• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping at Camp Randall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensteffen23

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 9, 2009
Port Washington, WI
I was thinking more like, openly vaping. I know those in my immediate area won't have a problem with it (season tickets) but I was worried that someone may take offense from a distance and notify security.

You know, this is Madison we're talking about here.

Thats true I don't know how I forgot what a liberal hell it is out there.

"It's all just a bunch of tree huggin hippie crap"

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
You know, this is Madison we're talking about here.

I've vaped extremely openly (at the bar, in front of the bartender) at the Dry Bean in Fitchburg....with other people around me...and had NO problems whatsoever....nobody even looked at me sideways.

Of course, that was with the stick, so it didn't LOOK like a cig, even though I was blowing good amounts of vape.

I keep wondering if I shouldn't get a cheap, analog-looking PV and try again, just to see if the reactions are different than when I use one of my power mods vs something that LOOKS like a cig. It would be an interesting test of how perceptions motivate the commoners.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
"It's all just a bunch of tree huggin hippie crap"

Tree huggin hippie's aren't going to show up at a football game to stop you from vaping,,, lol. When the Badgers make a good play, everyone will be cheering and won't notice you taking a puff. Hopefully, there will be plenty of oppertunities for that!!

BTW Vicks, if you're looking for something that really looks like a cig and works pretty decent, try an L88. I got one as a freebie for buying a bunch of stuff from a company running a special, but I actually like it. (of course it can't compete with a mod or a 510 for vapor production, but it does include a PCC, and it's got a high exposed heating coil that's great for dipping)

bensteffen23

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 9, 2009
Port Washington, WI
You know what is funny . . .

I got a 40x to start with. Looked EXACTLY like an analog and no one cared but I did it in openly smoking places. Then I got a black 901 and started quietly in restricted places. Then I got a 510 and TRIED to rile people, mixed reaction but not much I couldn't explain. Now I am back to looking for something in white and tan to REALLY make people look. I can't seem to find a 510 in those colors domestically :(

It just seems that this is a normal progression for vapers isn't it?

BriDog67

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Wisconsin USA
Well I decided not to chance it and just tough it out instead so I left my 510 in the car. I guess it's safe to say now that I wasn't there dressed in Badger red as I normally am. This time I was sporting the Maize and Blue (born in and lived in MI most of my life) so that was also a concern.

On a side note I have to say I was really disappointed in the whole experience. Not that MI lost, I fully expected that, but in the demeanor of many fans. I have never taken so much verbal abuse at a football game in my life. I've also never witnessed that here before and totally did not expect it. I'm not talking about general "your team sucks" razzing, that's normal. But this was a non stop barrage of personal attacks from all angles both to and from the game (not during). I was more disappointed than angry as I've always felt that WI fans were generally a classy bunch and I've always respected them for that reason. I'm sad to say that I've lost a little bit of that respect. They're still my 2nd favorite team but I doubt I'll ever go to another MI game there.

Thank God I didn't bring the kids.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Well I decided not to chance it and just tough it out instead so I left my 510 in the car. I guess it's safe to say now that I wasn't there dressed in Badger red as I normally am. This time I was sporting the Maize and Blue (born in and lived in MI most of my life) so that was also a concern.

On a side note I have to say I was really disappointed in the whole experience. Not that MI lost, I fully expected that, but in the demeanor of many fans. I have never taken so much verbal abuse at a football game in my life. I've also never witnessed that here before and totally did not expect it. I'm not talking about general "your team sucks" razzing, that's normal. But this was a non stop barrage of personal attacks from all angles both to and from the game (not during). I was more disappointed than angry as I've always felt that WI fans were generally a classy bunch and I've always respected them for that reason. I'm sad to say that I've lost a little bit of that respect. They're still my 2nd favorite team but I doubt I'll ever go to another MI game there.

Thank God I didn't bring the kids.
WHAT?! You're a Michigan Fan? How did you ever get on this forum you dirty, miserable, #&%*:evil:

OK - just kidding. You tell a sad story. How long has it been since your last visit at Camp Randall? Wondering if bad manners just started recently or maybe it depends on the visiting team OR maybe too many BEERS. Either way, doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your time & money:(

BriDog67

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Wisconsin USA
I go to football and basketball games every year but like I said, I'm usually there supporting the Badgers. I have never witnessed anybody screaming obscenities at anyone there supporting the opposition to that degree before. And because of that, I've always had the utmost respect for UW and the fans. You're probably right on all 3 theories though.

We also witnessed the police and paramedics tending to a Michigan fan who was layed out on the sidewalk with blood everywhere. But he could have just as easily been drunk and obnoxious himself but that's still no excuse. I felt bad for anyone who had children with them.

An example, and I quote; "Take your sorry *** back to Michigan you ******* piece of ****. And take that nasty ******* ***** of a ***** with you". (referring to my wife)

I mean c'mon, really? Your team just won convincingly and your bitter about what? The high road was an uphill climb both ways but we made it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of folks who represent UW with class and dignity, it just would've been nice to see more of them this time around.

Next time, if there is one, I'll know to avoid Regent Street and surrounding neighborhoods and just slip in on the less intoxicated side.

:-x

</end rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread