Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Vaping Emits Less Formaldehyde than Previously Thought

Story about the Gillman/Kistler aldehyde study in Motherboard. I might be accused of duplicating a thread, but the title of the story, as well as the story itself, shows that there actually are fair and objective journalists out there, and I felt that should be displayed on its own. Nice to see a positive story that helps give the whole picture of the aldehyde issue. Kaleigh Rogers has written several ecig stories and has been in general very fair in her coverage, even writing followup stories when previous ones were highly criticized by vapers. She does not smoke or vape, but she told me she believes there has been a lot of poor and biased stories published. I do wish she had included Dr. Gene Gillman's name, since he was technically the PI of the study, but I think its a very good story. The original faulty studies that burned e-liquid in CE4s, and the poor reporting in the media, were probably responsible for some vapers actually going back to smoking, and smokers continuing to smoke rather than switch. Hopefully this story will help heal the damage that was made and encourage other journalists to look deeper into the science and the context of studies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thank you for the Work you have done with Regards to all this Kurt.
When it comes to vaping science, and vaping advocacy, there are three groups of folks...

--Those that do it for love
--Those that do it for money
--Those that started out doing it for love but switched to doing it for money

I do not entirely begrudge those that do it for money.
Although there are some that are on my VERY naughty list.

But when push comes to shove, I only trust those that do it for love.
(Yes, that rhymed, and I'd like to say that I planned it that way)

Having said that, and it being hard to tell the difference sometimes...
I will not support those that do it for money...

Kurt is one of us, and always has been.
There are others in this industry that I trust far less though.

But that's a story for another thread which I have no intention of starting.
At least not right now.
:laugh:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
All these fine points are interesting but boil down to one question for me. I my vape lower risk than my smoking habit. If the anwer is yes I'm going to keep vaping. May be some day I'll stop vaping too. TIme will tell.

I'm not indifferent to lesser potential risks that might exist with vaping. I use temp control at 400 degrees and 30 max watts with +1 ohm coils and resist the temptations to go higher. I don't want my daily ml's to go up and would be happy if they went down. Finally I've found I can reduce flavoring to 1% and still get good flavor. A lot of people are vaping happily at 10-15 watts on higher ohm coils. It's hard to believe those setups scald much liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread