• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapers in Arkansas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Thought I'd bump this old dog to say I've now taken up a new hobby with all the money I've saved by vaping. I'm really surprised at how much extra cash I now have on hand.
Anyway, I'm now a painter. LOL I bought a small tabletop easel, some acrylic paints and a few brushes and am having a ball.
I'm takin' all my painting lessons from the YouTube folks.
Got a paintbrush in one hand and a PV in the other and slappin' paint on a canvas, now. I love it!

Have fun, I am...

Hey, are we still meeting somewhere in Arkansas?

Last edited:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Thought I'd bump this old dog to say I've now taken up a new hobby with all the money I've saved by vaping. I'm really surprised at how much extra cash I now have on hand.
Anyway, I'm now a painter. LOL I bought a small tabletop easel, some acrylic paints and a few brushes and am having a ball.
I'm takin' all my painting lessons from the YouTube folks.
Got a paintbrush in one hand and a PV in the other and slappin' paint on a canvas, now. I love it!

Have fun, I am...

Hey, are we still meeting somewhere in Arkansas?

There is a meet in Springdale up in NW arkansas on the 24th at 2 pm

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Here's my first finished and signed painting.

myclouds1.jpg

This is about my sixth try at making clouds. It's not as easy as the YouTube folks say it is. LOLOL

Last edited:

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Surprisingly enough, those colors are pretty darn close when I compare the two, side by side. On my PC that is.

Little update, here. I've been struggling a bit with this medium of acrylic paints. They dry much too fast for my style. I can't work anything out in the paint. I'm far too slow and methodical.
Well, I just sold all my acrylic stuff and replaced it with oils. I'm now going to be an 'oil painter'. LOL
It'll be a little more expensive but my teacher says it's more up my alley to work with oils instead.
We'll see...

Thanks Dee. I appreciate it muchly...

sjrily

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
Hey Dee - why don't you bring your push pin map to the vape meet on the 24th? It would be cool to see, and maybe add a few more pins!

Little update, here. I've been struggling a bit with this medium of acrylic paints. They dry much too fast for my style. I can't work anything out in the paint. I'm far too slow and methodical.
Well, I just sold all my acrylic stuff and replaced it with oils. I'm now going to be an 'oil painter'. LOL
It'll be a little more expensive but my teacher says it's more up my alley to work with oils instead.
We'll see...

If you revisit acrylics in the future, there is an extending medium that you can add to the paints that keeps them from drying so fast. There's nothing like the colors of oils, though. Be sure to share your first oil painting with us!

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Hey all, I'm in Rogers. I just posted a short note about Spectrum Plus in Fayetteville. Found myself with no juice and a gnawing nic fit in progress. Anybody else find a retail supplier in the area? I'd love to hear about them.

Hi, you should check out eJuiceMonkeys.com, Evolutionary Vaping Supplies . They're in Rogers. (So am I BTW). They are very local.

You might also want to check out.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...l-meeting-sept-24th-2pm-joses-springdale.html

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Thanks, I've checked out eJuiceMonkeys and they look like a great internet supplier, and even offer local pickup (yay!)

I'm also interested in brick-and-mortar retail outlets for those times when you just gotta have something NOW.

I've called ejuicemonkeys one day and gotten it the next day or the day after. They have TONS of juice and carry the eGo etc. (which I think is like the TW stuff.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread