Vaping and Tooth Fillings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an odd problem when it comes to vaping. I stopped vaping and went back to smoking a few months back due to an odd problem I was having. When I was vaping I was noticing something odd happening. I have a old-school metal filling in one of my molars, the rest are the synthetic tooth colored polymers. When I was vaping over the course of a few days I would start too get some odd metallic/battery taste on that molar. It would linger for a few days. I noticed the connection when I forgot to charge my ecigs at my buddys place for a week or so. After I picked them back up and started again the odd battery taste would come back.

It was nothing threatening to my dental or physical health that I know of but does anyone know what could have been doing this? I would like to go back to the delicious flavor but the annoyance of the taste of licking a 9-volt for 3 days is making it difficult to reconsider.

For those wondering I was using ECBlendFlavor.com eliquid.
Flavors:
Dragons Blood
Dragons Tears
Vanilla Coke
Dr. Pepper
Mtn. Dew

Ecig:
Smokeless Image Volt

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My first guess is that you have a sensitive filling. Aluminum foil touching a filling used to do that to me on certain fillings. Mouth dryness might contribute to it also. Try staying hydrated. Vaping dries out your mouth. Propylene glycol (and VG) absorb water readily. The aluminum foil test might reveal to you that the filling needs to be replaced.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sometimes, it's a filling that has "leaked" and allowed decay to start underneath the filling. They get sensitive then. Do hot or cold liquids generate a response? What you are describing is classic of a dying nerve in a tooth. I've had that and would have sudden sensitivity, intermittent pain, and a sensitivity to temperatures, hot or cold.

An Xray might reveal something. I'd see the dentist. This is not something that I've heard discussed in over 2 1/2 years on this board. If it were common, there would likely be threads to talk about it. Something like 13,000 people have logged in here in the last 30 days.

Last edited:
The filling is relatively new. Its only during the vaping that I notice this. I have a dentist appointment on the 20th so I am going to ask to get it checked. Cold and Hot beverages dont bother in at all but if I place a piece of ice on it there is pain but it has been that way since it was put in.

Thanks for all the info, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread