Vaping - Chest pains/bloating/shortness of breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Topwater, what vg/pg juice do you vape now, if you still vape?

What I suggested in a previous post, 50/50, now down to 3mg/ml nic, from a starting point of 36mg/ml nic when quitting a 2.5 pack per day cig habit.

There is no way I could've used any higher than the 36mg/ml at first, I cut down from 36 to 24 mg/ml within the first 3 weeks of vaping.
The high nic concentration you've been using is ludicrous, especially for a non/never smoker.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glad you decided to stop. If symptoms persist, see a doctor.

To be frank, a nicotine buzz is EQUALLY lame, and usually doesn't happen much after those first few cigarettes. I wasn't smoking for a "nic buzz" by the time I reached my 3ppd habit. .I NEVER got one. What I got was 18 months straight pneumonia, a Ton of health costs, and almost a COPD diagnosis.

So, I'd quit now while you are ahead.

I should also point out LIFE is a buzz. IF you need an adrenaline rush or anything else, well, go here: http://healthnetsolutions.com/dsp/PleasantEventsSchedule.pdf

Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have experience stemming from the late 70's through the mid 90's...... Anything you intentionally abuse to get a buzz will have several negatives attached to it. Personally, I absolutely hate the over nic'd feeling. It's quite awful.
You could always cover yourself from head to toe with patches? :eek:

MarkyMark556

May 15, 2018
Hahahaha man I hated it at first because it just made me nauseous and feel sick. I actually started vaping for the taste i really wanted to try new flavors and such and see what all the hype was about, but then the buzz started to make me less nauseous after a while and make me feel a little tranquil and relaxed. I've never used any type of substance before vaping. Funny how they make something to help smokers but also ends up being used by nonsmokers as well.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hahahaha man I hated it at first because it just made me nauseous and feel sick. I actually started vaping for the taste i really wanted to try new flavors and such and see what all the hype was about, but then the buzz started to make me less nauseous after a while and make me feel a little tranquil and relaxed. I've never used any type of substance before vaping. Funny how they make something to help smokers but also ends up being used by nonsmokers as well.

There is always a runner's high.. that one is awesome.. :thumbs: beats nicotine all to hell and you can breathe..

• Agree
Reactions: Possum64

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Can I answer for him?

"It's too much effort."

Heh. My sister runs MARATHONS. She also quit cigarettes COLD turkey. LOL, there are times I hate her. Not often, and frankly, marathon's look AWFUL to me. IDK why ANYONE would do all that when they can just vape instead. LOL. It think it's her "crutch" her time away from the kids, the job, etc. Or, perhaps, maybe like me, she just wants to RUN away, sometimes, and she's practicing for the day.

Anna

Reactions: MarkyMark556

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sorry to burst your bubble @MarkyMark556 , but I do an hour and a half of yoga most days. That's my particular brand of addiction.

I personally find it WAY cooler than vaping (I vape because I am a former smoker in recovery) although I will also agree that vaping is great.

IF I could have gone cold turkey I totally would have. It seems the only time I can quit is when pregnant and nursing, but it's not really a good viable long term quit smoking strategy. When I suggested it to my doctor, he said, "Anna. Come on. I know you by now. You could have 20 kids and still smoke again at the end of it." LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nope, but a lot of questions about shin splints, only the don't call it that. They call it, "I ran until I couldn't anymore, and my sneakers died, so the soles of my feet hurt too."

I've never been to a runner's forum, but I bet you'd find some variant of that. LOL. I HAVE found however, that human behavior can be predictive, a lot of the time. It kind of makes me want to do a search. But, I am about to wax my legs (perhaps) for the first time, I've grown them out in preparation and I want to look half presentable tonight.

I have done zero research, so perhaps my waxing forum question is going to be "You mean I had to use this wax holder thingy, you don't just put the wax in the oven? I thought heating it up better would be... better." LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Nope, but a lot of questions about shin splints, only the don't call it that. They call it, "I ran until I couldn't anymore, and my sneakers died, so the soles of my feet hurt too."

I've never been to a runner's forum, but I bet you'd find some variant of that. LOL. I HAVE found however, that human behavior can be predictive, a lot of the time. It kind of makes me want to do a search. But, I am about to wax my legs (perhaps) for the first time, I've grown them out in preparation and I want to look half presentable tonight.

I have done zero research, so perhaps my waxing forum question is going to be "You mean I had to use this wax holder thingy, you don't just put the wax in the oven? I thought heating it up better would be... better." LOL.

Anna
Torch. Faster and cheaper . You're welcome.

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona
Nicotine level in Juul is 50mg.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smoked a pack or more of cigarettes every day for 35 years.

I switched to vaping liquid that is .6mg of nicotine, without a real hiccup. The very idea of 50mg or more (? did you say 60?) is enough to make me feel ill.

I highly recommend a new hobby!

Start a garden.
Learn to paint.
Collect something.
Volunteer at a soup kitchen or animal rescue outfit.
Go tour the world.
Dancing lessons?
Write a book? (How -and why- to quit a 50mg nicotine habit)

I'm sure with a bit of brainstorming, you can find a lot of things you'd rather do, that will make you just as excited and "buzzed" when you spend time with it.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Anna

After my last infusion I was prepared to feel the pain of ripping the tape off, there wasn't much.
Later that weekend through the fog I remembered I stuck my hand in the way of a torch and burned all the hair off. I bet you won't forget the waxing experience.
I recommend a torch over waxing:lol:

Exercise is horrible. It really makes me feel ill. And before anyone tells me to see a Dr, 4 times a year is a light year (and that's just Dr's, not including the at least 6 procedures where I'm well monitored).

Torch. Faster and cheaper . You're welcome.
OMG! I was writing that as you posted!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Nothing over exaggerated about it...

What you did with zero research was,,, well, no other way to put it, ignorant, possibly dangerous, certainly a bad idea, and you didn't think to listen to your own body when it was telling you it wasn't happy about what you were doing to it...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I wonder if there's new people showing up on the Runners Forum saying:

I just ran 87 miles as fast as I can and now I'm in the hospital. I've never run before . Does this ever happen to you guys?

There are a LOT of websites telling you how to get into the habit of exercising without getting injured for a reason..

Lots of idiots try and go from zero to 50 the first day, hurt so bad they can't walk the next and then decide exercise isn't for them.. lol.

True true true.. probably worse when those 5k runs for charity come about too. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread