Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
I hate to admit it, but I used to smoke partially because hey, all cool writers smoke and look all beatik-y while they're doing it. Part of what attracted me to e-cigs was the long black stem with a bright colour at the end. Goofy, but what the hey. =) Anyway, my eGo is fantastic, and makes me feel like I'm carrying a stogie around, which is a different kind of cool. When I first saw the blucig, though, the colour and shape really struck me. Are there any pv's that come in that kind of style that a) don't suck and b) that you can get in Canada? I've seen Duras, but I don't know anything about them. Please enlighten me.

hgfloyd

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Atlanta
Jack,
Attached are a few links from vendors I found. I have ordered from Litecigusa and Vaporjunction and the service was great. E-Smoker online has a tone of color options, but I have not used them. I have a 510, KR8 and now a Riva. Really like my 510 and the Riva which is a version of the EGO. Good luck.

VaporJunction, E-Cigarette Supply
Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA
Joye 510 | KR808D-1| E-Cigarette

bex88

Jun 21, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I've ordered TONS of stuff from e-smoker and they are GREAT! As everyone knows sometimes you just get a dud and if I ever have problems he immediatly gets a new one out to me no problem. If regular commercial industry had customer service like the e-cig companies this world would be a better place - lol! E-smoker has great prices, great selection and fast shipping. They are in Florida - I'm in Oregon and I usually receive my order in 3-4 days.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
I would recommend that you checkout v4l. Its a great entry into 3.7v vaping with cartomizers (same unit as the kr-808) and they look pretty good. if you wanna hit high voltage the best lookers are probably the prodigy v3 or the NEW saber touches with the rounded end caps. If you got the cash the the precise line ain't bad... or the precious!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Vape with style? Baby, I can vape with style. *points to user pic*

Although it's not the reason I started smoking, I can relate to the "writers smoking" thing. I'm a writer, and it seems like no one was surprised that I was a smoker, even though someone who looks like me smoking, especially smoking A LOT, as I did, typically gets some confused looks.

It's a stereotype for a reason - it's true.

I was never that concerned with what I looked like smoking cigs - hell, I rolled my own. And I'm still not concerned with what *I* look like vaping, but I am concerned with how my e-cigs look.

I've decorated quite a few of them. I love a 901 atty with a flat-tip cart on my Kr8 battery because it's long and slim, very Breakfast at Tiffany's.

vaping in style can be achieved.

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
LOL, That was my wife exactly. I bought her the pink 501 with the black slim-Tip She thinks it looks so sophisticated. So that was my thought to get her to vape with me when I choose it. I always told her she wasn't a "real smoker" as she didn't really go through a pack until I was around. (yep my fault ;) ) anyhow it provided the looks she needed to quit with me.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I don't get the whole pink thing, I must admit. But that's just me...

I like pretty-fying my own stuff. I bought all my batts in basic black or chrome or white, quit smoking, and they stayed in their plain clothes for quite a while, until I got hit with the creative urge to mod them.

It's just another extension of art to me. I buy blank canvases, and put what I want on them.

But there's no improving those flat-tip carts, I must admit. ;)

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
Vape with style? Baby, I can vape with style. *points to user pic*

Although it's not the reason I started smoking, I can relate to the "writers smoking" thing. I'm a writer, and it seems like no one was surprised that I was a smoker, even though someone who looks like me smoking, especially smoking A LOT, as I did, typically gets some confused looks.

It's a stereotype for a reason - it's true.

I was never that concerned with what I looked like smoking cigs - hell, I rolled my own. And I'm still not concerned with what *I* look like vaping, but I am concerned with how my e-cigs look.

I've decorated quite a few of them. I love a 901 atty with a flat-tip cart on my Kr8 battery because it's long and slim, very Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Vaping in style can be achieved.

Haha, it sounds like you and I are very similar in style in a lot of ways. I have to maintain my punk mystique + 1930s black and white film thing, you know. ;) I'm the same way; smoking cigarettes never concerned me, but vaping is a totally different thing. I'm pleased atm with my eGo, but I am definitely going to get a second long slender thingummy for when I feel Swellegant. Most of the people who I know who vape IRL are guys, and they always seem a little surprised to see a girl doing it, as well. Whatever, I say. =) Thanks for your input! I have been considering flat-tips myself and will probably stock up next time I put in a juice order.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Just say something similar to when I'd get snarky comments about smoking: second-hand vapor causes second-hand coolness. Or tell them I just switched to an e-cig from farting, how do you like me now?

BTW: I think the glamour of smoking ended for me about the time I turned 17 and realized I now have a habit that extends way beyond times that I was smoking with an audience. Now that I'm turning into a surly old man I really don't care what other people think.

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
There's not really any glamour in it for me, since I never really smoked with an audience at all. I'm 45 and certainly don't care what people think about me, but like most people, I have things that I do that make me feel attractive to myself, and that's what it's all about for me. Some people have perfect hair, some people have perfect nails, but I have perfect crazy hair, and I look good in a fedora. I guess it's probably not as important for men to feel attractive in the same ways, but for me, and I think for most women, it's important in one way or another. =)

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I never feel particularly glamorous. Believe it or not, I don't spend more than 3 minutes looking in the mirror in the morning - and that's when I'm brushing my teeth.

It's *other* people who see that. I just kinda take their word for it.

To myself, I always feel awkward and kind of physically unaware of myself. But everyone else goes "Oh yeah, that writer chick. She smokes. Surprise surprise."

And now "She vapes. What? Pretty battery..."

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
How I looked smoking was never an issue, but style has always been an issue for me. I love to look at visually pleasing things.

I was attracted to the look of the blu cigs myself and thought them cool looking. I was fortunate to find ecf before making that leap and discovered the sleek 510. As a cautionary tale to you, the 510s have a lot less life to them than your eGo. So if you take a 510 out with you on your sojourns, I recommend that you get the personal charging case. This way you will have a fully charged back-up.

I love my Riva (which resembles the eGo) and it indeed looks like a stogie...but in my color, platinum, a very elegant, art deco looking one. :)

Last edited:

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
I've decided to replace my red tip batteries with more colorful led versions. Partly due to the red tip looking like a normal cigarette, and partly because I like the more colorful ones. I have green, blue, and purple now and am vaping like the second coming of Walt Disney.

I've been wondering if there is a way to put a jewel on the end instead of the plastic fake looking ash.

NinetyNine

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Syracuse NY
I've been wondering if there is a way to put a jewel on the end instead of the plastic fake looking ash.

I suspect that, with a 510, you can catch the little notch on the led cover with a screwdriver and pop it off. Haven't tried it yet, as I don't want to break a battery if I'm wrong.

If you can, then just hot glue a replacement of your choosing on it.

I'd like to replace it with some sort of focusing lens, so I can vape and lase stuff at the same time. That would be sweet.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread