Vaping History Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I thought it would be interesting to read a comprehensive, concise history of vaping. I feel there are a lot of interesting stories that are at risk of being lost over time.

I am curious, what types of things do you think belong in a vaping history book? Chapters, stories, interviews from specific people? That sort of thing. And should the book be from an individual author, or a different author per chapter, or a community contribution?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
We'll need a snippet regarding Melvin Provario.
and The Vaporacle Free Steeping Service:

1. Send us your full bottle of e-juice along with a self addressed stamped enveloped.
2. We will lock it in a drawer for you with the cap off for six months.
3. If your bottle is empty when we return it, that's normal and caused by natural evaporation.

It was surreal that he described people & discussions I recognized from the main MBV thread.

168950369_2970085969888880_8302811226876825061_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Just last night I went through a hole of early hardware models and vape ideas , like 2008-9 and got linked back here from 2009.i find that really interesting, the rapid evolution and it really was different back then, I keep thinking of the time I ordered from China and eliquid with ...... was available, cartomizer days. It didn't stick for me and I smoked few more years before coming back around early rta subohm, I'd like a good read on it all

• Informative
Reactions: CAAB

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I thought it would be interesting to read a comprehensive, concise history of vaping. I feel there are a lot of interesting stories that are at risk of being lost over time.
I like the concept, and others have jumped in, but I have to say... do you actually have any contribution? You start a thread but have no input (not actually saying that's wrong but...)

Reactions: CAAB

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I like the concept, and others have jumped in, but I have to say... do you actually have any contribution? You start a thread but have no input (not actually saying that's wrong but...)

I think what got me interested in this topic was when I watched this video recently and realized that there is a rich history on vaping that has happened in such a short time. It led me to believe that although I thought I knew a lot about vaping, I only really knew a fair amount about a small slice.

I got the feeling like I wanted to pick up a book, not an overly thick encyclopedia size, but a decent size book that could give me a sense of context. So maybe I could get a better sense of perspective.

I have been very interested in responses thus far and have been reading up on things as a result. Again, it make me realize how much there is to learn.

Here's that video by the way that got me started on this train of thought:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread