Vaping demo INSIDE A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BUILDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Believe it or not people these are not illegal and the only ones really making a big deal out of using them in public seem to be the people that are scared of trouble for whatever reason. You have every right to vape wherever and whenever you choose, you are not expelling harmful vapors or smoke that can hurt others. I really don't understand the "I have to hide this" mentality. I have never been like that though.

I read post like this and the responses and I have to laugh and shake my head. It sounds like a gang of 12 yr olds that are plotting ways to get stuff over on teacher or something. You people are supposed to be adults why not act like it? You have nothing to hide, if anything you should be crusading and showing the differences to everyone you see who shows the slightest flicker of interest. I'm not trying to insult people for being leery, I am trying to encourage you to exercise your rights of expression and free speech. Just because someone may not like what your doing and is trying to stop you that is no reason to hide in the shadows if you're not doing anything wrong.

I guess I am the tactless one in the crowd that could not care less what others think. I don't live my life to please others just as others don't live their lives to please me. I don't hide what I am doing nor will I, hide what I am doing. It has not been a issue at ANY BUSINESS OR BUILDING I have gone in since switching over. This includes: my daughter's high school, grocery stores, pharmacies, oral surgeons office, dentist office, doctors office, courtroom, department stores, post office and a few others no doubt that I have forgotten. NOT ONCE have I been challenged or asked not to use it, NOT ONCE. The worse that can happen is the owner of the place or the manager will ask you to please not do it. If that happens then I will choose to either leave and never do business there again or ask why depending on the situation, but I will not hide. Good luck with your continued success. These things have added years to my life provided I can break this bad habit I have of playing in traffic and not looking when I cross the street.

you make a good point, however look where u are, and where I am, in Michigan I doubt anyone would really care, and like you said they can either take it or leave it, but I'm in Washington, D.C. the LIONS DEN, working in a federal building. They have laws here where you can't smoke within 25 feet of any federal building. And yes I have smoked other places as well, grocery store, restraunts, etc, but it's just the fact of where I was when I demonstrated it without consequences was pretty sweet :)

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Well SLDS181 I would have, however I was trying to make it as simple as possible, if I said vapor I instantly think, oh that maybe something bad, but steam well that equals water so it's not bad :)

I understand, but its not true. The best thing we can do is point out that the anti's have been lying and exaggerating, and if we do it too, then we aren't trustworthy.

"Vapor like from an asthma inhaler" isn't lying, its pretty accurate, and would be a much better choice next time imho :)

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Yeah Augie I understand your point and it is well made, living right there in the den of evil must make it hard to sleep at night. Then again it must be nice to be one of the few honest men in town eh?

I just wanted to make a point to not be such wallflowers to some people, they act like what we are doing is something that needs to be hidden and kept secret. These are not illegal and no need to treat them that way, stand up for yourself.

You are right too the mindset is a bit different in different areas of the country. The midwest was slow to even consider banning smoking in restaurants like other places. In CA you can't smoke in the friggin bars or bowling alley's even! What's next no drinking alcohol in bars either? I never understood the concept of having bars being legal anyway in this society where everyone drives everywhere we are basically condoning drinking and driving, that's not the subject matter here but you get the point.

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
I'd love to see how they react to someone with a cack piercing.... wth do you do then? Whip it out and show them? lol

well 99% of piercings these days (if you get a good piercer) are made of either bioplast (not magnetic), titanium (wont set off most metal detectors), gold (also wont set them off), or silver (once again.. wont set them off)

only really cheap steel ones you get from "steve stabbo shack" or at a mall kiosk (uuughhh) will use steel ones.

this is because many people (i think around 40%) are allergic to some of the metals in steel, the thing is.. its not a big deal holding a hunk of steel but if you break the skin and place steel on it for prolonged periods of time (aka a piercing) there can be infections and horrid swelling, even rejections.

With as you said "cack" piercings.. all of those would be titanium.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Yeah Augie I understand your point and it is well made, living right there in the den of evil must make it hard to sleep at night. Then again it must be nice to be one of the few honest men in town eh?

I just wanted to make a point to not be such wallflowers to some people, they act like what we are doing is something that needs to be hidden and kept secret. These are not illegal and no need to treat them that way, stand up for yourself.

You are right too the mindset is a bit different in different areas of the country. The midwest was slow to even consider banning smoking in restaurants like other places. In CA you can't smoke in the friggin bars or bowling alley's even! What's next no drinking alcohol in bars either? I never understood the concept of having bars being legal anyway in this society where everyone drives everywhere we are basically condoning drinking and driving, that's not the subject matter here but you get the point.

Hahaha back in Kansas where i'm from originally the cops had a bad habit of sitting across the street and popping people as they stumbled to thier car and drove out the parking lot of the bar. Of course most of them had a "Rambo" mentality anyways. :)

Last edited:

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I understand, but its not true. The best thing we can do is point out that the anti's have been lying and exaggerating, and if we do it too, then we aren't trustworthy.

"Vapor like from an asthma inhaler" isn't lying, its pretty accurate, and would be a much better choice next time imho :)

hehe ok FINE i'll use the word "vapor" next time lol

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Love the post, it's re-affirming. I too work in a Federal Building, though not in DC, and HAVE actually just placed a bulk purchase because the only off-line option around here is 80 bucks for a HEALTH E-CIG kit at the mall... and there are some... very old and stubborn (think thats the polite way to say it) employees who will not go home and get on a computer and research this, but WILL buy a kit from me if I have one for sale. I've so far convinced 6 Fed employees to start vaping, and three of us do it inside our offices. We simply asked our supervisors if it was ok if we use our personal vaporizers inside, and explained that it has helped us quit smoking, and then break it down and show them the parts, what they do, and display the liquid, and then take a puff and ask them if they smell smoke.... I do still go outside to the smoking area of course, and everyday without fail, someone walks up, points at my protege and says "What the heck is THAT thing???"... and I explain again, lather rinse repeat.

So far, so good.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
You have every right to vape wherever and whenever you choose,
Subject to the owner / whoever is in charge of wherever you are.

It's only common courtesy to ask first (especially as PVs e-cigs (call 'em what you will) are still relatively unknown / uncommon)

You catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

To go in with the attitude that I have the right to do this here irrespective of what others want is downright rude & inconsiderate.

I'm still amazed by the amount of folks who come out with "Oh yeah, I vaped in XXX the other day" when it's somewhere that they would never have smoked before smoking bans & / or e-cigs came about.

suhrim21

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
bakersfield ca
Hehe, yeah. Wait- what? Again? What do you mean by "again"?

well I used to have a little tiny swiss army knife on my keychain that I got at work and ATTEMPTED to go into the court house. Yea that didnt go over well lets just say I had to call in to work since I went during my lunch break to pay a ticket, but I had to call in the rest of the day. after they maced me for having a knife they grilled me in a small office for 2 hours before confiscating my knife and letting me go.

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
well I used to have a little tiny swiss army knife on my keychain that I got at work and ATTEMPTED to go into the court house. Yea that didnt go over well lets just say I had to call in to work since I went during my lunch break to pay a ticket, but I had to call in the rest of the day. after they maced me for having a knife they grilled me in a small office for 2 hours before confiscating my knife and letting me go.

Holy Crap! Thank goodness for small towns, I guess. I used to work at a law office and went in and out of the court house all day long. I can't even dream of them doing something like that to me or anybody! I set off the alarm a few times, I'd tell them what it was, they'd believe me, no big deal. Come to think of it, it's amazing we don't have more court shootings around there.:confused: (I don't live there anymore)

suhrim21

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
bakersfield ca
oh this isnt a small town we have about 350 thousand people in this town. I miss that knife. I asked them if there was any way to get it back when they told me they were confiscateing it and they said I would have to go explain it to the judge why I tried to bring a knife into the court house. I wasnt about to push my luck so I no longer have the knife.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I got one too..... Went to the Providence Federal Building with my GG Transformer and had to empty my pockets..... First the guards thought it was drug paraphernalia...... Had to show and explain...... The guard was impressed and asked how to get one......
He took one of those paper sticky labels that said "My Name Is: and wrote on it...... "I am not smoking " and asked me to wear the label......
I thought that was so cool...... I then went to the Social Security Office and the Viet Nam Vets Office...... They wanted to know why I was wearing the label, so I showed them........

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net

steam is vapor

and there's water in our e-liquid, so it is partially steam..

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Hey Sludge, why should I have to ask if it is OK for me to do something that is completely legal..... Wow, I would be asking permission for everything I do all day long..... If somebody has a problem with what I am doing or they don't understand they can ask me......
I vape in rrestaurants all the time..... Usually the waitress has a problem with it and gets the manager...... Usually the manager will give me permission unless it offends the other guests....... If it offends, I stop...... Usually it is OK once I explain......
E-Cigs will never be accepted if you keep them hidden all the time...... Just my humble opinion......

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I got one too..... Went to the Providence Federal Building with my GG Transformer and had to empty my pockets..... First the guards thought it was drug paraphernalia...... Had to show and explain...... The guard was impressed and asked how to get one......
He took one of those paper sticky labels that said "My Name Is: and wrote on it...... "I am not smoking " and asked me to wear the label......
I thought that was so cool...... I then went to the Social Security Office and the Viet Nam Vets Office...... They wanted to know why I was wearing the label, so I showed them........

heh they're not forcing me to wear a name sticker, but every guard that sees it here thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread