Vape Juice calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I use one from EcigVape.com. They have many different ones, but I use the one in the link below. It's very easy to use, and with calculators from there...you can save your recipes online, so you can access them from anywhere as long as you can get online. You can also make your recipes Private or Public for anyone to see them.

E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting

It's name says Ten Flavors, but that means up to ten flavors. You don't have to use ten. The most any recipe that I make has...is 7 flavorings. Most have about 4 or 5 though.

If you'll go to the DIY E-Liquid subforum of the General E-Liquid Forum...you'll find entire threads about some of the various calculators people on here use. You also find a wealth of info. on DIY throughout the discussions on there, too.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
ECF has several members who have offered up mixing calculators. The two that seem to have gained the most traction are @Scubabatdan's, and @HotRod19579's. They are quite different from each other.

@Scubabatdan has created a calculator that appeals most to those who like using Windows-type spreadsheets. It does not offer any of the pretty GUI overlays; it is a straightforward spreadsheet. It does offer quite a few features, and seems to be fairly adaptive to the user's own preferences, but I am not spreadsheet savvy; so I can't comment beyond that. If this sounds like something you may be interested in; you can check out his own dedicated (and pinned) thread here: Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)
The link to the most current version is in the first post.

The other calculator (named "Juice Calculator") which is offered by @HotRod19579 (and the one I use) is quite different. It uses a feature rich GUI that is similar to E-juice Me Up, and Juice Grinder (I have used both in the past), but with additional features (at the time I used them). Disclaimer: I have not kept up with EJMU or JG so I can't speak to how their current offerings compare.

Things I like about Juice Calculator:
  • Feature-rich -- This is much more than just a mixing calculator. It offers note keeping for each and every recipe; management for ingredients, recipes, steeping, and shopping lists; advanced file management; both desktop, as well as, portable versions; a multitude of secondary "simple" calculators; label printing; recipe printing; ability to import inventory and recipes from several other popular calculator formats; export options; and that is barely scratching the surface. I have been using this calculator for more than a year now and I am still learning new little features.
  • Ability to mix by milliliters, milligrams, and drops all supported.
  • Short learning curve -- At least for me, I found this pretty intuitive and easy to understand. It can be a bit overwhelming with all the options it offers but, if you don't try to learn/use it all at once, it is pretty straightforward.
  • Growth potential -- This program has plenty of potential for the user to grow into all of its features. I have not found much (if anything) that I wished this had.
  • Documentation -- JC has better documentation than any of the previous calculators I have tried. It can be a bit too detailed, and shy on graphics, but it offers explanation for virtually every feature and tab.
  • User Support -- HotRod has an active thread (also here on ECF: New Calculator to try), where he answers questions, and listens to suggestions, many of which he implements. In addition, fellow participants on the thread, are also extremely helpful.
Things I don't like about Juice Calculator:
  • No Apple/Mac support -- HotRod is a Windows programmer by profession and has no (foreseeable) interest in crossing platforms. Note: there are a handful of Mac users who have found success using a Windows emulator called Wine(I believe; I am not an Apple/Mac user).
  • No ability to create recipes on the fly -- This is an "ingredient driven" program so you must first enter your ingredients. It is a small nuisance but nuisance none the less.
  • People saying this is not a good choice for Newbies -- that is simply like saying a novice driver should only start with a go-cart and not a Ford/Chevy/BMW. Yes, it is less complicated, but you will (likely) soon out-grow it. (my opinion only:))

If this sounds like something you may be interested in; you can check out @HotRod19579's dedicated (and NOT pinned; "cough, cough, harrumph, harrumph" Admins!;)) thread here: New Calculator to try The link to the most current version is in the first post.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread