Not open for further replies.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
As usual I've decided to make a video.
browsing the forums this morning I ran across multiple accounts of the dreaded vaper tongue
I neeeed feedback on this one ( not how the video SHOULD have been made, or what it could have been without. Looking for feedback on If the **information** mentioned in the video helped you or not.)

SirTastyVape - Possible vaper tongue fix - YouTube

*EDIT - There is an Off-topic intro which is 35 seconds long. Skip to 36 seconds if this is an issue for you.
Information starts at 37 seconds.

A link that will start the video at 37 seconds here V V V
http://youtu.be/_OtPXIIEjoQ?t=37s

Last edited:

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Not so much on the production of the video(more so feedback in a sense of the product used and information relayed). But I will take your personal feedback into account, I've added an edit to the original post.

Ok.. good good! You aren't taking it personally. . There's potential here. I could turn you into the Channing Tatum of vaping videos..

Are you prepared to work hard and do maybe... hmm.. 40 takes on a video?

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
To begin with you need to tell everyone that "Vaper's Tongue" is a form of Thrush minus the immense pain that is present with normal Thrush. " Vapers Tongue" is a Bacteria that builds up on your tongue from excess vaping which can cause severe dry mouth as it does from HFA Inhalers such as Proair, Combievent, and the worst of all Symbicort.... Proper Oral hygiene such as brushing your tongue while brushing your teeth twice a day with a toothpaste like Colgate or Close-up and rinsing after each brushing with Listerine is a damn good preventative. And if it gets out of control you can go to the Doctor and be put on an oral liquid antibiotic which is made up of several different liquid antibiotics. When you do this treatment you swish this around in your mouth for up to 5 mins and spit. It taste horrible and is very expensive. It is also the treatment that they use for actual Thrush. I have already spoken to a Dr. on this subject who has treated 5 patients with Vapors tongue. 3 where easy to treat with brushing and rinsing 4 times a day while 2 had to be put on the treatment for actual Thrush. My aunt is also this Dr's PA and my grandfather is also a physician so my resources are quite reliable.

Some more info you may want to add is that HYDRATION plays a very big part in the preventative of Vaper's Tongue. Just like thrush Vaper's Tongue can be attributed due to dryness of the mouth.

When you redo your video leave out the Vaping tricks. I was not impressed. Its suppose to be an informative video not a show off. Put a shirt on. Know one cares if you have tats, a 6 pack, or man boobs. Its suppose to be an informative video. get rid of the thug look. either wear the hat right or not at all. Cut out the crappy music....

Just some advice and you asked for feedback....

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Sorry... 40 seconds of mindless techno noise and vaping before you spoke your 1st word exceeded my attention span, and tolerance...
Never saw the video content if there was any....

startrekfacepalm.gif

Last edited:

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
@radar2013
Im not re-doing the video, I'm not trying to get feedback of what would make the video itself better. (I'm not in the market for creating a spectacular view, just an every day guy relaying some helpful information)
When I said feedback I should have been more clear that it was directed towards someone who currently has Vapers Tongue, and whether or not the use of this product helps to Cure...and then prevent.
As far as bashing the intro, It is 35 seconds! Get over it...As far as telling me how to wear a hat, What is ur issue with wearing a hat backwards? .....ing to ..... ..... is one thing, my appearance has nothing to do with your personal opinions. I mentioned hydration, I mentioned Dry mouth, All of your feedback is in the video. Just for being a judgemental ....... id like to mention your ignorance on ACTUAL health since you like to boast about your resources
What Are The Harmful Ingredients In Toothpaste? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Behind the label: Listerine - The Ecologist

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
@radar2013
Im not re-doing the video, I'm not trying to get feedback of what would make the video itself better. (I'm not in the market for creating a spectacular view, just an every day guy relaying some helpful information)
When I said feedback I should have been more clear that it was directed towards someone who currently has Vapers Tongue, and whether or not the use of this product helps to Cure...and then prevent.
As far as bashing the intro, It is 35 seconds! Get over it...As far as telling me how to wear a hat, What is ur issue with wearing a hat backwards? .....ing to ..... ..... is one thing, my appearance has nothing to do with your personal opinions. I mentioned hydration, I mentioned Dry mouth, All of your feedback is in the video. Just for being a judgemental ....... id like to mention your ignorance on ACTUAL health since you like to boast about your resources

Just a simple rhetorical observation...
If people won't watch long enough to actually hear the content of the video, OR if they are too visually distracted by what you're calling "Judgmental" observations to pay attention to the content, then how do you expect to get your message out?

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
@radar2013

Yeah now Im gonna call you out and can care less if the Mods Bing me on this... What will make the video better is having the proper information on a medical issue that you obviously are ignorant to. Vaper's Tongue is a form of Thrush minus the immense pain that accompanies Thrush... Vaper's Tongue is a Bacteria build up. You asked for feedback. YES you should have been more clear of what kind of feedback you wanted but be mindful that you are gonna get feedback from more than just people who have Vaper's Tongue and you are gonna get feedback on more than the treatment.

NOWHERE in my feedback post was I being judgemental towards you. The video yes. You as a person NO. The remark on the hat was feedback, the remark on the shirt, feedback. the remark on the first 35 sec of the video, feedback.

As for my ignorance in medical health. I am going to believe my Doc, A family member who is that Doc's PA with degree, a family member who is a Dr., Oh and the fact that I spent 4 yrs getting my BSA in Nursing (No I did not graduate. I had to drop out 4 months prior to graduating due to having to take care of a sick parent who eventually passed 10 mos later. Tried to graduate early with a gpa of 3.9 but the college would not let me. I did however go back, finished, gradutated, then went back to get my Bachelors in both Music theory and Percussion). I am going to take the advice of those who have not only treated this condition and are currently treating this condition and have had successes treating this condition but who have the degrees to do so before I take yours. You are getting your information from the internet. My rule for believing anything on the internet is 50/50. Let 50% go in one ear and out the other and question the other 50% HARD.

When you post to a forum such as this and state that you want feedback then be able to accept feedback. Whether its feedback about the video OR feedback on the subject of the video.

I'll admit I didn't watch the video in its entirety. Didn't even get past the first 20 sec. I lost interest that quick and from what I have read in a few of the other responses so has others. If you are going to pass out helpful information then be informative, have your facts straight (using more than just the internet, on this seek medical info from a licensed member of the medical field) and be done with it. The 20 secs that I saw was all about you and according to you there is 36 secs of it...

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
If people won't watch long enough to actually hear the content of the video, OR if they are too visually distracted by what you're calling "Judgmental" observations to pay attention to the content, then how do you expect to get your message out?

He asked for feedback and in the same sense cant handle constructive feedback

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com

Refer to the original post.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
Listen to the people. They're right. The intro was a turn-off, and will definitely make people click the happy X on their tab before they even get to any content.

I mean, I didn't hit the X, but only because I got distracted.

Refer to original post.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
He asked for feedback and in the same sense cant handle constructive feedback

You've only given me feedback on how you would like the video produced for your personal liking, NOT the information
For whoever cant handle the 35 second intro, I'm not forcing anyone to watch anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread