Vaping and inflamed bowel COLITIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad55485

Nov 10, 2020
Hey everyone,

I've had ulcerative colitis for almost 20 years now. It's been hard. I view myself as being lucky because I have kept my bowel and have access to good treatment.

I'm in a really bad place with my bowel.

I only have a few more drugs available, many have just not worked for me. I'm giving a nicotine vape a go. I've been vaping for 4 days now at 12mg.

I'm not a smoker. Some people quit smoking and then later get the ulcerative colitis diagnosis. Some go back to smoking and then they're good, bowel no inflammation.

Even though I'm not a smoker, I'm still giving nicotine a go. If it doesn't help I'll switch to analogs and give them a go.

Has anyone had success with their colitis through vaping nicotine? I'm on day 4, 12mg. How long do you think I need to vape before calling it quits. If vaping can help my bowel I'd be happy to continue with it.

Thank you

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome. I'm a 9yr colitis sufferer. I smoked 30yrs, quit with vaping and had my first flare 10mths later. I had tapered my nic to zero by then, so after reading about smoking helping, I took my nic back up to 12mg/ml. Hard to say even now if vaping helps. I'm not desperate enough to go back to smoking which possibly may be more effective than vaping.

I'm on Lialda pills and 6 wk courses of IV Remicade biologic which has been working well since '14.

I did try something called WTA, which has added ingredients in it for a bit and that didn't seem to help but may be an option for you to try.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I recall several members who were quite positive on the benefits of vaping - whether from nicotine or some other component. Sorry, but I can't recall their names. They have not been very active the past year or so. I wish I could be more helpful.
    Only met a few other people here and one went into full remission shortly after diagnosed. Really, really hard to test what works and what doesn't. It's very individual.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread