Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I'm just shooting in the dark here, and this may have been covered before...

I'm wondering if there have been any sort of class/ meets to educate anyone that may be curious about vaping? Like an open to the public meeting. Ideally you would have several steps of upgrades from cig a likes to reos and all the in between to explain exactly what they are and do and allow people to try them, and maybe have stuff ready to place orders. I mean there are "parties" like this for purses, makeup, Tupperware, food items, and so on and so forth.

So wouldn't something like this be a great idea for a company to take on to make more money and educate the public and smokers on what to expect from e cigarettes etc?

I'm just curious because there is no b&m within a two hour drive for me, I'm sure its the same for a lot of people. If it wasn't for the mall kiosk guy I wouldn't even know what an e cig was (thankfully I didn't get dragged into that scam lol) but it was an eye opener that the option was even out there. Supposedly only 20% of people in America smoke but I can tell you in my county that number is probably a lot closer to 40-50% or more.

Thoughts?

By the way sorry for rambling, and I'm not talking about opening a business just was curious about people's thoughts

STiZzle2010

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Rhode Island, USA
Not a bad idea. I have only been vaping for 3 weeks and I am quite the newb. I was barely able to understand the basics so I could get what I needed to start. Between the help of ECF and my local B&M, I was able to start but I am still clueless about a whole lot. This would definitely be beneficial for someone like me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Definitely. It could help a lot, but I'm also thinking one on one interaction and to spread info to places that don't have 50 vape shops in 50 miles. There is a good portion of people that rarely if ever go to large cities where these are usually located

It's not a bad idea. A couple of the shops near me definitely have the room for something like that, they have lounges as part of their store. I know they also do meet ups for company demonstrations, like Smok and a couple of liquid vendors. One of my local shops also does regular "biggest cloud" type competitions.

Video is also an option - YouTube has tons of newbie videos, but I don't think I've seen one like you're describing.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I'm just thinking the company that breaks into this market would be making a killing. I mean these companies that sell candles and what not, while the tier system for the employees suck, really do work. People are compulsive buyers for the most part and I've seen time and again at these home parties women drop $4-500 on overpriced junk they could really get at Walmart for less than 1/4 of the price. The difference is the sales rep is throwing out the "superior quality" lines and all the other sales schemes that go along with it

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I would say 24/7 on ECF...but yeah..people seem to try to make things more complicated for new users. I use to be really bad about being too techy..especially with ohm's law, but then I realized, "wow, it doesn't matter if you don't know this stuff..(without using mechanicals)"

Only real important tech part people should know about is battery ratings, regardless of what it is/going into.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm just shooting in the dark here, and this may have been covered before...

I'm wondering if there have been any sort of class/ meets to educate anyone that may be curious about vaping? Like an open to the public meeting. Ideally you would have several steps of upgrades from cig a likes to reos and all the in between to explain exactly what they are and do and allow people to try them, and maybe have stuff ready to place orders. I mean there are "parties" like this for purses, makeup, Tupperware, food items, and so on and so forth.

So wouldn't something like this be a great idea for a company to take on to make more money and educate the public and smokers on what to expect from e cigarettes etc?

I'm just curious because there is no b&m within a two hour drive for me, I'm sure its the same for a lot of people. If it wasn't for the mall kiosk guy I wouldn't even know what an e cig was (thankfully I didn't get dragged into that scam lol) but it was an eye opener that the option was even out there. Supposedly only 20% of people in America smoke but I can tell you in my county that number is probably a lot closer to 40-50% or more.

Thoughts?

By the way sorry for rambling, and I'm not talking about opening a business just was curious about people's thoughts

oopps wrong forum. sorry

Utube is full of 'how to' videos with just about every device you can think of. From beginning to advanced.
just google what it is you are looking for. i.e.

Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

you get the idea. LOL

good luck.
:)

Last edited:

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
I think it's easy to forget that people don't understand coils/ watts/ ohms etc when you're experienced

true that, things like clearomizers, cartos, rda is just called a top when your new. heard coils being called everything too like heads or screw in thingys etc lol. honestly anyone who hasnt needed to cheek for a certain battery thats not easily available at a local store wont understand the differances there can be between two identical looking batteries with same voltage.

something that breaks down the ecig terms for new users to understand and explains usage would be a good thing to have.:):):)

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Lol yes YouTube and ECF forum do have a lot of information, I guess I'm meaning the people that have no idea what an e cig is or something along those lines. I mean they've been around for years but there are tons of people only just finding out they exist or getting frustrated with the mall/ gas station/ Walmart set up and giving up because so many won't do the research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread