Vaping in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Once, I went off on a bit of a tangent about my being from the future, and that "everyone's doing this in 2017", even adding that I had checked with the paradox committee and that they assured me that my talking about it in 2009 wasn't going to endanger my existence in 2017.
I've really got to remember that one for future use (no pun intended)

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
By hiding what your doing in public you are not helping anyone. You are the type of person that has been bullied or brainwashed by your government to follow rules no matter how idiotic they are, I refuse to be a sheep, I am an individual with a brain and an adult, I can decide for myself what I wish to do I don't need the government or society to tell me what is acceptable and what is not.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
My personal opinion;
Deliberately vaping in a store just so people notice, is not good. E-cigs are still new to the public, and this will only give them a bad name. Some of our local restaurants have banned them for being a nuisance.

I've always found I can wait until I'm outside.

Hear hear!!!!

These things are still alien to the majority of the human race and, until such time that everyone is more educated on them, if someone has an issue with me using one, I will respect their wishes.

Last thing we need are the fools with the belief that since it's not illegal, anyone who questions it can go screw themself.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
My personal opinion;
Deliberately vaping in a store just so people notice, is not good. E-cigs are still new to the public, and this will only give them a bad name. Some of our local restaurants have banned them for being a nuisance.

I've always found I can wait until I'm outside.

Hear hear!!!!

These things are still alien to the majority of the human race and, until such time that everyone is more educated on them, if someone has an issue with me using one, I will respect their wishes.

Last thing we need are the fools with the belief that since it's not illegal, anyone who questions it can go screw themself.
Well said both of you. Antagonistic idiots are only going to get them banned from venues such as our local pub , where a brown & white super mini smoking idiot proceded to tell the licencee that they were legal & he would use it where he damn well pleased.

The licencee's response was "Not in my pub you won't." They are now banned indoors there as a consequence of this ..... not bothering to ask first. I know for a fact that if he'd have asked first then there wouldn't have been a problem, as I've been told that if it had been us (& we did ask first), Thomas would not have had a problem with it. However as this "I can use it anywhere I want" idiot is still frequenting the pub, the ban stays in place.

SKing

Moved On
May 19, 2009
Colorado
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Why on earth should I go to a smoking area when I'm not smoking? I

I can give you one good reason -- to help spread the word. I went outside with my friend who still smokes analogs. There were two guys already out there and one walked up and tried to light my e-cig :lol:

Of course, I had to stop him before he damaged my little friend...

But it did certainly start a conversation going. I have made up cards that I carry in my wallet. They read:
The Cleaner Alternative
No smoke -- only vapor
No risk of passive smoking
No tar
No ash
No carbon monoxide
No unpleasant odor
Nicotine optional
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

The logo is the green box you see in my signature. One of our forum members designed and posted it the grahic many moons ago.

I have been giving out a card to anyone who expresses interest and seems enthused about the idea and asks me, "Where do you get one of those?"

If I were a vendor, I could have already sold at least a couple dozen starter kits already just in casual conversation. I have purchased and given them to two family members who can't afford to buy their own. I told them they could buy their own cartridges or liquid from the money they saved by not buying analogs.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
But it did certainly start a conversation going. I have made up cards that I carry in my wallet. They read:
The Cleaner Alternative
No smoke -- only vapor
No risk of passive smoking
No tar
No ash
No carbon monoxide
No unpleasant odor
Nicotine optional
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

The logo is the green box you see in my signature. One of our forum members designed and posted it the grahic many moons ago.
You're welcome Volcalek ;):D

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I went to the 101 sports bar to watch football and started vaping, the 101 is also a restaraunt and this guy sees me vaping, he stomps to where I am sitting and starts looking around looking for my cig, he gets a puzzled look on his face when he sees no cig, he then starts sniffing and when he smells no odor he turns around and stomps off . Ohh man it was all I could do to keep from LMFAO.

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
I went to the 101 sports bar to watch football and started vaping, the 101 is also a restaraunt and this guy sees me vaping, he stomps to where I am sitting and starts looking around looking for my cig, he gets a puzzled look on his face when he sees no cig, he then starts sniffing and when he smells no odor he turns around and stomps off . Ohh man it was all I could do to keep from LMFAO.

lol! thats awesome!

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
I went to the 101 sports bar to watch football and started vaping, the 101 is also a restaraunt and this guy sees me vaping, he stomps to where I am sitting and starts looking around looking for my cig, he gets a puzzled look on his face when he sees no cig, he then starts sniffing and when he smells no odor he turns around and stomps off . Ohh man it was all I could do to keep from LMFAO.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I went into the police station to see if anyone had turned in my lost car keys, and was standing there vaping away, (the one officer there is an aquaintance) and this """lady""" officer came charging over to me and yelled at me about smoking inside, and to get out, and it stunk! No wonder cops get a bad rap with people like her. Everyone was cool about it, but she was just plain beligerant. Those Haole's coming over here, yeah? A new recruit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread