Vaperesso Swag question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all!

I’ve had my swag for about six months now and the battery life has been exceptional. I did a dumb thing and charged it on a computer, which the seller warned me against. The battery life is now nonexistent. I replaced the battery hoping for a quick and easy fix, but no luck. Is there any way I could do a hard reset to fix the issue? If so, how does one go about a reset? Much appreciated!

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
In menu there is a setting called default, go to it and select yes.
Only one I know of.
Doubtful it will have any effect though.

What batteries are you using?
Were you only using the one battery and always charging it in the device?
Is the replacement battery brand new?

The main reason for not charging on a PC isn't because a PC will somehow damage it. It is because some USB ports on PCs can't supply very much amperage and it can over tax the PC resulting in USB port failure, overheating of the PC, or catastrophic failure of the PC.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sogomango
In menu there is a setting called default, go to it and select yes.
Only one I know of.
Doubtful it will have any effect though.

What batteries are you using?
Were you only using the battery and always charging it in the device?
Is the replacement battery brand new?

The main reason for not charging on a PC isn't because a PC will somehow damage it. It is because some USB ports on PCs can't supply very much amperage and it can over tax the PC resulting in USB port failure, overheating of the PC, or catastrophic failure of the PC.

I’ve got 18650 3500 3.7 and I’ve always charged it in the device. I haven’t made it to getting the charger yet but I’m planning on getting one now that I have more than one battery. The replacement is brand new, but the shop I got it from was super sketchy.

I didn’t know that about the PC charging! The guy at the sketchy shop was telling me that it could overload the motherboard of the mod when I bought the battery. I questioned it, which was my main reason for seeking out this board. :D

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I’ve got 18650 3500 3.7 and I’ve always charged it in the device. I haven’t made it to getting the charger yet but I’m planning on getting one now that I have more than one battery. The replacement is brand new, but the shop I got it from was super sketchy.

I didn’t know that about the PC charging! The guy at the sketchy shop was telling me that it could overload the motherboard of the mod when I bought the battery. I questioned it, which was my main reason for seeking out this board. :D

In VERY general terms:
1. Charging batteries at higher amperage is more stressful and will shorten their lifespan.
The SWAG charges at 2 amps which is a little rough on them.

2. Internal charging circuits inside mods are not exactly the best for batteries.

3. Batteries are enclosed inside the mod with little to no airflow and therefore the battery and the board tend to get MUCH warmer when charging. (batteries don't like heat)

4. On average, your batteries are good for about 300 to 350 charge cycles before their performance begins to degrade markedly.

5. Batteries are the one thing you should always buy from reputable vendors.

6. Vaping at higher wattages in a single 18650 mod is certainly stressful on them.

I would suggest searching "Mooch battery ratings'. You'll find a lot of good info on battery use as well as recommendations and safety from a reliable trusted tester that we vapers use as the gold standard.

It's difficult to suggest a battery without knowing what your vaping style is ( wattage, etc.).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread