JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Many universities banned vaping on campus long before the recent hysteria. Enforcing the ban is another issue.
Think this is outrageos? Not when compared with employers refusing to employ "nicotine users". Some hospitals will ask new recruits to sign a statement stating they don't use nicotine in any form; smoking, vaping, gum, patch ...etc. And they will test them for that. One positive test results in a warning. A second one results in losing job.
Just google "employer not hiring smokers", and you'll be surprised (and disgusted)

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
It's a mercy if you consider the department of education's management of student loans. Basically, the board is telling you to handle your exam stress with a pack of ciggies, effectively taking a week off of your debt riddled post uni life for every test. Land (i.e. tobacco plantation), sea, space but not health sciences eh?

Edit: Ah, I see others have taken a thorough look at the substance policies of TAM. Glad they're at least consequential:D Healthy, long and destitute living it is.

Edit again: It seems there's also quite a bit of scholarship money going around there. Don't you just hate it when you disagree with something a place does and then find out they're actually halfway decent?

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Students could vape only in their dorm rooms. Stealth vape, or MTL Tootle Puffer vape, only eliquids that smell like lemon, pumpkin spice, apple, vanilla, or any of numerous other scents of air fresheners or candles. Anyone smells their vapor...just stash the vape and have the aerosol can or wall plug-in air freshener, or candle (with the wick showing it's been used) handy...for the corresponding eliquid they were vaping. Someone comments on the smell or questions it, could just say, "Oh, you must've smelled the _________I've been using in here. It does make the room smell a whole lot better, doesn't it?" :thumbs:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm usually carrying an original Pico with a small rda on top and have learned to take a puff virtually anywhere. If it's noticed the impact is so minimal nobody cares. It's being called a moral panic. This too shall pass.

There was a demonstration in Ohio where 400 showed up. The governor decided against executive action and asks the legislature to act instead. Wise choice.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Students could vape only in their dorm rooms. Stealth vape, or MTL Tootle Puffer vape, only eliquids that smell like lemon, pumpkin spice, apple, vanilla, or any of numerous other scents of air fresheners or candles. Anyone smells their vapor...just stash the vape and have the aerosol can or wall plug-in air freshener, or candle (with the wick showing it's been used) handy...for the corresponding eliquid they were vaping. Someone comments on the smell or questions it, could just say, "Oh, you must've smelled the _________I've been using in here. It does make the room smell a whole lot better, doesn't it?" :thumbs:
Won't be easy anymore with vape detectors being installed everywhere :(
...Technology catching up

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
...Technology catching up

It says in video the sensors can pick up the “signature odor” of e-cigarettes. Interesting, I wonder what that is? My guess is it picks up water vapor in which case I’d imagine locker rooms being a problem with the showers running or anyone who likes to use hot water to wash their hands after a piss. I don’t support kids vaping but this Is just more of the same overreaction that will have zero effect. I imagine any kid vaping in the bathroom is just gonna bury the hit anyway making these detectors obsolete, except for their amazing ability to pick up on ecigs “signature odor”.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
It says in video the sensors can pick up the “signature odor” of e-cigarettes. Interesting, I wonder what that is? My guess is it picks up water vapor in which case I’d imagine locker rooms being a problem with the showers running or anyone who likes to use hot water to wash their hands after a piss. I don’t support kids vaping but this Is just more of the same overreaction that will have zero effect. I imagine any kid vaping in the bathroom is just gonna bury the hit anyway making these detectors obsolete, except for their amazing ability to pick up on ecigs “signature odor”.
Yep. I doubt these detectors work well or are fool proof. But they are enough to discourage the behavior.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

They'll likely just find out that one of the cheap disposable shower caps, (like hotels put in rooms with shampoo, soaps, etc.), placed over the detector...usually renders it useless.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Many universities banned vaping on campus long before the recent hysteria. Enforcing the ban is another issue.
Think this is outrageos? Not when compared with employers refusing to employ "nicotine users". Some hospitals will ask new recruits to sign a statement stating they don't use nicotine in any form; smoking, vaping, gum, patch ...etc. And they will test them for that. One positive test results in a warning. A second one results in losing job.
Just google "employer not hiring smokers", and you'll be surprised (and disgusted)

it's not just hospitals there is a long list of large employers who will not hire nicotine users including governmental.

The city of Dayton as of July 15, the city no longer will hire workers who use tobacco or nicotine at any time
Dayton’s decision to stop hiring smokers sparks reaction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread