New to Vaping and confused with different modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharam Kapadia

Feb 26, 2017
Hi,
I have recently purchased vaporesso target pro and got some eliquids.
I have been smoking in wattage mode and really confused and clouded with the amount of information that is listed online regarding different modes you can vape.
I have a ccell coil ceramic 0.5 ohms ss.
Well all this was alien to me till the time i did a little research and came to know about different modes you can vape and on the other hand have to be careful not to burn my coil if i do not the correct mode.
It would really helpful to get some TIPS N TRICKS from people who are vaping since long.

There are a lot of rumors and articles saying ceramic coils are not good for lungs as well please share some of your experience so i can vape in peace.
I have been a smoker since 2002 and i believe vaping is helping me to quit this habit.
Lately i have been smoking a pack a day and since i have started vaping i have not smoked a cig. And it has been already 4 days now.

Thanks in advance for the help you guys will provide.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and Welcome- congrats on quitting cigarettes! I do not have that set up but I would use wattage or power mode, there are You Tube videos of reviews on your set up- sometimes easier to watch how it is done!
I use the Freemax Starre Pure Tank which uses Ceramic coils- I have read the same warnings, but feel that the coils are safe and I have been using that tank and coil for months, my ceramic coil is different than yours! The Freemax coil is ceramic housing and the coil is kanthal I do not vape very high watts- usually between 25-30w and when I 1st started Vaping over 2 years ago I used the Innokin Itaste and Evod tanks and never vaped over 12w!
You can always buy other coils that would take regular kanthal coils like the Aspire Atlantis and Triton , Melo and the Tobeco coils will all work with your tank I believe, if you are worried about ceramic!
You are fine with the ceramic, do your research and make up your own mind- still better than cigarettes!

Reactions: r77r7r

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi & welcome Dharam
I remember reading the was a question of whether ther ceramic coils were emitting something when heated but I'm pretty sure I also read that they'd changed the formula and that it was no longer a concern. Do look it up though, don't take my word for it.

Temp control in a mod is achieved by the mod measuring the changing resistance as the wire heats. Different metal changes differently so the mod needs to know what type of metal is in your coil to apply the right calculations. With a stainless steel coil you would use a TC SS mode if you want temp control. A lot of us stick with simple power / wattage mode since it is pretty simple. The only other mode, ignoring the new user programmed ones that is, is by-pass mode which I believe essentially turns your mod into a mech mod.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! My advice if you just started vaping and have already gone 4 days without a cig (BTW, Congrats!) is don't worry about modes for now. Stick to what's working. Read some stuff around here and get comfortable using the device you have like changing the coil when it becomes necessary, charging it up, literally the basics. When you find yourself THEN looking to explore and test out new approaches and features, that's when to go for it. Not when you just came off cigs successfully 4 days ago.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
I have recently purchased vaporesso target pro and got some eliquids.
I have been smoking in wattage mode and really confused and clouded with the amount of information that is listed online regarding different modes you can vape.
I have a ccell coil ceramic 0.5 ohms ss.
Well all this was alien to me till the time i did a little research and came to know about different modes you can vape and on the other hand have to be careful not to burn my coil if i do not the correct mode.
It would really helpful to get some TIPS N TRICKS from people who are vaping since long.
There are a lot of rumors and articles saying ceramic coils are not good for lungs as well please share some of your experience so i can vape in peace.
I have been a smoker since 2002 and i believe vaping is helping me to quit this habit.
Lately i have been smoking a pack a day and since i have started vaping i have not smoked a cig. And it has been already 4 days now.
Thanks in advance for the help you guys will provide.
Welcome and glad you joined. Congratulations, 4 days is outstanding. Some folks never go back to smoking, you might be one of them. Every vape is one less smoke. As to ceramic coils, you have to do what seems safe to you.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread