Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks and welcome back for today's review of a single coil MTL rta that's a bit dated but is a solid performer, there is another version of the Brunhilde atomizer that's a dual coil for RDL or DL both are manufactured by Vapefly and were designed by the German 101 team. I was supposed to receive the full kit for review back in late September but only the mod was sent, if you missed my Brunhilde SBS mod review I will leave a link for it BRUNHILDE SBS 100 WATT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322. Lets check out some information on what makes this RTA such a solid performer, and yes it will be matched with the Brunhilde SBS 100W Mod.

Vapefly_Brunhilde_Top_Coiler_MTL_RTA.jpg

FEATURES

1. Gorgeous appearance-designed by German 103 team

2. 23mm diameter with 5ml large e-juice capacity

3. 6 levels airflow control meet your different demands: Φ0.9mm; Φ1.2mm; Φ1.4mm;
    Φ1.8mm; Φ2.1mm; Φ2.5mm

4. Premium stainless steel wires from Germany

5. Easy single coil building

6. Bottom airflow system for fabulous flavor

7. Convenient side filling design, easy to use

8. Detachable structure, easy to clean and maintain

COLOR CHOICES

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Full_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

• 1×Brunhilde MTL RTA
    • 1×Glass tube
    • 1×Long drip tip(resin)
    • 2×Stainless steel wires
    • 6×Screw airflow sets
    • 9×O-rings
    • 2×Pre-built 1.0ohm 26GA (Ni 80)
    • 1×Allen Key
    • 1×T-type screwdriver
    • 8×Screws
    • 2×Firebolt Cotton
    • 1×User manual

coil_02_32444f.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS AND PARAMETERS

* Diameter: 23.0mm

* Capacity: 5ml

* Height with Drip Tip: 65.50mm

* Bigger refilling port: 3.2mm(outer diameter)

* Coil Rebuildable: single Coil Building

* Airflow Adjustable: bottom

* Fill Liquid: Side

* Thread: 510 thread

Vapefly-Brunhilde-MTL-RTA-5ml%EF%80%A22ml_04_9c9852.jpg

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Parameter.jpg

2 DRIP TIPS INCLUDED

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_Replacement_510_Drip_Tip_1_700x700.jpg

TALL 5ML TANK

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Big_Capacity.jpg

BOTTOM AIRFLOW

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Bottom_Airflow.jpg

6 AIRFLOW INSERT CHOICES

Brunhilde-MTL-RTA-12.jpg

PREMIUM SS CABLES FROM GERMANY

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Stainless_Steel_Wire.jpg

SIDE FILL

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Easy_Filling.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

Vapefly_Brunhilde_MTL_RTA_Exploded_View.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging is the standard box in a sleeve, opening the box reveals the tank with the short drip tip that has a slightly larger bore installed and the spare glass tube sitting in their own cutout spot on the foam cover. Underneath is a box containing all your extra O-rings, extra screws, tri-tool, Allen wrench, 2 pieces of shoelace cotton, 2 extra steel cables, 2nd drip tip, 6 airflow inserts, 2 Ni80 2.5 mm 1Ω coils and your user manual.

I must point out that this is a tall tank compared to what I'm used to using and the 2nd included drip tip raises it a bit more if you use it and for most of my review it was what I used.

Looking over everything that's included Vapefly really took care of their customers. The airflow inserts give a great MTL range of choices, you should install a insert, put the top cap back on and just try the airflow without installing a coil to make sure your happy with the insert you installed because once a coil is installed you can't switch inserts with it on, the airflow hole must be free and clear of obstructions to install a new insert. Inserts are just screwed in using a flat head screwdriver.

obzor-Vapefly-Brunhilde-MTL-RTA-review005.jpg

20211212_083720.jpg

Pulling the top cap off reveals how simplistic the RTA is, using 2 steel cables that transport the juice inside the tank from bottom to top like a Genesis styled device of the past. I like to raise the steel cables up just to where there breaking the plane of the wick wells that they sit in. The center airflow hole is where the airflow inserts are screwed in to place, you don't have to use the airflow inserts but what's the point of that, just another option for you.

20211213_130839 (1).jpg

3 things to point out here, the sloping post help when installing coil legs also trimming or cutting the coil legs is made very easy with the open space to get your cutter in deep. This picture shows the airflow intake hole that can be closed down some using the top cap when in place to do so, you wont get a huge difference so pick the right airflow insert that comes closest to your liking. The protective cage even has the Brunhilde helmet on it.

20211213_133149.jpg

Turning the tank 180 degrees brings you to the small fill port that will accept a 100 ml gorilla bottle just barely, do not try to use a glass dripper to fill because you will end up with a large mess on your hands. The top of the bottom portion of the tank has 3 liquid droplet symbols that designate the juice fill port, to get to either the airflow inlet hole of the juice fill port hole simply twist the top cap to line up either juice symbol or airflow. opening

20211213_132916.jpg

Either way you choose to install your coil the easy deck has you covered, the coil almost installs itself it so easy. I used one of the included coils and dry burned at 10w to burn off any oils that might be on it. The coils provided are slightly spaced and I needed no tweeking or strumming of the coil to get a even glow from the center outward when fired I chose the 1.4mm airflow insert that' shown in this picture. I was happy with my choice and even closed the airflow off just a bit for a more tailored vape that I like.

20211214_130426.jpg

Wicking this RTA is just as easy, I used one of the shoelace pieces of cotton, you may need to hold the end of the coil when inserting the cotton through the coil so you don't deform it because the fit is a bit tight. This RTA needs a lot of cotton to fill the juice wells so don't thin out the tails and make sure your tails fill the entire juice well, if you have gurgling on your draw you don't have enough cotton in the wells. When the tails are tucked in fully saturate the coil and wick tails, fill it up and give it a quick fire.

20211214_142346.jpg

20211214_143735.jpg

20211214_144528.jpg

20211214_144618.jpg

PROS

* Great Flavor

* Easy To Build On Deck

* Easy To Wick

* 5ML Tank

* 6 Airflow Inserts

* 2 Drip Tips Included

* Perfect For A SBS Mod ( TALL TANK )

CONS

* Tall Tank ( FOR SOME PEOPLE )

* Smallish Juice Fill Port

* Coil Must Be Removed To Change Airflow Insert

USING AND FINAL IMPRESSIONS OF THE BRUNHILDE RTA

Before seeing it I knew the tank was going to be a tall one so that came as no surprise but on a SBS Mod it looks like a perfect fit as with the Brunhilde SBS 100W Mod.

20211216_141342.jpg

The German 101 team did a fantastic job as they always do designing this RTA making it so user friendly to build on. There are enough choices in the airflow department that should make everyone happy.

The fill port and airflow sit 180° apart and with a simple twist of the top cap to line up the airflow hole or fill hole is simplistic and easy to operate and having 2 drip tips with slightly different bore sizes is a bonus, the German 101 team have covered all wants one could have in a RTA. Filling using a 100mm bottle tip is possible but it just fits the fill port without creating a mess, I wish it was a tad larger in diameter though.

The ease of building on the desk is one of it's strongest attributes as well as wicking this RTA, you might want to remember to yourself more cotton in the wells is better than less because the SS cables wick extremely well, I don't know if the German steel is what makes the difference but using genesis styled tanks in the past they never wicked as well as the Brunhilde does. My general rule of thumb is to fill at the half tank level using this type of atomizer using SS cables but this beast wicking keeps up so well I can run the tank bone dry almost.

The protective cage with the Brunhilde helmet really pops on the design aspect, if you some how do break the glass tube or just want to totally strip the tank down for a thorough cleaning it comes apart very easily.

vapeflybrunhildemtlrta8-550x550.jpg

As far as the flavor department goes it's a 10 out of 10, Sharp detailed taste comes through in a beautiful vape, each draw gives a vape saturated with such great flavor, a juice I've been using for a long time and know all so well has changed for the better using the Brunhilde, new flavors that I never tasted before have sprung to life using it with that juice. The Brunhilde MTL RTA is now in my personal rotation of MTL Atomizers. ( LOVE IT ).

I Would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Brunhilde MTL RTA for the purpose of this review, I also urge folks looking for a MTL RTA to pick one up, your taste buds will thank you.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob! I bought the blue version a while back and like it very much. It's such an easy tank to use and really good flavor production.
    The flavor really goes to another level on this tank, I don't care for tall tanks but on a SBS it's perfect.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Bloody Brilliant Brunhilde RTA review Bob:)
    I'm glad that you really enjoy her so much, now you can see why I have so many of them:wub:

A quick question? Does the wicking keep up for you with a bit of chain vaping?
    There is no problem with wicking when I chain vape her, are you having wicking issues Daniel? You were correct with it being a flavor beast and thank you.

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    There is no problem with wicking when I chain vape her, are you having wicking issues Daniel? You were correct with it being a flavor beast and thank you.

No wicking problems for me Bob, the Brunhilde has been spot on since my first one:thumb:
    There does seem to be just the one young fellow that is having issues, out of everyone that I've welcomed into the Brunhilde Brigade!! Obviously it's user erroro_O
    I might send him over here to have a good read of your review!

And she sure is a Flavour Banger;)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    No wicking problems for me Bob, the Brunhilde has been spot on since my first one:thumb:
    There does seem to be just the one young fellow that is having issues, out of everyone that I've welcomed into the Brunhilde Brigade!! Obviously it's user erroro_O
    I might send him over here to have a good read of your review!

And she sure is a Flavour Banger;)
    I think I know who the young fellow is, send Charlie over LOL. Love ya Charlie.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    I think I know who the young fellow is, send Charlie over LOL. Love ya Charlie.
    I'm here!! :wub: I'm running the atty with no airflow inserts wide open and I've tried several different wicking methods but it still doesn't keep up with my vape. I tend to chainvape in little bursts of five or six draws and I always get a drying hit towards then end. It works better when it's tipped up or if its left for a while. It is wicking but not enough. Maybe it's my vaping style. I wick more or less the same as you suggested. I've tried thinned, fluffed, longer tails and less cotton and my cables are slightly above the deck as you suggested. It never gurgles.
    I'm at a bit of a loss really :rolleyes:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm here!! :wub: I'm running the atty with no airflow inserts wide open and I've tried several different wicking methods but it still doesn't keep up with my vape. I tend to chainvape in little bursts of five or six draws and I always get a drying hit towards then end. It works better when it's tipped up or if its left for a while. It is wicking but not enough. Maybe it's my vaping style. I wick more or less the same as you suggested. I've tried thinned, fluffed, longer tails and less cotton and my cables are slightly above the deck as you suggested. It never gurgles.
    I'm at a bit of a loss really :rolleyes:
    Wow I'm a bit stumped as well Charlie because you have done everything that I would have suggested. Only other 2 things to try is maybe roughing up the ends of the cables and maybe compress the cotton a bit just before it goes into the coil but still leaving the tails fluffy. I hope these suggestion help fix the problem.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Nice informative review. I picked one up and it is now my favourite tank. 1 problem I have with it is I like the lower drip tip but condensation builds up quickly and I end up with juice in the mouth. A quick wipe out of the top cap alleviates this. Also does this tank leak when left on its side?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice informative review. I picked one up and it is now my favourite tank. 1 problem I have with it is I like the lower drip tip but condensation builds up quickly and I end up with juice in the mouth. A quick wipe out of the top cap alleviates this. Also does this tank leak when left on its side?
    I tried the smaller drip tip but found the bore size of the taller one being more my taste, as a rule I never lay any atomizer on it's side because it will leak.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I tried the smaller drip tip but found the bore size of the taller one being more my taste, as a rule I never lay any atomizer on it's side because it will leak.
    I sometimes use a small mod when out and about and at work. I live in Canada so winter jackets are a must. The pockets are a large so sometimes my mod will tip over in the jacket pocket. My Merlin Mini and Nautilus tanks do Not leak. The way the Brunhilde is built, I think it will. Has anyone encountered this as I have cleaned up enough juice in my life and don’t feel like experimenting.

Reactions: bigbob2322

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Wow I'm a bit stumped as well Charlie because you have done everything that I would have suggested. Only other 2 things to try is maybe roughing up the ends of the cables and maybe compress the cotton a bit just before it goes into the coil but still leaving the tails fluffy. I hope these suggestion help fix the problem.
    I pulled the tank apart and took the opportunity to give it a good clean. I roughed up the ends of my cables and noticed that they are almost smooth at each end. No trace of the open cable twists as shown in the pic above. I think it's because they were compressed when cut....are yours like that?? Anyway it may explain the problem. It doesn't matter how I wick it it just isn't wicking unless I tip it right up to allow juice to leak onto the cotton :-x They ARE a tight fit through the cable feed holes so I was loath to try untwisting them.
    I haven't checked the spare set yet....but I will :rolleyes:

ETA. I've tried the cotton tighter than I usually would in the coil and it's worse!! I use Mavaton X so there's never a problem with fluffy dense tails.

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I pulled the tank apart and took the opportunity to give it a good clean. I roughed up the ends of my cables and noticed that they are almost smooth at each end. No trace of the open cable twists as shown in the pic above. I think it's because they were compressed when cut....are yours like that?? Anyway it may explain the problem. It doesn't matter how I wick it it just isn't wicking unless I tip it right up to allow juice to leak onto the cotton :-x They ARE a tight fit through the cable feed holes so I was loath to try untwisting them.
    I haven't checked the spare set yet....but I will :rolleyes:

ETA. I've tried the cotton tighter than I usually would in the coil and it's worse!! I use Mavaton X so there's never a problem with fluffy dense tails.
    I'm going to have to say bad cables because the only other thing would be a vacuum lock, it's a longshot but have you tried different coil heights. I took 5 chain vapes and pulled off the top cap and this what it looked like, also I pulled up one cotton tail showing the cable ends on mine.

20211222_043522.jpg

20211222_045353.jpg

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I'm going to have to say bad cables because the only other thing would be a vacuum lock, it's a longshot but have you tried different coil heights. I took 5 chain vapes and pulled off the top cap and this what it looked like, also I pulled up one cotton tail showing the cable ends on mine.

View attachment 965769

View attachment 965771
    Yup I think you might be right. Here's mine after 5 chainvapes and the top of the cable which looks pretty similar to yours. Only other thing I can think of is high VG juice!!

20211222_151433.jpg
    20211222_151533.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread