Vapetrik's gone AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
I feel obliged to mention that over the last month or so I've become quite the Vapetrik fanboy. My opinion is biased...for good reason of course. Vapetrik's lineup is one of the most unique and complex that I've sampled and I've found that to top it off RiP is just one hell of a nice guy. Enough of that, lets discuss RiP's newest offering, AWOL.

Personally, I really enjoy Vapetrik's branding and this is no exception. The juice is RiP's first to arrive in a glass bottle, adorned with a skull topped by a military helm. The juice itself is a light bluish green color with a bit of cloudiness. It reminds me of the ocean at a tropical beach or a fancy blended drink with an umbrella in it. Those contrasting images carry throughout the juice.

RiP is a master of mixing flavors that shouldn't work together, but do. When I first opened the bottle I got the strong scent of anise. It is balanced by something light and citrusy. Anise and citrus has been done before, but this is unique among those I have sampled. My brain conjures images of grapefruit, bubble gum, and cotton candy, maybe a very light hint of blue raspberry. My girlfriend's first thought was mellon but she nodded enthusiastically when I mentioned bubble gum.

I dropped some in a freshly rebuilt rda and took my first pull. The anise is there and there is plenty of it. RiP says the anise flavoring is his own blend, but I suspect some amount of anise oil. Like others, if left sitting for a day or so, a separation is visible with a thin layer at the top of the bottle. Personally, I like a bold mouth feel and nothing matches anise vapes in that regard. The tongue tingling and slight numbing are there, but very well balanced and in no way overpowering or medicinal as anise can be when used too heavy handed. After a few more pulls and even more so in the following days, I've discovered a multitude of undertones in this juice. My brain still goes to grapefruit and bubblegum. The flavors are light and refreshing. I would not hesitate to call this a "juicy" vape and agree with the description that it truly makes my mouth water. It is tart, balanced by the perfect level of sweetness. Now, if grapefruit bubblegum doesn't sound appealing (and to me it doesn't lol) don't be afraid. I told RiP I had either cracked his recipe or he would laugh his .... off at my guess. He laughed. A lot I would imagine. Not even close. To me this is a good thing. Mystery juices are fun, exciting, and don't suffer from comparisons to any real world counterpart. Apple should taste like apple, but AWOL can taste like whatever it damn well pleases. It's one of those flavors where people will each experience it a little bit differently and it may change up on you from one pull to the next. One thing that is consistent is that it transports me to an island of tart juicy goodness. In the end, I have a hard time adding to, rather than just confirming, RiP's own description. Tangy, check; juicy, check; mouth watering, check. The flavors RiP used to get there are still a mystery. Your guess is as good as mine so feel free to grab a bottle, or six, and chime in. You won't regret it.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Good review :). I don't think I'll ever crack Khlorine's recipe so I have my doubts on AWOL now. lol I've been vaping Khlorine daily since the first release, and am no closer now than I was the first day. Interesting. Strange. Indescribable. Those are the words I keep coming up with any time someone asks me what Khlorine is like.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Good review :). I don't think I'll ever crack Khlorine's recipe so I have my doubts on AWOL now. lol I've been vaping Khlorine daily since the first release, and am no closer now than I was the first day. Interesting. Strange. Indescribable. Those are the words I keep coming up with any time someone asks me what Khlorine is like.

AWOL smells and tastes familiar, I just can't pinpoint the flavors. Khlorine is still a complete mystery. I love them both!

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
Great review!

I loaded up a fresh tank with AWOL yesterday. I am a big fan of Rip's juices and was really looking forward to this one, as I love anise juices. Compared to the other anise juices that I vape all the time, Grenada and Pluid, as well as Magic Fairy, I don't get a lot of anise in AWOL at all. In fact, I can hardly taste any at all. The predominant flavor that I am getting from this juice is cloves. It's definitely the most mellow of the Vapetrik Juices that I have tried. I mean, Khlorine and Coo Ca Choo are both huge flavors and the AWOL tastes muted by comparison. It's still good, but it isn't a flavor slam like the others I have tried.

Aside from the clove spice flavor, I can't yet identify what is going on in AWOL. Per Rip's m.o. He is a master of mixing up juices that keep one guessing.

I'm not sure if this is a re-order for me because it's just a bit too mellow for me. This might also have to do with e fact that I just stopped down to 10mg and this is the first juice in 10 that I have used. I dig Khlorine so much that I will be a Vapetrik customer for as long as I am vaping, and Rip's customer service is impeccable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Great review!

I loaded up a fresh tank with AWOL yesterday. I am a big fan of Rip's juices and was really looking forward to this one, as I love anise juices. Compared to the other anise juices that I vape all the time, Grenada and Pluid, as well as Magic Fairy, I don't get a lot of anise in AWOL at all. In fact, I can hardly taste any at all. The predominant flavor that I am getting from this juice is cloves. It's definitely the most mellow of the Vapetrik Juices that I have tried. I mean, Khlorine and Coo Ca Choo are both huge flavors and the AWOL tastes muted by comparison. It's still good, but it isn't a flavor slam like the others I have tried.

Aside from the clove spice flavor, I can't yet identify what is going on in AWOL. Per Rip's m.o. He is a master of mixing up juices that keep one guessing.

I'm not sure if this is a re-order for me because it's just a bit too mellow for me. This might also have to do with e fact that I just stopped down to 10mg and this is the first juice in 10 that I have used. I dig Khlorine so much that I will be a Vapetrik customer for as long as I am vaping, and Rip's customer service is impeccable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks!

My palate is hardly the most refined and on some level I'm more comfortable with descriptions like "juicy" than trying to guess at actual flavors. My buds also go numb pretty quick to a lot of juices if I don't change it up regularly. I could smell my first bottle of Magic Fairy walking up to the mailbox and now I just get a slight citrus flavor from it. I mention that because now when I find flavors I really like I tend to hold off and cherish just a bit in the the evening. This was my first time with AWOL since reading your comment and I'll be damned, clove! Not sure if its a placebo effect or if RiP really has some clove in there. The last time I had a clove liquid it was so strong it nauseated me and I've steered clear ever since. If in fact it is clove, RiP has a heck of a lot of restraint, being another flavor where a little goes a long way and the other flavors are light to begin with.

Edit: RiP's laughing again lol. No clove whatsoever. Truth told, I don't care if I ever guess his flavors, the mystery is the best part! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread