Vanilla with a magnetic switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
I looked on Super Magnet Man site but didn't find the N35 ones. Did I miss something?

My wife has a Vanilla and it is her favorite mod, but the switch keeps getting hot and the spring has turned blue from the heat. So I figure it is the spring. We have magnets in our Nemi's so if we can get the right ones we will put them in her Vanilla also.

She really likes the soft switch so anyone that could help get me to the softer magnets would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Super Magnet Man Ring Magnet

OK I Edited this post as I received my magnets and they were real thick, and not the ones I ordered. I send them an email with my contact information and within minutes I got a phone call. The lady checked my claim and without much jadi jada, I will get a set of brand new magnets. Their customer support is huge, and very fast.

Could someone get my a helping hand... as I had different ones before... and now I cannot see these to fit....

One word of advise, when you order make sure you make a reference to the link to the product and I mean not only the part # but also that you are going to use it for a Vanilla mod that will light up a bulb... I hope that helps everyone here.

Last edited:

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
I got mine from the 'Man and they work perfectly in both my non-clone Vanillas. None of the magnets were that thick....more like half that thickness.

Yeah, I know and after being on the phone with a very nice lady over at Mans, everything was a shipping mistake, will get the correct magnets overnight

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
Hey Guys,

Confirmed, this link guide you to the Vanilla magnets

Super Magnet Man Ring Magnet

N35 confirmed they work

Thanks for the link! Ordered the min yday.

I just swapped out the crappy spring with n35s I got from supermagnetman and the button feels way better. I wanted a little more resistance in my button so I put 3 magnets instead of 2 and it works like a charm. And I have left over magnets for anyone who is looking for some. Just shoot me a pm.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

It's all preference, but I like a switch with a more resistant throw. Has anyone else attempted 3 magnets instead of the 2?

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
Just got my magnets in today and the resistance is nice! However I'm having some difficulty figuring out the sweet spot of how far out I need to unscrew the copper contact so I makes contact with the negative terminal of the battery. Any suggestions? I screwed the company tact all the way down and the vanilla didn't fire. Screw it our to far and the button recesses out too far causing it to fire when placed on a flat surface

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
Just got my magnets in today and the resistance is nice! However I'm having some difficulty figuring out the sweet spot of how far out I need to unscrew the copper contact so I makes contact with the negative terminal of the battery. Any suggestions? I screwed the company tact all the way down and the vanilla didn't fire. Screw it our to far and the button recesses out too far causing it to fire when placed on a flat surface

You unscrew the MOD screw to press against the battery not the switch button.

I have my screw on the switch all the way in and the Screw of the MOD so that I have sweet contact and no rattle

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
You unscrew the MOD screw to press against the battery not the switch button.

I have my screw on the switch all the way in and the Screw of the MOD so that I have sweet contact and no rattle
I'm think I know what you mean, but not 100 positive. Do you mind posting a pic to clarify please? [emoji1]

Sent from my using my

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
silly question but can someone tell me which sites are good places to buy the authentic vanilla mod?
I've found this placed sells authentic as well as some replacement parts. Authorized reseller. Not too sure if this is competitively priced though. You can check on Smok-E Mountain's Facebook page to see which are authorized resellers.

http://www.mojovapor.com/Mods

Sent from my using my

jayx

Jan 19, 2015
MA
the SS vanilla is only $99 there! That's $25 cheaper than one of the sites ive looked at. Is there a big difference between the copper tubing and the SS other than voltage drop, i havne't done enough research in that area yet

EDIT:seems like they do have the glazed copper, not sure if this is just copper on top or what though

Last edited:

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
the SS vanilla is only $99 there! That's $25 cheaper than one of the sites ive looked at. Is there a big difference between the copper tubing and the SS other than voltage drop, i havne't done enough research in that area yet

EDIT:seems like they do have the glazed copper, not sure if this is just copper on top or what though
There's the whole patina factor with brass and copper. I have the brass one myself and I enjoy it. Have to clean it more often than my friend with the ss one because it's more visible. Also, I believe brass is a softer metal so my locking ring has been prone to locking up but I've kept an ever vigilant eye on it since the last time. Comes down to aesthetics and personal preference.

Sent from my using my

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread