me know, I'll be more than happy to buy a pair.

I just ordered a set of 10 after finding this thread yesterday. PM me your info, I'll mail you 2 when they come in. I should have them tomorrow.

JoeMySwords

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Upstate NY/ Midstate FL
I just ordered a set of 10 after finding this thread yesterday. PM me your info, I'll mail you 2 when they come in. I should have them tomorrow.

Hey, do you still have any spare magnets? If so, I have a Vanilla coming in within the next couple days, any chance you could maybe pass a couple my way? :D shoot, I'll pay you for two or three of em if you want.

JoeMySwords

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Upstate NY/ Midstate FL
got my magnets yesterday. works perfectly. so well that i pulled the switch apart on my shotgun mod and checked to see if they would fit. the outside diameter was larger on the originals but the ID was perfect. put one on the button side and now i have a feather touch recessed button on that mod as well.

you just can't beat the info sharing on the ECF! any one considering upgrading should bookmark SuperMagnetMan Ring Magnet

I just swapped out the crappy spring with n35s I got from supermagnetman and the button feels way better. I wanted a little more resistance in my button so I put 3 magnets instead of 2 and it works like a charm. And I have left over magnets for anyone who is looking for some. Just shoot me a pm.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Either of you guys have any extra magnets left over you can shoot my way? I'll pay you for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread