VapCigs fail well what about Blu Cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapking

Feb 1, 2010
California
Alright so i bought my VapCig January 1st 2010 and they lasted me up until about 2 days ago. The batteries no longer hold their charge... or i'm guessing that is the issue. I screw them into the charger, the led light blinks, once it is done charging it no longer works. I believe its either that they don't hold their charge or that there is something that plugs up the passage way that heats up the atomizer.

Anyways i'm done with that POS brand and i'm thinking about trying out Blu Cigs. They seem really legit. You get a pack to carry around that charges your e-cig on the go which i think is awesome, it comes with 25 refill cartridges, a usb charger, a wall charger, 2 atomizers and 2 batteries. Also its $25 for 25 refill cartridges where as with VC i was paying $10 for 5.

So now onto my question... has anyone used Blu Cig before and if you have can i get some feedback from you? Also what does everyone recommend to be the best e-cig out there? I don't really want to waste my time/money on crap brands anymore

thanks!!! =]

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
Well, I can tell you that Blu batteries have their fair share of problems as well. One of my batteries was defective right out of the pack -- it worked all day, and then when I plugged it in to charge it, it had no charge after 3 straight hours on the charger. Repeated attempts to charge it have failed as well.

The other battery I got with my starter kit is a bit better, but doesn't hold its charge more than say, 50-60 pulls. This is much shorter than Blu claims.

So, on a whim I ordered a pair of Volcano batteries. Both of them hold their charges much, much longer than the Blu, and I have no idea why since they're essentially coming from the same manufacturer (both are L88s and are compatible with each other). Neither was defective as well. I say if you're going to switch, move to Volcano. I'm unsure if Vapcigs are L88s as well, but it sounds like they might be. Someone else here might be able to tell you whether or not that's true.

JTik

Jan 18, 2010
California
On these forums it seems the most recommended e-cig is the Joye 510. I currently only have the Blu, but I just ordered the Joye 510 from Cignot.com. One of my Blu batteries has already failed, I will RMA it but still. The Joye 510 is cheap so I thought i'd give it a try.

Overall I like my Blu but I haven't tried anything else yet so I don't really have anything to reference it to. The vapor production tapers off really fast it seems.

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
I've read good and bad things about the 510:

1, the PCC you can get for it is not nearly as good as the Blu pack. Apparently you have to unscrew the battery from the atomizer just to get it to fit inside the pack.

2, they're bigger, longer, and heavier than a Blu. I have enough trouble holding a Blu in my mouth without my fingers, I can't imagine anything bigger.

3, manual vaping by pushing a button. I know there automatic batteries out there, but from what I see they're pretty expensive.

4, hxj on these forums has said the 510 often leaves most flavors tasting burnt because of the high heat of the atomizer. I'd rather taste my carts than burn the crap out of them to get a good throat hit.

I don't own a 510, but perhaps hxj will chime in to answer more questions. The Blu is not a bad e-cigarette by any means, but I don't think it's the best. I've ordered some of Volcano's pre-filled carts so we'll see how they compare to Blus in terms of vapor falloff.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Unless Blu's customer service has improved greatly, I wouldn't recommend them. We tried them first and had 2 batteries and one atomizer fail almost immediately. 2 months and many calls and emails later, still no RMA or refund. The remaining batteries and atomizer lasted about 2 months longer before failing.j

If it were me, I'd look for something else.

crazyfl3x

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA
I liked the "look" of Blu, but after reading and researching, I went with Volcano instead.

It seems that with the proper mods to the cartridge (mainly the PTB mod) that I can have all the convenience of the "pack" and still get the amount of vapor I want.

I ordered on Friday last week at about 1:00 am, and by 4:30 pm on that same day, it went out for shipping, so it looks like their customer service might be better than Blu's. I'll be giving a review once I get my e-cig in the mail.

katnbrian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Louisiana
we started with the blu, and well...it blew. .Get a mod I would HIGHLY recomend getting something that DOES NOT look like a cig.
I don`t have anything to do with them other then buying there products, but I would highly recommend getting a puresmoker Protege as a first mod? I guess thats what they call them.
115.00 for everything you will need and is lgithyears better then the cig looking ones.

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
Blu is what got me started into ecigs, but since then I have evolved much further. They did the job as I immediately quit smoking analogs. My main complkaint is that the carts are expensive and they don't last long at all. I stopped ordering from them and switched to KRD-8's and have had much better results. Now I own several mods and I'm not looking back. To my surprise I received an entirely new kit from Blu in the mail yesterday, unsolicited. I don't know if they want my business back or what, checked my account to see if they charged me-nope. I'll use them eventually as you can use their atomizers and carts on 510's also.

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
They do seem pretty interested in getting business back from people they've screwed. The defective pack debacle a few months ago has put them in a pretty bad light, and maybe they're attempting to bring back customers that they burned in all that bad press. But kudos, a free kit is nothing to laugh at. That's pretty cool. It's too bad that Blu is no longer going to be my L88 go-to choice. Volcano is where it's at now. But I do thank them for getting me off of analogs and the introduction to e-cigs. It's just too bad they can't seem to match their cart quality to the rest of their products.

BatemanZ

Sep 1, 2010
Corona CA
Where did you buy your vapcig? did you try and return it? I bought my vapcigs in Norco and the shop was super cool. The brand has a one year warranty- and I've never payed $10 for 5 refill cartridges. I buy them directly from their website for a dollar a cartridge- though when I have a few extra bucks lying around I shell out the $80 to get the 100 cartridges bundle.

Alright so i bought my VapCig January 1st 2010 and they lasted me up until about 2 days ago. The batteries no longer hold their charge... or i'm guessing that is the issue. I screw them into the charger, the led light blinks, once it is done charging it no longer works. I believe its either that they don't hold their charge or that there is something that plugs up the passage way that heats up the atomizer.

Anyways i'm done with that POS brand and i'm thinking about trying out Blu Cigs. They seem really legit. You get a pack to carry around that charges your e-cig on the go which i think is awesome, it comes with 25 refill cartridges, a usb charger, a wall charger, 2 atomizers and 2 batteries. Also its $25 for 25 refill cartridges where as with VC i was paying $10 for 5.
=]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread