Vape Breath Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
So having been selfconscious about my breath as a smoker, i've been confidently walking around thinking my mouth would smell like fruits now... until the missus complained, esp. when i've vaped after i'd brushed my teeth at night.

there are a couple of threads about this, but they're rather old. what are our thoughts now? are the whiskey or tobacco flavours worse? do the sweet stuff actually cause bad breath because they invite more bacteria?

tickle-tickle!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
@Northstar6 i guess it makes sense, after all, analog-breath is horrible. though tobacco flavour should smell more like tobacco rather than the after-smell of smoking

@smacuser makes sense. but i was also enjoying not having to drink as much water anymore, i need much less now that i've off of analogs. i drank more than the regular smoker. maybe not in quantity, but i was always dry and needed a sip to wet my mouth

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
So having been selfconscious about my breath as a smoker, i've been confidently walking around thinking my mouth would smell like fruits now... until the missus complained, esp. when i've vaped after i'd brushed my teeth at night.

there are a couple of threads about this, but they're rather old. what are our thoughts now? are the whiskey or tobacco flavours worse? do the sweet stuff actually cause bad breath because they invite more bacteria?

tickle-tickle!

My wife hates the second hand aroma of coffee vapes, I had to stop using them. Don't know if that affects your breath though.

I wouldn't worry about sweet vapes. All the sweet flavor comes from artificial sweeteners and I don't think bacteria like that stuff.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Depending on how much you vape will determine how much moisture your body will expel through the lungs; Tootles Puffers not as much as Cloud Chasers. If you're not urinating enough by drinking lots of water, ketones will escape through your body via breathing. Eww, right?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have no clue. The person I am kissing has been smoking from the age of 8. He's not complaining, but if he did I would probably have some choice words for him. LOL.

This is not really something I have heard on a routine basis. The husband hates the smell of dry burning coils so I usually do it when he is not around. Seems like every spouse has a flavor or two the cant' stand, but kissing? IDK.

Anna

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    @smacuser interesting stuff, thanks for the info. i take ketones are smelly? you mean those from food etc. right? not those from vaping sweetner?

incidentally, what does happen to the material we vape, do they stay in our mouths, get digested or go to lungs?

she has said she doesn't like the clouds either, but it's nothing she can't handle. after all, i was a smoker_ honestly i'm digested by her adn everyone else i know: how could they stand me? last time i sat to a friendly guy in my language course and found myself saying you disgust and appal me_ who smokes anymore?? (i know i know... don't preach, it was friendly banter and he's open to vaping now so plus!_)

i'll ignore teh skin curling at the intimate details (no offense) and say i have noticed the smell myself, and that she'd warned me about it a couple of times when we were out in the morning, felt obliged to get gum before i met the wolrd, haven't chewed the stuff since i quit the logs

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Me and all the vapers I know and hang out with drink more water since switching to vaping. I've never had any complaints of foul breath.

I can't comment on other vaper's breath. I don't get up in other people's space much and no longer have the ability to smell, so I'm pretty worthless in that area.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hmm... do you brush your tongue? E-juice (mostly the VG) forms a film on your tongue (I use a soft bristle brush for this)
    Funny thing is my 80 year old mother says my tobacco mix smell great! (it's got nutty, caramel, vanilla notes) I constantly sip water while vaping.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    Hmm... do you brush your tongue? E-juice (mostly the VG) forms a film on your tongue (I use a soft bristle brush for this)
    Funny thing is my 80 year old mother says my tobacco mix smell great! (it's got nutty, caramel, vanilla notes) I constantly sip water while vaping.

informative. gonna try =out the tongue brush-slidy thingy. funnily_ i alwasy tease her for using it.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    i keep saying i need to get into more elemental mixing, all the one shot stuff i've found are rather sweet.
    If I do add flavor to my PG/VG/nic base, I find this to be appealing to me: FA - 7Leaves Ultimate [Base] (Flavoring). I don't use it to complement any other kind of tobacco flavored juice, I just like the subtle 'earthy' tastes it adds.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I've been vaping for 7 years, no one has ever complained about my breath. And I have a pretty high turnover rate for kissing partners

Cause? Effect? :D

Seriously, to the OP, smoking for all the bad it does, it also makes your mouth somewhat inhospitable to many of the germs that can cause bad breath. So while you smell like an ash tray, your breath has less biological pollutants. Without that many of those germs are now free to replicate. Also dry mouth can contribute to this growth a lot. I don't think vaping, in and of itself, causes bad breath, but you will probably need to step up your oral hygiene and drink more water. If that doesn't work, keep some Binaca spray close by.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    Cause? Effect? :D

Seriously, to the OP, smoking for all the bad it does, it also makes your mouth somewhat inhospitable to many of the germs that can cause bad breath. So while you smell like an ash tray, your breath has less biological pollutants. Without that many of those germs are now free to replicate. Also dry mouth can contribute to this growth a lot. I don't think vaping, in and of itself, causes bad breath, but you will probably need to step up your oral hygiene and drink more water. If that doesn't work, keep some Binaca spray close by.

it's nothing that bad. kind of the poitnt that i've sort of let myself go since i quit the logs, particularly like i said, drinking less and on one occasion vaping after brushing teeth for the night.

makes sense though. i'm glad to be a hosptable part of the ecosystem again!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have no clue. The person I am kissing has been smoking from the age of 8. He's not complaining, but if he did I would probably have some choice words for him. LOL.

This is not really something I have heard on a routine basis. The husband hates the smell of dry burning coils so I usually do it when he is not around. Seems like every spouse has a flavor or two the cant' stand, but kissing? IDK.

Anna

Dry burn under the stove vent. Hold it a foot away from the filter grill when you do it. :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    OOh...;good idea.

For a second there, I thought you were gonna give me insructons in how to tolerate my husband's kissing thing. But that's OK, he reminds me of my dad who used to smoke aorund me when I was little, so I'm cool with it.

My dad, the female cat, who like HAD to bring up his liberal damn politics on EVERY ocasion by email until I finally LET him have it. He was like, "There must be a way to maintain the 2nd amendment while getting all the guns away from the crazies and crooks." I was like. "Really? Why don't you tell me it."

i was also like, "The only fair way I view the 2nd amendment which is really about the right to rise up against our government woudl be a "trade in guns for smart bombs and tanks, program, frankly."

Then he was all like, "I can't talk to you, you are evil and mean and not progressive you have insulted me and my wife and ALL your siblings we can't correspond any more."

LOL I was like, "Okay dude, well, you kept BRINGING stuff up, I just kept asking to talk about nice stuff, but not only do I understand, I even empathize a bit as there was a long period ot time I was not emailing YOU, becuase you sucked. So, love you, thanks for being my dad and well, if you die before we speak again good job, you raised a fully fledged adult capable of thinking for yourself and since you were such a workaholic my MAIN memories of you were insulting my mom when she got fat, and sneeak smoking aorund me because it was the only time you could."

Politics. The BANE.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread