Vaping day 5! Progress ? or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Scotsman

Oct 13, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, let me know how I am doing? I am STILL smoking analogs, but have cut it at least in half, maybe a little more. Well probably a little more. Received some flavors of ejuice from a great guy on here B! Have tried a couple so far. LOVE the Apple cinnamon! But here is my issue, I purchased butterscotch when I bought my kit. Now WHENEVER I smoke that first EVERYTHING tastes like butterscotch after that. Even tobacco and switching to a new cartridge. I had one cartridge that was ONLY tobacco, 1 that was ONLY butterscotch, and then a couple others I have mixed. I want to buy some cartos, think that MIGHT help. But this butterscotch is WAY overpowering. I only vaped it ONCE and that was Friday, now on Monday, I am still tasting Butterscotch and am using tobacco for two day now? What am I doing wrong? Also is there anything I can do to cut down the cravings for an analog? I at least switched to Marlboro 72's , (I kindly refer to them as the baby cigarettes) but still want one. I honestly think if I could find the flavor that is like tobacco WITHOUT the funky after taste I would be alright!??

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
If you are still craving/smoking analogs, don't worry, it's early days. You might consider a higher nic juice. 24 mg.

Some of us quit analogs on the first day, but for most it's a learning process of finding what is right for you. Good luck!

And you will also find great benefit in reading the success stories from others on this forum.

By the way, I like butterscotch, but maybe your tastebuds need a rest from it.

Evil Scotsman

Oct 13, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If you are still craving/smoking analogs, don't worry, it's early days. You might consider a higher nic juice. 24 mg.

Some of us quit analogs on the first day, but for most it's a learning process of finding what is right for you. Good luck!

And you will also find great benefit in reading the success stories from others on this forum.

By the way, I like butterscotch, but maybe your tastebuds need a rest from it.

Thanks Nick, I am using 24mg, at least that is what the carts they sent, the tobacco and bs juice I ordered. BUT the other flavors I was using were I think 12mg? So you are right maybe that is why I am still craving? But I only vaped the BS for about 1/2 a day, it is WAY over the top hahahaha Thanks

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I started with 18 and 24mg, but recently got a small bottle of 30mg. I am using the 30mg for my hard craving moments and the lower nics the rest of the day. Seems to be working. Yesterday, I only smoked 2.5 analogs and that is the best day I have had so far.

It is going something like this for me. I am vaping 24mg when I first get up. Then maybe 5 - 7 draws on the 30mg for the after breakfast craving (the morning craving and after breakfast are my strongest moments) - then back to the 24mg for another hour or so. Then during the day 18mg and touching on the 24mg or 30mg if needed as the day goes on... Yesterday I only vaped on the 30mg 2 or 3 times. I got me through the day.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Hey Scotsman, you're doing great!! Don't count the number of analogs you smoke. Count the ones you DON'T smoke!! Each one is a victory for you!! As far as the juice...that seems to be an ongoing issue with vaping for most. There are so many flavors and makers, it's a tall task to find the ones that work for you. Luckily I have simple taste...menthol. When you buy juice, purchase small amounts so you aren't wasting a ton of money on juice you don't like.

Once you get your vape figured out, you'll stop the analogs. Just a matter of time...don't sweat it my friend.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You're using tanks? Have you tried cartomizers? IMO get some Boge cartomizers and learn to use them. You could keep clingy flavors totally separate with cartomizers so they aren't mixing in the atomizer. And/or keep the tobacco in the cartomizer so it's not mixed with anything. The 3 ohm cartos are warm and easier to learn on, and the 2 ohm ones are hotter with more hit. I use PG w/ 20% or less VG in them (30% VG will work but I think the carto performs well the longest with 20% or less).

Then figure out how well or poorly different flavors satisfy your cravings. Some new vapers can't vape food flavors alone because they get an analog craving from them, as if they had just eaten (I was like that - I could mix food flavors into tobacco, just not vape them alone). Some new vapers can't vape tobaccos flavors because they remind them of cigarettes and make them want one. And some new vapers can vape any flavor and be satisfied. Figure out which you are - it's important for starting out. Then only vape flavors that do satisfy your cravings. Later, after a month or two totally away from cigarettes you should be able to vape the problem flavors.

Also - how happy are you with the heat you are getting from the ecig? If you are using standard resistance with a fat battery model, there are way to get more heat (with low resistance) or more vapor (with dual coils) though both with use your battery charge up faster.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Some people quit analogs right away. For some of us it took longer. I still used analogs for a long time after I started vaping. Don't beat yourself up - every analog avoided is a win.

Finding the right juice is probably harder than finding the right PV. I have not found any that taste like cigarette smoke, but I found some that right away tasted better. Just try different juices until you find the one (or ones). Some juices are also very persistent in their flavor and you cannot get the taste out of the atty for a long time. For those I recommend having an atty dedicated to them, or better yet use cartos.

As far as cravings, try a higher nic content juice just for those times.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You did not state what model you are using. There is a BIG difference in performance between models. If you are using a mini-PV (personal vaporizer) with automatic batteries, they are considered bottom of the barrel in performance.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

As suggested, I would stick with 24mg strength eliquid and even get some 36mg which many of us used initially. If you only have auto batteries, I would switch to manual batteries which perform better. Also consider (if you don't have one already) a better "beginner" model such as the E-Power 510 or the Riva UNC.

You can clean your atomizer out with PGA (pure grain alcohol) which is good at getting rid of flavors without leaving an after taste.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It's a process, and I say you are doing great. I smoked analogs and used my ecig for a month before I totally quit analogs, so it does work! I was down to one a day for about a week and finally just went to vaping totally. Now for the cravings I agree with others about the higher nic, but what really helped me was strong tobacco flavors. I was craving that tobacco taste. My favorite tobaccos are Halo's. Freedom and Torque have a dry analog type flavor only much better! My fave is Tribeca. So mix up the tobacco flavors and it just may do the trick. If you get into mixing your own, I also like Camtel and oRYental4 from Flavour Art. Camtel tastes close to a real tobacco for me and has a dry hit to it for me. bnrk

Littlegiles

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Lancaster, SC
I'm not a father, but with 11 nieces and nephews, I can feel your pain and totally agree. There are just some things that will never leave your memory.

As for flavors, my buddy got a bottle of Djarum Black (clove) and whenever I grab his to taste something new he has, all I can taste is clove. I think I need to suggest a good alcohol bath to him.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
I hear you on the clove. I have learned to avoid it, (I will sometimes add the teensiest bit of Egyptian Spice juice to an orange cream one, when I have a cold though. It's awesome for that purpose).
I'm not a father, but with 11 nieces and nephews, I can feel your pain and totally agree. There are just some things that will never leave your memory.

As for flavors, my buddy got a bottle of Djarum Black (clove) and whenever I grab his to taste something new he has, all I can taste is clove. I think I need to suggest a good alcohol bath to him.

You are doing great! I have been vaping for 2 months now and I no longer crave the analog. When I started vaping it took me 7 days before I totally quit the analogs and it took my hubby 2 weeks. I had the same problem with the carry-over flavor and I switched to cartomizers. That did the trick. I now put different flavors in the cartos and vape the flavor I want...seems to work for me. The cartomizers last alot longer too!!! Good luck and enjoy the trial and error!

Evil Scotsman

Oct 13, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
THANK YOU EVERYONE for the suggestions AND Encouragement!!! I really do appreciate it! Sorry for not including all the information, I am using an eGo, right now with just the tips they sent, (which I really don't like all that much) and the blank cartridges I bought. I also bought 30ml "marlboro flavor and 5ml of butterscotch". I looking to buy some cartomizers, I think that is the best way to go for me. The idea of sticking to strickly tobacco flavors or at least MIX a little flavor WITH the tobacco is a great idea. THAT very well could be what is triggering my analog cravings, vaping the flavor. Does anyone know of a shop that sells cartomizers & custom flavors? Seems like it is standard flavors and carts or custom flavors and only juice? But maybe a good Marlboro flavor in a FRESH filter/atomizer is what I need? I have a spare atimizor that came with the kit. Does anyone know where to buy those little tiny ziplock bags. (crack bags) only bigger just to keep the filters seperated until I get the cartos?

THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE!! You guys are GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread