• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping banned at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Well it does not come under the smoking ban, but they can introduce any 'reasonable' conduct rules they wish.

First off contact your HR manager and ask why they want to push you back to smoking deadly cigarettes by banning a safer alternative. Ask them if they are declaring harm reduction strategy - as endorsed by Cancer Research UK - as unacceptable and if so ask for reasons with supporting scientific research.

If no luck, I would contact HR again and tell them that you consider your cliical nicotine addiction to be a medical condition and that you are going to see somebody about how this falls under the disability discrimination act. It might get them running around into meetings at least.

diddy

Oct 12, 2009
Northumberland
I must be lucky here! I work in a major supermarket (tap your pocket!) and they ,of course, have a smoking ban. However, I approached the store manager, showed him my PV, explained that I wanted to stop smoking etc etc. He checked with head office, and hey presto! I am allowed to use it in the canteen..don't have to go out to the wet and windy shelter. I use it fairly discreetly. One or two people thought I was smoking ,and several have shown interest. so far though no-one else has got one..despite the fact that I was a 20/30 a day smoker and have only had 3 cigs in the past 2months...hopefully no more though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread