Vaping demo INSIDE A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BUILDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
thought i'd share this...
so just came in from the outside to go back to work (cause dear God if I smoke in or near a Federal Government building), and i put through my 2 PV cases and was going through the metal detector. When one of the guards stopped me, and asked what it was inside the cases (I had my 510 pcc and m401 cases with me). So i told them both sitting there what it was, what it doesn't contain, broke it apart so they could see the different parts and put it back together and puff on it several times INSIDE and "put it out" on my hand and explained the "smoke" they saw come out and that the "cigarette" was steam, and what the e-juice was that I refilled with. They were amazed at this e-cig (people coming in and out looked confused) and one guard who didn't even smoke wanted one haha.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
One thing, next time say its vapor, like what you see from a fog machine - because it isn't steam.

Otherwise, awesome :)

Well SLDS181 I would have, however I was trying to make it as simple as possible, if I said vapor I instantly think, oh that maybe something bad, but steam well that equals water so it's not bad :)

Last edited:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Believe it or not people these are not illegal and the only ones really making a big deal out of using them in public seem to be the people that are scared of trouble for whatever reason. You have every right to vape wherever and whenever you choose, you are not expelling harmful vapors or smoke that can hurt others. I really don't understand the "I have to hide this" mentality. I have never been like that though.

I read post like this and the responses and I have to laugh and shake my head. It sounds like a gang of 12 yr olds that are plotting ways to get stuff over on teacher or something. You people are supposed to be adults why not act like it? You have nothing to hide, if anything you should be crusading and showing the differences to everyone you see who shows the slightest flicker of interest. I'm not trying to insult people for being leery, I am trying to encourage you to exercise your rights of expression and free speech. Just because someone may not like what your doing and is trying to stop you that is no reason to hide in the shadows if you're not doing anything wrong.

I guess I am the tactless one in the crowd that could not care less what others think. I don't live my life to please others just as others don't live their lives to please me. I don't hide what I am doing nor will I, hide what I am doing. It has not been a issue at ANY BUSINESS OR BUILDING I have gone in since switching over. This includes: my daughter's high school, grocery stores, pharmacies, oral surgeons office, dentist office, doctors office, courtroom, department stores, post office and a few others no doubt that I have forgotten. NOT ONCE have I been challenged or asked not to use it, NOT ONCE. The worse that can happen is the owner of the place or the manager will ask you to please not do it. If that happens then I will choose to either leave and never do business there again or ask why depending on the situation, but I will not hide. Good luck with your continued success. These things have added years to my life provided I can break this bad habit I have of playing in traffic and not looking when I cross the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread