Status
Not open for further replies.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Why did my fraternity decide to be a dry house right after I was initiated... I remember parties like that. We called it "Jungle juice"...because NO ONE knew what was in it. :D

Well it actually wasn't a vodka bath. You see, my fraternity used to make this punch at our parties. Everybody had to bring a clear alcohol and a red liquid (generally it was Hawaiian Punch) and we mixed them in a bathtub. Need I say more? ;-)

bulldogz

Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I'll come back and try to address the vaping stuff a little later if I get a nap & my brain starts working, but for now -dog stuff!
It's very likely that your younger one attacked your older Bully because she's in heat - Female dogs tend to become much more aggressive during their heat, and can attack another female they normally love because of it. Keep them separated until the younger one is out of heat, and then keep an eye on them for a bit, but things should go back to normal as long as your older bully doesn't become tentative or afraid of the younger one. If you're not planning on breeding the little rascal (haha), get her fixed before her next heat cycle - that will make having 2 females in the same house much easier, or always keep them separated if you don't have control over the situation during any future heats.

I've always had big dogs - the two we have now are the smallest I've ever personally owned - we have an 80lb scooby doo pup, a 30lb lhapso/bichon -he was a rescue by the woman who had the litter - his first home was abusive, so she took him back. I met both of his parents - each under 14lbs, but Leo was determined to be a big boy - he comes up to my knees and doesn't have more than an ounce or two of fat on him... he's my big overgrown teddy bear :) I apparently wasn't meant to have small dogs lol - my previous dogs were a dobie, a Great Dane, and an English Mastiff , and I fostered an american bully for a few months - she was a sweetheart! :)

lol cheeky...hope you got your nap! Still flummoxed about my vaping. :/

and you are right on about big dogs...and I wouldn't have another breed. Over 10 years and I had never had an issue. My older bully had a litter of 2, then a litter of 11 and I loveddddd it so I was really wanting to breed Izzy because she is gorgeous & her personality is perfect for a bully but now I am concerned because she nearly killed Dixie (over 400 stitches) and I really don't think she tried to, I think it started off as "playing" went too far & now Izzy "got the taste" and she liked it :(( She appears to be just spoiling for a fight...ugh...like "that was fun! I'm ready I'm ready let's do it again" and I believe having pups will make her MORE aggressive. So I am definitely considering having her fixed. I have kept them totally separated but it is so hard!! Separate feedings, outside time, & attention...grrrrrr.....

bulldogz

Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
@luvinit

I'm with ya on the hunt for the right carto/tank whatever combo...I think I read a post of your somewhere that you've not been able to get that "warm" vapor either except with the carto...did you ever find anything that comes close??? And I know very little about the ohms/resistance/voltage formula....I actually have a chart I got from somewhere but it doesn't tell me on there where the "warm" comes from.. I definitely know how to get the cool which I don't much care for but I can't figure it out so I deal until I can't then I fill a carto & go back to my V2 for a couple hours until my frustration wanes a bit then I start experimenting again. AND I do have a LR ego-T that is supposed to be "warm" but actually it is cooler than anything else I've tried. I think maybe it's just me :/

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Glen,,, those clearos look very interesting. Anxious to hear if you like them.. I'm always on the hunt for the next best clearo. I'm not diggin my vivi so much.. I've cleaned it, dry burned it, taken out that extra piece of wick and still by the third or fourth puff it's burnt tasting.. I haven't given up, just need to do some more reading on what everyone else is doing with them. I hate to think I have to completely rebuild the stupid thing,, if I pay for something I think it should work.

I'm kind of in the same boat with the Vivi right now. The 2.8ohm head seems to work good, but the other two started getting more and more of that rubber taste. I'm going to hold out until the new heads hit the stores and give them a try. As for the CE5+, I did some research and they're not manufactured by Vision, so I'm going to hold off a bit on those for some reviews as well. Not that I don't trust Eric at DV, but these are brand new and they could have some of the same issues as the first generation Vivi.

I got my new batteries and charger today. And guess what? The batteries are too long. They work just fine, but the screw on cap on the bottom of the LT won't go on all the way. I think I read somewhere that they make an extender? But do I really need that.. it's not like I take it out anywhere, just use it here at home. And question about the charger.. it's the XTAR Wp2 II and there's a little slide switch on the side of it.. 1.0a, 0.5a, and 0a. What is that supposed to be set on? Reading the directions that came with it is difficult at best. It's like reading the troubleshooting guides on my lab equipment.. Chinese, translated to German, translated to English... YIKES!! Really bad english and hard to decipher!

The 500ma and 1000ma (1 amp) settings is for charging batteries at different speeds. Most of the IMR and protected batteries recommeded on ECF will have no issues being charged at 1000ma or even 1500ma, but it's best to find out from the vendor or manufacturer what the recommended charging current might be. From what I've seen the 0ma setting is for the USB and it allows the installed batteries to power the USB port so you can power an external USB device from the charger.

Just a quickie drive by posting to show off my new baby REO mini - its TINY! Smaller than a business card even!!
a6f8481b-f9ab-47f7.jpg

That is schweet! Did you get that one off of the classifieds?

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
@luvinit

I'm with ya on the hunt for the right carto/tank whatever combo...I think I read a post of your somewhere that you've not been able to get that "warm" vapor either except with the carto...did you ever find anything that comes close??? And I know very little about the ohms/resistance/voltage formula....I actually have a chart I got from somewhere but it doesn't tell me on there where the "warm" comes from.. I definitely know how to get the cool which I don't much care for but I can't figure it out so I deal until I can't then I fill a carto & go back to my V2 for a couple hours until my frustration wanes a bit then I start experimenting again. AND I do have a LR ego-T that is supposed to be "warm" but actually it is cooler than anything else I've tried. I think maybe it's just me :/

Nope, it's not just you. I had an eGo-C setup with the LR atties for a while and my LR Stardust clearos give me a much warmer vape. The ohm's law formula doesn't always work as my Stardusts run at 2.1ohm and the LR eGo-C atties ran at 1.8ohms on the same batteries, and while the lower resistance is supposed to get more heat it didn't work that way. I think it's not just the wattage (derived from that formula), but the device itself and how close the coil is to the tip. With a DCT, you have 2 coils with one being close to the tip and low resistance, which will probably give you the best results.

bulldogz

Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
@BuGlen...how do you know what ohms they run at??? And LR Stardust clearos...is that the only name they go by? Are they the same as CE2s? or CE4s or turbo???? So many names but they all look so similar?? Like I have CE2s that look just like CE4s I have but the length of the wicks. And I have no idea if they are LR or not...actually the CE4s are std resistance whatever that is...so probably not but I do have a battery I can adjust voltage on if that would even matter:confused:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
@BuGlen...how do you know what ohms they run at??? And LR Stardust clearos...is that the only name they go by? Are they the same as CE2s? or CE4s or turbo???? So many names but they all look so similar?? Like I have CE2s that look just like CE4s I have but the length of the wicks. And I have no idea if they are LR or not...actually the CE4s are std resistance whatever that is...so probably not but I do have a battery I can adjust voltage on if that would even matter:confused:

I can only go by what the vendor has provided in the product information. When I got my eGo-C, I got a kit that had the LR atties (at 1.8ohms), and when I order my Stardust (CE4+) clearos they're listed as LR at 2.1 to 2.4 ohms. Lower resistances are better when you have a lower output battery, such as my Joyetech eGo batteries at 3.3v. If you have a VV, then standard resistances between 2.5 and 3.0 are probably better as you'll have more room to make minor adjustments. I've only tried one carto (eGo mega dual coil carto) and I wasn't fond of it, so I couldn't tell you if the Stardust clearos would compare to a better carto.

I was just making a general statement about resistance only being a part of the performance, where design and distance from the coil to the mouth is another factor. So far for me, the best flavor with plenty of warm vapor comes from direct dripping, and I don't even have one of the better atties for dripping yet.

outofbreath

Feb 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'd love to see pictures of your new tanks Luv! I like back ups for my backups, too - nothing wrong with making sure there's no chance we'll be unable to vape & potentially slip back into the icky stinkies habit!

Organization is good - would love pictures of everyone's goodie boxes! I'm pretty organized at this point, but all in separate boxes, containers or drawers in a few different places, which is okay, but I'd love to have everything in one or two easily portable containers!

I made it to the DMV today to pick up a temporary disabled parking permit - it was a surprisingly quick visit, so I thought I'd stop at WalMart to pick up a few groceries and look at some vape gear storage options. When I arrived, there were no handicap spots open, but I was able to park just a few spots down :) When I got into the store, there were no electric carts available. Stubborn dummy that I am, I decided to push a cart. It was a stupid choice on my part, my back really couldn't handle it, but I was smart enough to skip the storage option browsing and just get a few staples we were out of, like milk and bananas.

The interesting thing about the trip was that I kept noticing the people using the electric carts - Of the 6 electric carts I noticed, 5 were in use by people who were larger than the electric cart they were driving. I'm sure they felt they needed to or deserved to use the electric cart because they might have been winded or tired if they didn't use it, and they may have had co-morbid conditions that weren't visible to the casual observer, but I can't help but feel that they would have been better served by PUSHING a cart while walking behind it and leaving the electric carts for people who genuinely needed them. I'm not generally judgmental about weight, I've battled it all of my life, and I know how much of a struggle it can be, but today this irked me. A little bit of exercise probably wouldn't have killed them, and would likely have done them some good - on the other hand, I pushed a cart for about 30minutes - 6 hours of rest and two rounds of meds later, I can still barely move.

Wow, okay, just reread the above, and am ending my whiney rant now. I really just meant to say that after all that, I didn't make it to the post office, but I will try to get there tomorrow or Wednesday :)
One of my pet peeves as well. It also irritates the heck out of me when I see people in handicapped spaces that are obviously not having a bad day. They say it could be a hidden disability and I do understand, but unless I am having a very difficult day I don't use the spots, I am sure there is someone coming into the lot that really needs that spot. Lack of consideration, ignorance or just laziness. Whatever the reason I find it wrong.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
@BuGlen ...more ?s...lol

What is DCT?? hmmm dual coil tank?? (Just guessing) and is the the LR stardust a DCT? And if not what specifically do you order? lol...sorry the more educated I try to get the less I know....HA

Yes, the DCT is a dual coil tank, and no, the Stardust (CE4+) is not a DCT. If you want to try a Stardust, I recommend DiscoutVapers. Use the LR version for lower voltages (3.3 to 3.7) and the SR version for higher voltages.

LR Vision Stardust: Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition (LR)

SR Vision Stardust: Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition (also available in other colors)

I haven't tried a DCT yet, so others could probably point you in a good direction for something like that. I do have one coming for my wood mod, but it's not ready yet.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
OOB, I generally agree with you re the electric carts. Sometimes it's not obvious though. Mom's 68 and looks healthy; however she has COPD from 50 years of smoking. Most days she wouldn't be caught dead using a cart. Some days, however, she doesn't have a choice, no matter how much she hates it.
My shotgun shell box came in to day, and it once again proves that my sense of spatial recognition sucks! I'm the guy who, when putting away leftovers, invariably picks the storage container that won't hold them. The cartos fit, of course. But I was hoping that I could use to carry my little juice bottles with me when I head to Atlanta for a week to spend time with my family before I'm back to teach summer school. They do fit if you turn them upside down, which leads me to a question: do juice bottles leak when stored that way?
On an unrelated subject, I just put my Highbrow Tiramasu in my 1.7. Once again, a flavor i loved on my V2 carto is quite disappointing me. I'll load a Boge 2.0 and see if it's the same as the Orange Sangre. I finally get what people say about flavors being different on different devices, lol. What I'm getting from both of them is sort of a plasticky, bitter taste. I wonder if ordering it with extra flavor would help. Any advice?

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
@luvinit

Naw, it's not just you. Different cartos work differently on every device,, it's a lot of trial and error to find what works well for you. I have a few DCTs and use them on my lavatube with voltage cranked up to about 4.5. The stardusts I have don't work well on my KGO, so I use those on the lavatube too, but dial it down to 3.2. It's been recommended to me to use the standard rez stardusts on the KGO. The problem is, what I like, you might not. I have the best luck on my KGO, which is similar to your Ego, with the Boge 2.0 and the 1.7 single coil cartos. Clearos,,, still huntin for those.

BTW, any advice on how to pack my juices for my road trip?

I hesitate to mention this, cuz it seems to me you're of the male persuasion but when I travel for any length of time I pack my stuff in a makeup bag. Walmart has some nice plastic cases in the makeup section and some of them are even not very girly looking. And yes, those bottles of juice can leak so I always put them in a plastic baggie. Always save the baggies they come in, they're perfect for when you have to carry bottles around with you.

Thanks for the battery tips Glen.

I had one of those days today,, couldn't find a flavor that 'did it' for me. I must have switched cartos 6 or 7 times at work tonight.. blech! Nothing was tasting good. Couldn't wait to get home to White Peach ala Zoe. Guess I need to put some in a carto.. chocolate sin too. Reminds me,, need to place an order, I'm almost out of Zoe! (horrors!)

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
I hesitate to mention this, cuz it seems to me you're of the male persuasion but when I travel for any length of time I pack my stuff in a makeup bag. Walmart has some nice plastic cases in the makeup section and some of them are even not very girly looking. And yes, those bottles of juice can leak so I always put them in a plastic baggie. Always save the baggies they come in, they're perfect for when you have to carry bottles around with you.
(horrors!)

Luv, you're right, and as the male of the species, I wouldn't be caught dead with a makeup case. We call them toiletry kits, or dop kits for some reason, lol. And as far as baggies go, what baggies? My bottles from Highbrow and EcBlends came in bubble wrap. My juices from Mountain Oak and Halo came in tins (I ordered samplers). This however gave me an idea that actually works. I took the foam padding out of my Halo tin, and it should hold the bottles I take with me.

It's been an interesting morning so far. I got up, put on a pot of coffee and went to my PC to check e-mail. I went back to get my caffeine fix satisfied, only to find I had a pot of freshly brewed water! Yep, in my morning stupor, I didn't add any grounds. Arghhhh! Once I get my caffeine I'll be back, lol.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Okay, now that I've got my caffeine and nic fixes, I'm able to think rationally (at least as much as usual, lol). Now to plan my day, at least as far as vaping goes. I've got cartos all over, and I don't really remember what I put it what, so I'm planning on doing a carto cleaning day. What methods do y'all like? I've got a cleaning kit from Smoketek (syringe with a rubber tube attachment), but I've seen you talk about other things (like that vodka bath, Cheeky ;) ). Which do you prefer? If it's the vodka method, I've got to go out and buy some cheap vodka (I refuse to sacrifice my Sky or Absolut, which are safely stored in my freezer).
The other thing on my vaping list is shopping! (Yeah I know; it's always on everybody list, lol). I'm gonna order a couple of Stardusts (one SR and one LR) and a Ego adapter. And of course juices! Cheeky gave me some suggestions to try at Deej (though I'm still waiting on her to tell me the sale of the week; I don't see anything on their site concerning this). I"m also gonna order some more Dragon's Blood from Ecblends. Oh and some more Exotic tobacco blend, Orange Sangre and Cappucino Diablo from Highbrow (after I talk to him about my issues with LR vaping and flavor). Any other suggestions?

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Argh! I thought at least shopping for Stardusts would be simple! Get one of the new ones at LR and SR right? Wrong! Now I have to choose between short and long wicks! Any recommendations? BTW, GotVapes has the ones with the new tubes on sale for $5.95. The older ones for $4.95. Just so's you know.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Okay, now that I've got my caffeine and nic fixes, I'm able to think rationally (at least as much as usual, lol). Now to plan my day, at least as far as vaping goes. I've got cartos all over, and I don't really remember what I put it what, so I'm planning on doing a carto cleaning day. What methods do y'all like? I've got a cleaning kit from Smoketek (syringe with a rubber tube attachment), but I've seen you talk about other things (like that vodka bath, Cheeky ;) ). Which do you prefer? If it's the vodka method, I've got to go out and buy some cheap vodka (I refuse to sacrifice my Sky or Absolut, which are safely stored in my freezer).
The other thing on my vaping list is shopping! (Yeah I know; it's always on everybody list, lol). I'm gonna order a couple of Stardusts (one SR and one LR) and a Ego adapter. And of course juices! Cheeky gave me some suggestions to try at Deej (though I'm still waiting on her to tell me the sale of the week; I don't see anything on their site concerning this). I"m also gonna order some more Dragon's Blood from Ecblends. Oh and some more Exotic tobacco blend, Orange Sangre and Cappucino Diablo from Highbrow (after I talk to him about my issues with LR vaping and flavor). Any other suggestions?

I promise I'll try to go back and reply to everything I've missed over that last few days at some point today, but I think I need the hot water Reidus brewed for some caffinated tea! My brain misses getting a full nights sleep!

Cleaning: I use the syringe method for my cartos! I use hot (but not boiling) water...
1.) draw the water through the carto into the syring,
2.) push it back out with the carto still attached (straight into the sink, or a second bowl if I can't do much standing that day).
3.)Keep flushing them until the juices run clear (kind of like a properly cooked chicken lol),
4.) pop into some vodka, let sit 15min or so, then
5.) flush again with hot water. If I get more dark gunky water out of it, I'll keep flushing until the water runs clear & pop them back into the vodka for 10-15min
6.) repeat as needed until all water runs clear
7.) using the syringe, push & pull the plunger rapidly to expel as much water as possible from the carto
8.) allow to dry overnight (or longer), on papertowels or absorbent cloth of your choice - if you can find a way to keep them standing upright, all the better, but not necessary
I find that the above method is much better for my cartos than a long term vodka bath, as that caused a batch of cartos to go muzzy & gunky on me. Haven't tried it since lol
There are other people who swear by the boiling for 15min method - I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting, so I may try it with a small batch

Method for ATTIES this is where I use an alcohol bath! :)
1.) Pour drinkable vodka into a shallow or narrow dish/glass/receptacle of your choice.(it can be the cheap icky stuff you don't actually want to drink - some use rubbing alcohol, but... I'd rather use something I know is safe for me to drink lol)
2.) Add your atties to the vodka & allow to soak - 15-30minutes (or whenever you get back to it), for relatively fresh atties
3.) Blow it out (from connector end), attach to battery & dry burn. If you don't see glowing coils quickly, or you still have stink from a stubborn juice wafting in your face, repeat steps 1-3, allowing to soak longer if needed.
4.) If you are dry burning for more than one run, add a drop or two of VG or a VG/PG mix so you don't pop the coil
5.) Once your atty is clean (you see the glow, trust me, you'll know!), apply a few drops of VG or VG/PG mix before storing. You want your atties to be lightly primed (lubed), as they will keep better.

****If you have a particularly stubborn juice and don't want to give up on the atty, keep soaking in Vodka! I've soaked atties for DAYS in the vodka bath in order to get rid of the stubborn juice, with no ill effects on the atty :)
Some people do choose to use Everclear, and that may be a better bet for the most stubborn of juices, but cheap vodka seems to work very well!

Deej's sale of the week (sorry bout that! he thought Tuesday was Monday, so didn't post or send out until sometime yesterday lol): 50% off of Chocolate Almond Ecstasy, all sizes, limit 2 bottles
More suggestions for ECB:
Peach Watermelon Cantaloupe - refreshing, clean, light, lovely
Thin Mint Cookies - just like the girlscout cookie, saved me from the evil little girls who set up tables outside of EVERY grocery around here each year.
RY4 - double extra flavor, extra vanilla, extra caramel - this juice surprised me! A friend "forced" me to try it at the last vapemeet, and that was that, I was in love (he was lucky to get his LT & the tank filled with RY4 back lol). This is smooth, with very little "tobacco" flavor to it. Delicious - I'm most of the way through a 30ml and have a 50ml steeping.
Green Monster - another tobacco, another surprise! (I have disliked every tobacco I've tried with the exception of 3 from ECB) This has bright mint at the forefront with a touch of vanilla, and a very mellow, smooth tobacco in the background. It reminds me of unwrapping the cellophane and removing the foil top from a pack of menthols, bringing it up to my nose, and taking a big, deep sniff. Very clean, no ashtray or burning flavor. I'm most of the way through a 30ml of this and have have another 50ml steeping (just like the RY4!)
White Peach ala Zoe with Vanilla & Raspberry - yum
Dragons Tear (the strawberry version of Dragon's blood - they just came out with "dragon's dream" which is an orange cream version - it's on my list for my next order!)
Pear
Cherry Swirl (Iron Monkey's favorite, but it is the juice that destroyed a stardust, so use with caution)
Menthol - 100% VG - great palate cleanser and nice when you want a light, crisp vape

There are so many good juices to choose from at ECB that it's hard to narrow it down!

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Thanks Cheeky. Looks like I'm off the store for some cheap vodka. After I finished my PhD, I swore I'd never drink cheap liquor again, lol (that's my Southern side coming out; think Scarlett Ohara ;-)). I'm definitely gonna try the white peach, ala Zoe. I don't know if it could be better than the Mountain Oaks Georgia Peach I just loaded into my 1.7. Wow! You can't be a Georgia boy and not like peaches. Growing up, we had a white peach tree in our back yard. There's few things better than going out and eating a fresh peach straight off of the tree!

MO's batting 3 for 4 so far: I'm loving the Spring Rain and the Applewood tobacco as well as the Ga Peach (the Frostbite, not so much. Tastes more like a medicinal than a menthol). The only thing I hate about MO is that their sampler kit comes in bottles that have that damn tamper-proof plastic covering like you get on cough syrup, etc. I don't have the fingernails to get the damn things off. And the little glass bottles w/ the dripper are way too easy to knock over. Just lost 1/2 bottle of the Applewood, dammit!

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Cleaning: I use the syringe method for my cartos! I use hot (but not boiling) water...
1.) draw the water through the carto into the syring,
2.) push it back out with the carto still attached (straight into the sink, or a second bowl if I can't do much standing that day).
3.)Keep flushing them until the juices run clear (kind of like a properly cooked chicken lol),
4.) pop into some vodka, let sit 15min or so, then
5.) flush again with hot water. If I get more dark gunky water out of it, I'll keep flushing until the water runs clear & pop them back into the vodka for 10-15min
6.) repeat as needed until all water runs clear
7.) using the syringe, push & pull the plunger rapidly to expel as much water as possible from the carto
8.) allow to dry overnight (or longer), on papertowels or absorbent cloth of your choice - if you can find a way to keep them standing upright, all the better, but not necessary
I find that the above method is much better for my cartos than a long term vodka bath, as that caused a batch of cartos to go muzzy & gunky on me. Haven't tried it since lol
There are other people who swear by the boiling for 15min method - I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting, so I may try it with a small batch

Thanks Cheeky I'll give it a try. A couple of questions though: First, do you use tap water or bottled? Also, I think I have a way to stand them up. Remember I said I got that shotgun ammo case? Well it has 2 trays holding 50 shells each. I'm using one atm to store my cartos in order, so I don't make the same mistake as before (forgetting which is carto is loaded with what?). I could use the other as a drying tray; put a bit of pt in the bottom of each and stand the carto up in it. My question:would they dry okay this way, or should there be more air flow? I could always set it on the table with my table fan, I guess, if that would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread