vaping around 5 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I'm curious why a lot of variable voltage mods and batteries don't go down to 5 watts? I know there's always the variable voltage settings to play with, but I'm wondering... nobody else vapes at 5 watts?

5 watts is around the power level of a lot of KR808 cig-a-likes. It just seems like a good place to start. I have tried borrowing an eGo Twist and vaping higher voltage settings, and I don't care for the flavor as much, particularly with non-tobacco flavors. Fruits in particular start to taste cooked, at least with the equipment I am using (CE4 top-coil clearomizers).

I'm currently vaping a KR808 and an unregulated eGo, so I am just wanting to explore variable voltages and regulated devices, but wondering if it's worth it if I'm happy with lower wattage. One thing I don't like about the unregulated eGo- it starts off hot off the battery, so the flavor changes as you vape.

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
5 watts on my VTR is a pretty cool hit with low vapor.

It's ok.. but variable wattage devices are more about nice warm hits at about 10 watts most the time.
at least that is my preference. It's going to vary with different juice but there is a lot to be said for a rich warm hit at around 10 watts.

I do like spinners and twists with a mini protank when I'm out running around.
It's all good on whatever device if you like it.. that's all that matters.

If you're getting cooked hits.. you're running it too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread