Vape Pods and PG intolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvee

Aug 20, 2018
Hi,

I am an e-liquid vaper but have a pretty serious intolerance to the PG (burning feeling and itching on troath). So I only vape +80% VG which works fine for me.

Now I would like to start using the pod systems. I love the compact and subtle form and the idea of a faster nicotine hit.
I would love to use the juul or maybe a refillable alternative.

From what I have heard however (can be wrong) is that the juul and pod systems in general do not use high VG nicotine but mostly 50/50. Or does the whole PG/VG not apply to nicotine Salts?

Is there any options for a PG allergic in the pod systems?

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Are there any nicotine Salts that use +80% VG?

You can buy a stock solution of salt nicotine in 100% VG and make your own 80% VG. NicotineRiver and NudeNicotine are a couple examples. You'd need to also buy VG, PG and flavoring.

Hi,

I am an e-liquid vaper but have a pretty serious intolerance to the PG (burning feeling and itching on troath). So I only vape +80% VG which works fine for me.

Now I would like to start using the pod systems. I love the compact and subtle form and the idea of a faster nicotine hit.
I would love to use the Juul or maybe a refillable alternative.

From what I have heard however (can be wrong) is that the Juul and pod systems in general do not use high VG nicotine but mostly 50/50. Or does the whole PG/VG not apply to nicotine Salts?

Is there any options for a PG allergic in the pod systems?

Thanks!

I use a lot of 50:50 and 60:40 and sometimes 70:30. I haven't ever used 80:20. With high VG liquid, you may run into problems with wicking and dry hits, especially on the smallest of the pods.

You can also use salts in a RBA instead of a pod. There are RBAs designed for MTL vaping like the Berserker. A RBA is bigger and will have larger channels for wicking.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are PG intolerant and want to vape high nic salts, your best bet is going to be DIY all the way, or at the very least, bumping up a high VG premade with nic salts (which yes, you can buy in VG base).

It's just that a lot of nic salt juices especially very high ones, are going to be probably not in the ratio you desire.

Yes, there are pods out there that allow you to fill on your own, and you should be okay for the most part with a high VG liquid, although some pods are more suited for that in terms of having a lower ohm coil/pod option, and you may find that lower resistance works best in your pod. If that's the case, usually more vapor is produced (although it does vary) with a lower ohm coil, which would be another reason for DIY nic salts, as some of the very high, high pods have pretty high resistance and low power outputs, which is what makes vaping the very highest level of salts kind of safer, in a way. You may have to balance that as you move forward.

However, I am PG sensitive, use nic salts (at 18 mg./ml in fairly restricted devices) and you can make it work. You can amend juices, thin the vape if needed with some distilled water (up to 10% is the max, but lower than that is fine, too. You're just going to have to play around a bit.

If you go full DIY, you also have the option of trying PEG400 which is a PG alternative that I very much like not being sensitive to as it gets me away from many of the issues of high VG juice. But, that's probably down the road some and if you do decide to try it do your own due diligence I researched it and found nothing troubling BUT it's your body and what you put into it.... You should do your own research.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread