Vape Making Me Cough - E-Liquid Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
I noticed for a while that I have been feeling short of breath and my vape is making me cough, I vape a lot, but not more than some others do.

So anyways. I make my own juices, and when I finally tested a batch of 0mg of a flavor I made, it was NOT HARSH like all of my juices have been tasting. I got my nicotine in the mail and made a 3mg batch and it started making me feel short of breath and cough-y again, and I tasted the flavor less.

Is nicotine like spicy flavors? The more that's in it, the less you taste the flavors? And this is a better brand of nicotine, I think, so I doubt its a bad quality one.

Do I need to drop to 1.5mg, or 0mg, or is there something else I am missing here?

Reactions: stols001

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
Thanks!!! :)

Is is BRAND NEW, and gonna be stored in the fridge. It has a dark glass. I just read that it needs to be stored properly, I did not know that until 30 minutes ago reading this forum. It was bottled on the 12th, so like, three days ago. I dunno if it tastes peppery. It just feels.....like I can't breathe as well, and I cough. Not a lot of phlegm. Just feels like its irritating my throat/voice box area.

It might be that I vape too much and its just that I need to lower the content or vape 0mg. When I tried the 0mg for half a day, the cough went away completely and the juice didn't make me feel 'restricted' breathing-wise.

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
I am ADHD and I use the vape partially as a way to keep myself occupied, but the nicotine keeps me awake and is much preferable to coffee, which gives me anxiety even at one cup. I don't feel jittery on nicotine. So I might have to just make a 1.5mg mix or lower, and maybe just add teeny amounts so I still feel it a bit but it doesn't irritate my lungs/throat?

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
Maybe you're mixing it too strong. Can you tell us what MG (strength) is your nicotine base, how much did you use, how did you measure it and what size batch did you make.

Its only 3mg, and yeah, I measured properly. 30% pg 70% vg. The nicotine is 100mgs, at 100% vg. The 0mg mix I made did not make me feel short of breath at all. So its not the flavors.

Reactions: stols001

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
With a small 1ml syringe. It was precisely 0.9ml, which is the right amount for 30ml of juice. I measured everything exactly just without the nicotine when I made it. Then I added in the nicotine later.

Perhaps it needs to sit longer? The flavors don't need to steep except to get stronger, they aren't harsh. Just the nicotine is. So does it need to sit and get less harsh in the juice itself? Will it go away later?

Mel B

Dec 16, 2017
It has a wide tip, so it is easy to pull from the bottle!!! And yeah, sounds like I just vape so much the nicotine is too high and I need to use between 0mg and 1.5mg, and no more. Thanks guys! I will try that. :) I will leave the 3mg bottles to steep, try them later to see if that helps, and vape the 1.5mg in the meantime and see if the 1.5mg helps, and if it doesn't, try the 0mg and either stay there or just wait and see if steeping either of the others fixes my problem. I will also add some apple cider vinegar now to the 3mg and see if it helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread