The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping demo INSIDE A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BUILDING!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by augie, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. augie

augie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    thought i'd share this...
    so just came in from the outside to go back to work (cause dear God if I smoke in or near a Federal Government building), and i put through my 2 PV cases and was going through the metal detector. When one of the guards stopped me, and asked what it was inside the cases (I had my 510 pcc and m401 cases with me). So i told them both sitting there what it was, what it doesn't contain, broke it apart so they could see the different parts and put it back together and puff on it several times INSIDE and "put it out" on my hand and explained the "smoke" they saw come out and that the "cigarette" was steam, and what the e-juice was that I refilled with. They were amazed at this e-cig (people coming in and out looked confused) and one guard who didn't even smoke wanted one haha.

2. Bandit

Bandit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You have big brass balls.

I think I can hear them clank from here.

3. Bandit

I vote you ECF Member of the Day. :D

4. suhrim21

suhrim21 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    bakersfield ca
    Yea big damn balls. Me and my dumb luck they would think it was a weapon again and beat the living crap out of me.

wow.

5. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    haha yeah it was PRETTY DAMN SWEET! and the other guards inside at the entrance didn't say a DAMN THING to me. :D

6. Bandit

I'd love to see how they react to someone with a cack piercing.... wth do you do then? Whip it out and show them? lol

7. catwoman19

catwoman19 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2009
    Orlando
    Wonder how long it's gonna be before they let prisoners vape?:lol:

8. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I wish I was there to see that!!!

9. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    they would wand you and you would have to explain why it's beeping hehe

10. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    unforunately I don't have a camera phone haha God I wish I did :)

maybe I should put a "Don't try this at home" warning on this thread? LOL

11. Hinterscher

Hinterscher Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    Southern Indiana, USA
    My husband was standing behind me vaping in the stupid post office one day, I could have shot him! I don't wanna get kicked outta the post office for cripes sake!!:lol::lol::lol: Nobody said anything though, thank goodness.

Would have loved to see those guards though!!! LOL

12. SLDS181

SLDS181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Western NJ
    One thing, next time say its vapor, like what you see from a fog machine - because it isn't steam.

Otherwise, awesome :)

13. MightoftheWest

MightoftheWest Senior Member ECF Veteran

This tops all of the smoking in public threads that I have seen. You sir have gumption.:D

14. Vapalicious

Vapalicious Full Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Hehe, yeah. Wait- what? Again? What do you mean by "again"?

15. Dredbull

Dredbull Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yep I had some jewelry on and had to explain that... was not a piercing.

16. 6linkslam

6linkslam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I tok my 510 and pcc into the united states federal court house with me and they never even gave it a second thought. It actually went in the court house three times that day with it and they never said a word about it. I was highly surprised.

17. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    Well SLDS181 I would have, however I was trying to make it as simple as possible, if I said vapor I instantly think, oh that maybe something bad, but steam well that equals water so it's not bad :)

18. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    hahaha sticking it to the MAN, on THIER turf! LOL

19. augie

Oct 5, 2009
    Virginia
    ah but did you openly puff on it inside? :)

20. Snarkyone

Snarkyone Super Member ECF Veteran

Believe it or not people these are not illegal and the only ones really making a big deal out of using them in public seem to be the people that are scared of trouble for whatever reason. You have every right to vape wherever and whenever you choose, you are not expelling harmful vapors or smoke that can hurt others. I really don't understand the "I have to hide this" mentality. I have never been like that though.

I read post like this and the responses and I have to laugh and shake my head. It sounds like a gang of 12 yr olds that are plotting ways to get stuff over on teacher or something. You people are supposed to be adults why not act like it? You have nothing to hide, if anything you should be crusading and showing the differences to everyone you see who shows the slightest flicker of interest. I'm not trying to insult people for being leery, I am trying to encourage you to exercise your rights of expression and free speech. Just because someone may not like what your doing and is trying to stop you that is no reason to hide in the shadows if you're not doing anything wrong.

I guess I am the tactless one in the crowd that could not care less what others think. I don't live my life to please others just as others don't live their lives to please me. I don't hide what I am doing nor will I, hide what I am doing. It has not been a issue at ANY BUSINESS OR BUILDING I have gone in since switching over. This includes: my daughter's high school, grocery stores, pharmacies, oral surgeons office, dentist office, doctors office, courtroom, department stores, post office and a few others no doubt that I have forgotten. NOT ONCE have I been challenged or asked not to use it, NOT ONCE. The worse that can happen is the owner of the place or the manager will ask you to please not do it. If that happens then I will choose to either leave and never do business there again or ask why depending on the situation, but I will not hide. Good luck with your continued success. These things have added years to my life provided I can break this bad habit I have of playing in traffic and not looking when I cross the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.