Vaper friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Don't know about Eugene... I live in Clackamas and took my sons to the mall to get them shoes on monday. I vaped occasionally while strolling through. No one said anything, but I caught the glances. While we were in one of the stores that cater to the younger type crowd (Zumiez) I was vaping and the clerk that was helping my son said "Is that one of those water vapor things?" I said "yeah" (feeling a little... I don't know... unprepared for ?) and the clerk said "Cool, me and my buddy have been looking at those. Smoke anywhere you want..." So I gave him a quick demo, pointed him here and it was just back to normal. I have yet to see another vaper here in my area or anywhere I have been yet... I hear there are more of us in Oregon, but have yet to run across a fellow vaper in the wild. LOL!

It was kinda nice to have this response as I have had a lot of gawkers before, but no one has ever actually asked me about it. In a weird way, I wish more people would ask me. I am not an obnoxious vaper, don't stand in a tight group, blow huge clouds of vapor, or otherwise act overly animated while vaping in public. I don't hide it or stealth vape either. I am still a little self conscious thinking "OMG...they are looking at me", but that is getting better. My PV does not look like an anlog, so people obviously know I am not actually smoking a cigarette, but I know the looks I have gotten range from curious to ...... off and disapproving while passing by. I don't always vape while shopping in every store either, but the mall is not one of my favorite places and the stores my son's dig get on my last nerve pretty quicky...:blink: so, yeah, I was definately gonna vape.

We also went bowling at a local alley on Saturday evening and I vaped there as well. Nada... lookers but no takers...

Anyway, I will continue to keep my eyes peeled for fellow vapers in my area and vape in places where I feel it is OK to do so. I do not look forward to the day where I am confronted in a hostile manner, but already know I will handle it with grace and respect. I am not interested in getting into a pi$$ing match with anyone, nor do I want to be viewed as an obnoxious vaper.
Peace and good luck to you! Get out there and just do it!

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Thanks... It just takes some getting use to.. I have been vaping in my building at work and in my office.. I work for a bunch of doctors and they have been encouraging. I've also vaped in circle k. Had a couple people ask me about it and others I know want to but don't. It's the rude looks the bug me but I think they might think I'm doing drugs... This is Eugene. I feel like I need a sign "just vaping not smoking... Feel free to ask me about it" lol. Hope to run into more Vapers or any.. Need to go out with my friends for an adult night and try this in the bars...

chainsaw316

Feb 23, 2012
New Jersey
I get looks all the time at work when I walk by someone vaping. When a manager asks me what I'm doing I simply explain to them that I could be outside smoking a cigarette and costing them money or I can vape and we can all be happy. Never have problems whit them anymore about it. Imagine that.

Friends are cool with it and encourage it. I get looks when I'm out with it but anyone who asks me about it gets a short answer and an encouragement to find out more about vaping at their own leisure. Never been kicked out of anyplace for vaping so I guess thats a good thing.

Zaio

Apr 5, 2012
California
I live in Eugene Oregon and was wondering if anyone knows how friendly it is to people who vape... I don't know any fellow Vapers here other then the few I've started to convert. Being Eugene I would think there would be more of a vaper scene here.

I started vaping here in cali and it seems like its catching on more and more.. I know a lot of people where I work that have used them to quick smoking. but i wouldn't worry about other people seeing you. Believe it or not a lot of people are still just finding out about the world of vaping... weird right. ;)

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
I live in Eugene Oregon...

Me too. Found any vape shops? Hunky Dory has weak disposable gear, Midtown is pretty much out of Blu carts cuzza me and don't carry anything else, and there's a smoke shop in Danebo called GJ's that is going to be getting some stuff "some time next week."

So I wait for the mailman. :)

Maile

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Oregon
Me too. Found any vape shops? Hunky Dory has weak disposable gear, Midtown is pretty much out of Blu carts cuzza me and don't carry anything else, and there's a smoke shop in Danebo called GJ's that is going to be getting some stuff "some time next week."

So I wait for the mailman. :)

Pretty much the same results I had... Except have you gone to four friends cigarettes cheaper? Out in Springfield at pioneer parkway by Safeway? :vapor:They carry 510-t and KGO kits plus a bunch of flavors from NW vapors. In love with the cowboy flavor.. Also NW vapors is near Portland and i usually get my order next day from them.. Hopefully I'll see ya around town vaping. Good luck!

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Maile - thanks for the tip on NW Vapors. They're about 20 miles east of Portland (right around the corner for me) and I hadn't heard about them before. They have a storefront in Vernonia (20 miles east of Portland). I have been frustrated looking for a local ejuice vendor. It will be really nice to avoid the long lag time for ordering and to try juices before committing to an order. Thanks again.

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
Maile- I went out to Five Friends in Springfield and bought a few bottles. They were kind of expensive and I didn't enjoy the flavors I tried, but it's nice to know there is a store I can go in a pinch. The brand is "Taste E-Liquid", and they are $11 per 10ml. I tried Cowboy and Coffee, neither of which I liked, but they are tolerable when mixed together. :)

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
I know how you feel. I had someone walk past me the other day while I was vaping OUTSIDE and start coughing :facepalm: Ridiculousness! But I live in Idaho - I think the only vapers here are the ones I am related to. There are six of us now though, so that's roughly half the state.. ;)

Where at in Idaho? I'm here in Idaho Falls, and the only vapers I know are the 4 or 5 folks I've gotten to consider it.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
I don't know how far Boise is from Idaho Falls, but they just had a nice vape meet there recently. There is a vendor in Boise well Garden City which I understand is surrounded by Boise ;) Not sure if they sponsored it or it is a local group.
Right around 300 miles. I make it to that side of the state maybe once a year if I'm lucky ;).

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think it's much the same everywhere. People know you aren't smoking ... they'd smell it. Vaping is accepted pretty much everywhere I go. I try to be considerate, but I vape when I want to in restaurants, stores, malls, and parking lots. All my non-smoking friends don't even think twice if I vape in their houses.

I vape discreetly in public and blow the vapor downward instead of clouding up the place. Even though it dissipates quickly, you can create a brief cloud with a VG juice. I vape mostly 100% PG and the exhale disappears within a second or two after I exhale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread