Vape cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
First thread was kinda clunky, starting fresh and hopefully more bandwidth friendly.
I will list the mods I can forge plastic for as they become available.
So far here are models available and prices.
Payment will have to be through PayPal, or send a money order. PM for all that.

istick 30w $30.00 (clip only)
istick 50W $40.00
Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin $40.00
Vapor Flask dna 40 $40.00
REO Grand $40.00
Billet Box $40.00
Shipping: USPS first class is $3.00 and Priority I will do for $6.00
(US only, PM for shipping estimates to another country)

These are made from a material called kydex, it is a thermoformable plastic used in various applications including knife sheaths and handgun holsters.
I have been working with this material for several years and have a one-man shop providing hand formed custom products.
Custom cases for other mods are possible, but I may require the mod for fitting purposes.
PM me about what you want and I will try to work something out.
I can do faux carbon fiber, many different colors, and different camos and prints. I can also do molle attachments or other types of belt attachments.
Heck if you want a double thigh rig for your custom competition cloud blowers with battery slots I can do it o_O

I will try to keep the imgur gallery updated, all the info (except for pricing) is on there with the pics.

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Have not got a master mold for one yet. Would need a mod to create one.
Am willing to trade a case for use of mods for fitting, if you or anyone else is interested PM me.
Wonder if the dimensions are the same as the regular mini?
The M Class is bigger as far as I know. PMing you about your offer - I have one I can send you :)

Reactions: beez0527

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Do you make these with a interior lining?

No sir I do not at this time. Have thought about it, maybe I will add leather or neoprene lined option in the future.
If you want something like that I can try to work it out, just a matter of ordering some material.
J-Wraps work fine in these cases if you loosen the retention screws a bit, I have one on my iStick 50w and it makes it "stickier" than the bare mod.
The vinyl grips the plastic a little but in a good way.

Reactions: puffon

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
handy things those.
From the title I thought this might be another tootle puffer kind of thread.

2BowX6W.jpg

PhilsPhanatic

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
Southampton, PA
I have been using one of these cases for my rDNA40 for almost a week now and so far I love it. It is incredibly durable, very reminicent of a gun holster (just think heavy duty). I generally have issue with the belt clip breaking on anything I wear on my hip, I can tell you that will not be a problem with these units. The clips are extremely heavy duty and thick, I cant imagine a scenario where you could snap them. I LOVE that it was made to include the thickness of the SharkSkin as it still slides easily in and out of the holster, I love that the bottom is open and you can push up through the bottom if needed. Much easier than keeping it in your pocket where the SharkSkin grabs hold of everything else in your pocket when you pull it out. I have had no auto fires, and really dont think it could happen based on the clearances on either side. I did not have to adjust any of the tensioners on mine as the rDNA40 with skin fit perfectly right away. It came with both clips and I have been using the one you put the belt through mostly because I find it twists less on that one, but that may just be a function of how thick my belt is. I have also had zero issues with driving while having it with the rDNA on my hip, I am a bigger guy and this is often an issue depending on the shape, offset, and height of the holster with its cargo. Even using it with a full size subtank it was not too tall above the waist that it bothered me. The finish on mine is black which I would recommend as it remains inconspicuous where I feel the colored ones may draw attention. When wearing it with my shirt over it, my wife stated she could tell there was something on my hip but it looked normal. Todays mods are bigger and heavier and can get extremely cumbersome in a pocket or a pain in the ... to carry around with you, I feel like this is an awesome product that I will use quite a bit. Most likely going to need one for my iStick50w and SX mini M class as well. Would be great if there was a way to have swappable inserts for different size mods but with the variations on button placement etc that would probably be more trouble that its worth. Not that I see it being an issue ever, but maybe a removable snap closure that secures the device in, could be useful for a woman with it hooked to a purse strap or someone in a trade that requires time on the ground or upside down. All in all I think it is definitely worth the money baased on the build quality and materials, not to mention the relief from frustration it provides, but keep in mind I am using it with an almost $200 mod, and when you can get an iStick50w for $45, does a $40 case make sense? It does to me but maybe not to others.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just got home to my REO Grand and Billet Box cases.

I must say at first impression, the fit and finish is impressive.

The mods slide in and out very easily while staying very secure in place while attached to a belt.

I love the raised areas that lend rigidity to the cases.

I have no fear of rogue button presses, dropping anything, getting a mod stuck between the case and fumbly fingers, etc.

And it looks great with a murdered out sl lp reo grand and nuppin on a black leather belt...

7ac2d4671a9e3cd26d2204bfa08fec1b.jpg

This shows the color better...

149233e9fe1bcd79e102491aa71e3457.jpg

Tapatyped

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Hana Modz V3 Pack DNA 40 case available soon.

very reminicent of a gun holster (just think heavy duty)
Busted! I learned to press dex doing firearm holsters, these are just as tough.

I must say at first impression, the fit and finish is impressive.
First impressions because beckdg has promised to beat on these for a while and report back. I think he will literally beat them lol.

Reactions: beckdg

1buda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Another fine job by Mr. coffeebum!! Received my case in and like I said before attention to detail is like no other. This custom case lets say will house (3) different box mods. (hana, REO, and a custom DNA30. All I have to do is loosen or tighten the retention screws to fit. Also for the smaller width mod I insert a small piece of black foam to stop the side by side wiggle. I am very pleased on how this case turned out!!

I will later in the future request a case that will hold a Istick 30w and a tube mod/battery.

Thank you very much, Sir.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
reporting in;

dad had his first full day run with his billet box holder yesterday.
first thing he did the first time we left the house... left his mod on the nut/bolt shelf at the hardware store.

he's got some adjusting to do. :lol:

however, he too is impressed with the workmanship.
so is the wife, but she has a 3̶0̶ ̶g̶a̶l̶l̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶p̶s̶ purse she'd rather use.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
some kind of minimal 'lanyard' setup

I have a tube mod lanyard design I am working on, was not pleased with my first attempt.
If I do a lanyard it will have to lay flat and hang straight, if you just want "something" to get by with then a rubber band and a piece of cord would work;)
Ugly and cheap but functional, similar to a girl I dated some years ago... I should have stayed with that girl, hindsight and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread